WalterGamer8

So i ordered 8 seeds from seedsman and I originally germinated 4 of them all with the paper towel method and saw a white taproot and planted them into FFOF soil. I think the problem why these first 4 didnt sprout was because I was watering them too much and had them under a 600w hps light and after a couple days when I dug at them they all looked pretty much dead. SO then with the last 4 I had left I germinated them with paper towel method and all 4 had the white taproot. I only watered the soil right before i planted them. And I just had them under a led bulb on a lamp. Its BEEN 7OR 8 days and they didnt even sprout. I dug at them and they looked pretty much dead besides one that had a "little brown thing " poking out the top of the seed. Im really pissed off that I cant even get the seeds to sprout when Im literally doing everything, I even bought a heating pad and have that under them like what am I doing wrong??? I ordered another 4 autoflower seeds and when they come in I really really want these to sprout and not to waste them. Can someone please help me out? Is growing just not for some people ?

View media item 1769086
View media item 1769087In these pics my hps light and exhaust fan arent even on right now I just have them there. Right now I just have a small fan blowing air around and a led lamp. When I looked at the seeds they didnt even look like bad seeds. What am I doing wrong ??

hey @WalterGamer8 ,

I have had some years that getting them above grade has been frustrating and this year, having sprouted 163 Blue Dream, I put 56 in coco cups with seedling soil, 56 in trays of coco coir and 51 in solo cups 2/3 full of my organic super soil + 13 coco.

All the ones in coco have poked their heads up while only about 20 of them in seedling soil showed. I have found seedling soil retains too much water and seems to compact. I will be using the solo cups with soil bottom and coco top from now on.

hey @WalterGamer8 ,

I have had some years that getting them above grade has been frustrating and this year, having sprouted 163 Blue Dream, I put 56 in coco cups with seedling soil, 56 in trays of coco coir and 51 in solo cups 2/3 full of my organic super soil + 13 coco.

All the ones in coco have poked their heads up while only about 20 of them in seedling soil showed. I have found seedling soil retains too much water and seems to compact. I will be using the solo cups with soil bottom and coco top from now on.
do you think its the ffof thats messing them up? I read that ffof could be bad for seeds. This is just really pissing me off because out of 8 seeds i couldnt even get one sprout. What could I do for the next 4 seeds that I got to make sure they sprout? Should I try a seedling soil or rockwool or something like that ?

After my success this month with coco coir, that’s the route I would follow, it drains well but retains enough water to keep the sprout hydrated so it can develop and get its head above ground.

Some guys here are using perlite as well, fill a solo cup with perlite, poke holes about 1/3 from the bottom and fill with water. Water drains down to the holes but the perlite stays damp to keep the sprout hydrated. I have done the perlite with success but then I have to transplant a bare root seedling so I prefer the coco over soil method now

After my success this month with coco coir, that’s the route I would follow, it drains well but retains enough water to keep the sprout hydrated so it can develop and get its head above ground.

Some guys here are using perlite as well, fill a solo cup with perlite, poke holes about 1/3 from the bottom and fill with water. Water drains down to the holes but the perlite stays damp to keep the sprout hydrated. I have done the perlite with success but then I have to transplant a bare root seedling so I prefer the coco over soil method now
alright im gonna try the coco coir. Does this look good ?

91yrY22tM5L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

is it alright to go from coco coir and then transplant the coco coir into soil or will i have to take the seedling out of the coco? Also thanks a lot for helping me man I really appreciate it

I'm a FFOF guy, the only times I had trouble was from seeds I bought. I'm a shit seed magnet, i always get white n premature seeds. I breed my own now n have 100% success. Recently I spent the coin n bought seeds from a good breeder, 100% success. I also use riot rooters to start my seeds in after they pop in a paper towel.

:bongrip: I used to put seeds under light as soon as they touch the soil. not good for them. I'd be pissed too. a week ago I had some french lavender seeds that refused to sprout under any method and I was pissed. But its lavender :rofl:
Here's my suggestion: I use espoma seed starter, It's a lot better for the roots, and only water when dry.
1588207608954.png

once you plant the seeds, put them in the dark until they sprout. they like around 80% humidity so you're good on that front. You can also get a little seed/ clone dome, it gets real moist in there and the seeds love it. Here's the one I have.
1588207785637.png

One more thing, a seedling heat mat might be something to look into. It keeps the seedling warm so the roots explode. Vivosun makes some great mats.

I'm a FFOF guy, the only times I had trouble was from seeds I bought. I'm a shit seed magnet, i always get white n premature seeds. I breed my own now n have 100% success. Recently I spent the coin n bought seeds from a good breeder, 100% success. I also use riot rooters to start my seeds in after they pop in a paper towel.
I bought from seedsman and im not gonna lie it was a bad experience. Seeds took 25 days to come. This is my first grow and do you think they just gave me bad seeds ? idk. There were 2 different strains and some of the seeds were like tan color, is that bad ? Should I go with the coco coir for seeds ? idk

:bongrip: I used to put seeds under light as soon as they touch the soil. not good for them. I'd be pissed too. a week ago I had some french lavender seeds that refused to sprout under any method and I was pissed. But its lavender :rofl:
Here's my suggestion: I use espoma seed starter, It's a lot better for the roots, and only water when dry.
1588207608954.png

once you plant the seeds, put them in the dark until they sprout. they like around 80% humidity so you're good on that front. You can also get a little seed/ clone dome, it gets real moist in there and the seeds love it. Here's the one I have.
1588207785637.png

One more thing, a seedling heat mat might be something to look into. It keeps the seedling warm so the roots explode. Vivosun makes some great mats.
Hey whats up man. I bought a heatmat a couple days ago and they still didnt even sprout :,(. Everyone keeps telling me different things, some people tell me its bad for seeds to have light before they sprout and some people tell me that they need light before they sprout. Ive been giving them light do you think thats part of the problem ? Im gonna look into the seed dome and a better soil for them

I bought from seedsman and im not gonna lie it was a bad experience. Seeds took 25 days to come. This is my first grow and do you think they just gave me bad seeds ? idk. There were 2 different strains and some of the seeds were like tan color, is that bad ? Should I go with the coco coir for seeds ? idk
When seeds are tan, that usually means they're males.

For now you can try putting plastic wrap over those cups and just poke a few holes for air.
Yeah I saw that mat after I posted. isn't that for back pain? :rofl:
Here's the vivosun mat I have. stays on 24 hrs a day unless you unplug it and it makes the dome sweat which the plants love. it's also only 18$. maybe try taking off the cloth cover of that mat?
1588208610974.png

Personally, I've killed too many seeds by putting them under light before sprouting and as soon as I started putting them in the dark my germination ratio went from 50% to 75%. but even master growers lose seeds.

When seeds are tan, that usually means they're males.

What? You don’t actually believe that... do you?

people tell me its bad for seeds to have light before they sprout and some people tell me that they need light before they sprout.

I have mine under light from the moment I put them in soil (625w @ 30”). 24 hour light under humidity domes. Once they’re established the light will be dialled back to 18-6 and lowered to 26”

First off, seed colour has nothing to do with male/female. Not sure who told you that but it’s not true.
Seed colour has to do with the ripeness of the seed, green thru tan to mottled. The longer they stay on the vine, the darker they get.
that makes much more sense :rofl: my bad, a little too many :bongrip:

If you go the coco route Walter, use a solo cup with holes in the bottom, fill it 2/3 soil and 1/3 coco on top. Put your spouted seed in the coco and water until it drains from the bottom. Then put somewhere room temperature and leave it till it shows above ground. Then leave it another week before considering giving it water.

Yea its for back pain :rofl: its pretty valid doe and it keeps a good temp thats not too hot. Im gonna definitely buy a humidity dome. I think thers no saving the seeds i have now its been 8 days and they didnt even spout i think theyre dead :O
So when my autoflower seeds come in do I put them under light or no light ? :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom