Caution: What's in your rolling papers?

Thank you for making a post about this study and sharing the information with others here. Never was fond of using a pipe and have always preferred a joint instead. I am much more worried about contaminants in our municipal supplied drinking water and vegetables and fruit that we purchase in the market as well as contaminants in grain such as corn, wheat and rice.

There is two small factories in my area and they have been blamed for tainting the aquifer with pfoas as far as 10 miles from the factory, and I find this much more disturbing.

Thank you for making a post about this study and sharing the information with others here. Never was fond of using a pipe and have always preferred a joint instead. I am much more worried about contaminants in our municipal supplied drinking water and vegetables and fruit that we purchase in the market as well as contaminants in grain such as corn, wheat and rice.

There is two small factories in my area and they have been blamed for tainting the aquifer with pfoas as far as 10 miles from the factory, and I find this much more disturbing.
I just want as many people as possible to be aware of this.

We try to keep our grows as clean as possible. I honestly never put much thought into papers. I assumed that they were safe.
It negates all the hard work that we put into our meds.

Came across that video by watching another video about Raw papers and litigation.

It is surprising how heavy metals are ending up everywhere at levels higher than what was naturally found as short as a century ago.

While there is some heavy metals in rolling papers it is nothing compared to the amounts of plastics already in our food chain and water supplies. Check out microplastics and then nanoplastics.

Plastic does not decompose back to its original carbon chains, etc. It just breaks up into smaller and small pieces of plastic. Several years ago I came across the issue of microplastics (about .5 mm or smaller in size) which are still large enough that they can still be seen. The major source of these small pieces of plastic is in water and often comes from the manufacture of the plastic water bottles that are used when selling the "pure spring waters" in every supermarket and corner gas station.

Then last year I came across the discussion of nanoplastics; pieces of plastic even smaller than what can be seen with the naked eye or by using basic microscopes. These particles are so small that they are being found in human blood. The big worry is that the smallest of nanoplastics will be able to penetrate cell walls. The researchers are already finding nanoplastics in vegetables.

Plastics just getting smaller and smaller but never decomposing. Plus the plastics drying out as the solvents evaporate into the air or mix with the waters.

As the movie The Graduate foretold 55 years ago there is one word "Plastics" which was followed by the ever so true quote "The future is Plastics.".

You see that wax worms can digest plastic ?
They have two enzymes that can break it down within hours.

Won't do any good for the nanoplasics in blood though.

I also saw that plastic fishing nets are melting on Brazilian beaches making plastic concretions.

Dow Chemical....destroying the world for profit.

You see that wax worms can digest plastic ?
They have two enzymes that can break it down within hours.

Won't do any good for the nanoplasics in blood though.

I also saw that plastic fishing nets are melting on Brazilian beaches making plastic concretions.

Dow Chemical....destroying the world for profit.
Still need more testing on the wax worms. That option might not be as helpful as they were first thinking since it has not been mentioned all that often after the initial release. The enzymes show promise with being able to either getting the enzymes to the plastic or figure out how to get the plastics back and get them to the enzymes.

Floating around in the blood stream is bad enough. Even worse is if they start to find the nanoplastics in the blood cells themselves.

Back
Top Bottom