Captain Kief's Mixed Auto 250W 2700K CFL D.I.Y Closet 1st Grow

Captain Kief

Hey everybody!

I just want to start by saying howdy, I'm new to this site I used to frequent another site although now that I'm getting into growing I had a look about and here seemed best for what I'm after so hello fellow stoners :yummy: .

I'm not used to writing anything really so I had a nice bowl of blue cheese to get me going and I feel like my head is trying to float off so apologies if this is a little incoherent :p :roorrip:

This is my first grow, I needed it to be cheap because im skinto and stealthy enough that if someone stumbled into the room during a bong session it wasn't blatantly obvious there was magical herb growing inside.

I'll give a brief run down of what Iv'e done so far and how much it cost incase someone is interested in doing a closet grow.

The Cash:

Closet = £25 (from a charity shop)
Mylar = £20 4m2
250W 2700K CFL = £50
CFL Socket = £8
CANNA Coco Pro = £15
Thermo Hygrometer = £15
2 Port extension = £5
2 x Airpots = £3ea
Fan = £0 (I already had)
Water Bottle = £1
2 x 1l Plant Magic Plus CoCo Bloom = £16
1l Plant Magic Plus Bloom Boost = £11
PH Tester = £5
3 x Seeds = £10ea

Total = £207... I think that's everything

IMG_016831.JPG
IMG_017636.JPG

IMG_021534.JPG
IMG_012433.JPG

The Girls:

I realize that two out of three of my hopefully female plants have guy names all I can say is I won't be letting my girlfriend name them again.

Dinafem Amnesia Auto Flower - Arnie
Dinafem White Widdow Auto Flower - Willow
Dinafem Cheese Auto Flower - Jeremy

The Stats:

What strain is it - Cheese Auto/Amnesia Auto/White Willow Auto all dinafem
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages - Indica/Sativa/Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage - Veg
If in Veg... For how long - 1 week ish
Indoor or outdoor - Indoor
Soil or Hydro - Soil Canna Coco Plus
If soil... What size pot - 10L and air pots unknown size
Size of light - 250W CFL 2700K
Is it aircooled - One Small Fan
Temp of Room/cab - 25-29
RH of Room/cab - 40%-55%
PH of media or res - Unknown
Any Pests - Nope
How often are you watering - Daily
Type and strength of ferts used - None

The reason I'm growing is for a personal smoke, I never intend to have more than 2 plants going at once (didn't go quite to plan), I am a daily smoker, have been for about 18 months now and as I mentioned skint so I can't afford a tenner a g for the good gear.

Amnesia is my favorite and White willow is up there so I grabbed those seeds locally and also grabbed a cheese, all are autos, I went with auto's for a few reasons I wanted to ease in to the growing game and I also couldn't afford both a blue and red spectrum light.

I decided to germ the cheese first incase I screwed it up that being my least favourite. I read all the tutorials online and did what they recommend I soaked the seed for 24 hours-ish then put the seed between moist paper towels, it was in there for over a week with no action apart from a little swelling, then a few days later when I had practically given up she popped!! so I panicked and ran to a local b&q and grabbed some random soil, vermiculite and a 3 Gallon pot (which I left out of the pricing because I wont be using them in the future).

IMG_016431.JPG

When I came home with my b&q haul I had a celebration bong before planting the little cheese, I had all the soil and vermiculite mixed nice in the pot then I went to plant her I was so careful because I read to put her 2-5mm from the top and I dropped her right in, I spent ages looking totally blazed trying to find her with no luck, I was sure she was inches deep and had no chance.

I left the pot for a few days with no progress, I was watering daily

I was beginning to give up on the little seed, it was really cold in that room, it was probably buried half a foot deep and it was in crappy b&q soil so I decided to leave it and try to germ the other two in the mean time.

Even though it took so long for my cheese seed to pop I felt it was the temperature rather than the method so I used the same method on the two new recruits.

It was Saturday morning and there was no action with either the seeds or in the pot so I decided to go to a local grow shop/charity shop and get my diy on.

I picked up everything in my list except the Thermo Hygrometer and the fan which was a later addition.

I set up the closet by taking the doors and all the fittings off then covering the sides,top,bottom and back of doors in Mylar, I didn't have enough left for the back of the closet I'll have to grab more on my next trip. I then fixed the CFL socket to the middle of the top shelf and ran the cable through the shelf into a double socket I have wired up there.

I left the pot under the light over night and the seeds in a tub on the top shelf in the hopes that the heat from the light will speed up the germination. When I checked on them in the morning the Cheese in the pot had sprouted and the two seeds had popped!! totally humping my two plant max rule but I was chuffed and figured they probably all wont make it so might aswell carry on.

IMG_018529.JPG

I didn't want to plant the two new ones in the same non purpose soil and pot so I went to the grow shop again and picked up the two air pots and CANNA Coco Pro.

IMG_019634.JPG

I had the three pots in the closet and everything seemed okay although I was worried about the heat build up in the closet.... really worried it kept me up a few nights coming through constantly to check everything was alright and nothing had burst into flames, I think it was on the second or third day after the Cheese had sprouted I came through and She looked in a terrible way

IMG_018138.JPG

After seeing this I found a small fan and put it in right away only problem is i now have to have one of the doors cracked to vent the heat, not a big problem just now ill take care of it in the future after fitting the fan she looked much better. It was after this that i also picked up my Thermometer/Humidity Sensor, i don't know what the heat in the closet was before the fan but I'm sure it was >30

IMG_018929.JPG

subbed.

One thing I noticed with my auto grow is that when something goes wrong you don't have the luxury of adding another week to veg. Once that seed gets wet that plant is on a timer.

Good luck and +rep

Thanks alot WyldeChylde I think ill need that qood luck :p, they have actually been growing for a little longer than what i have uploaded so far, I've been taking pics all along but I'm just getting to post it now, I've been trying to do it from memory so its a complete grow journal, I'm gonna test my waters ph then upload the rest, thanks for the sub

So I checked my tap water ph last night, I'm wondering if anyone else has used a similar kit because the yellow colour that I ended up with seemed to be the colour of the original solution diluted with the water I'm not sure it's an actual measurement.

image8029.jpg

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom