CannaButter In 7 Easy Steps!

With water, there's no need to pay attention to either stirring or keeping the butter from burning. That's why I say I'm not sure that those pros are worth the cons of dealing with the mess later.

Oil is suggested by some as better than butter, in that the temperature at which is will burn is higher and thus it's easier to work with without burning.

Cannabis vodka:

In a saucepan, melt 1/8 pound of butter. Crumble a handful of marijuana tops or leaves. Stir the grass into the molten butter. Continue stirring over medium heat for one minute. While it is hot or sizzling, add 8 ounces of vodka. Be cautious that the hot butter does not make the mixture spatter. It is best to pour in the vodka swiftly. Continue to boil for 30 seconds or more, stirring all the while. A pinch or two of powdered cardamom seed may be added during the boiling. . . .

After boiling as much as desired, strain the liquids using a coffee filter, and sweeten to taste with honey if desired. Pour the liquid into 4-ounce wine glasses. Serves two.

This recipe is not only an efficient method of extracting the active THC, it is also an excellent medium for assimilation. The effects may be felt in less than fifteen minutes (drinking is faster than eating).

1-week Cannabis vodka. Use stems or low-grade schwag:

-1/4 oz. or more of stockpiled cannabis stems or schwag.
-Vodka
-Glass container

Place all stockpiled stems in a jar. Pour in your vodka, just enough to fully submerge the stems. Let set in a dark place for about a week, then strain out the stems, seeds, etc. with a coffee filter.

Why this works: Stems contain a small amout of THC, but not really enough to be worth smoking. Compiling enough stems together and soaking them releases the THC into the vodka.

FYI:
-The better the weed, the less quantity to be used in any recipe, since eating it is always much more potent than smoking. The quantities listed in most recipes are rather high, because they generally assume the use of low-grade weed. With better quality, use much less than recommended. Experiment, starting with less.

-The longer the butter is simmered just below the boiling point, the more THC is absorbed into the butter, margarine or oil, up to a max. of 1/2 hour. Sufficient heat must be used to release the THC, without burning or boiling the liquid. Stir continually to avoid burning or boiling.

-Warning: when eating brownies, it always takes 30-60 mins. to feel the effects-do not eat too much at the beginning, until you know what the effect is an hour later!!

instead of using cheesecloth can use a filter used to make coffee? seems like it would work well since its used for the same purpose to get the liquid out.

oh my bad man didnt notice u said it already thx man.

what can i say man.fantastic..your direction were so clear.the ladies loved it..they really liked the fact we could eat our cookies as we walked down the warf past several of san frans PO's.I dont know how much credit to give the cookies but our weekend turned out great!:adore:

I wouldnt use a coffee filter. Never. It seems it would absorb alot of the good stuff and thats a waste. Use nylon stockings, cheesecloth, fine fine mesh--and all of those are readily available and cheap.

Think I am going to have my try at that MJ Vodka...Maybe make a tincture.. :hmmmm:

I've tried coffee filters once in the past and will never do it again. For 1 it strains a LOT slower than cheesecloth does, and secondly it gets really weak once it'd been wetted down a bit. Cheesecloth and you lift off and squeeze all the butter out so you don't miss much, with a coffee filter, when I squeezed, it just ripped and fell apart. Stick to a tougher material.

i did this, and now i hava 1/4 of weed in butter, and toast tastes funny, what else can i make????

im getting my gfs sister, a chef, to make us pancakes....

Great info but I have a question, do I cover the pot after the mixture starts to simmer? Maybe a dumb question but I don't know, thanks.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom