CFL Light Tutorial

OMG I think I understand now. I have tools just don't know how to use them hehe. I love tools. I am now wondering since you are using pvc why aren't you running the wires inside for safety or is that just stupid?

I think with you explanation I might really be able to do this or at least try. I can make it in bed so that makes stuff easier.

Thanks You very much skin

OMG I think I understand now. I have tools just don't know how to use them hehe. I love tools. I am now wondering since you are using pvc why aren't you running the wires inside for safety or is that just stupid?

I think with you explanation I might really be able to do this or at least try. I can make it in bed so that makes stuff easier.

Thanks You very much skin

You could run it in the pvc, but I change things around to much, so don't need to do that extra step. running it in the pvc would only look better. the wires are safe, the back where the wires attach is what would bite u. I wired 3 together with no pvc and had them just sitting upright on top of my res, under my plants for a while, might be easy for u to do it that way

I think I am going to wire one or two and put it on my bucket for next grow. Did you use 23 or 42 watts on the top of the bucket?

I thought the 42s might be too hot on the tank since they are so close to the plants.

Just as a side funny note. When I used to screw in wires I must have always put them facing the wrong way since I had to hold them under the screw. I never realized to put them the other way. It must be because I am a lefty. You have shed light on my oldest problem.

nothing wrong with the 48 watters, after this grow i will be upgrading my lights. time to try something new and see if i can reproduce the sun indoors lol. parts are in hand, just need to find the new hoods i want to use or start building them

well, no theres not a lot wrong with them, they are quite bright...

but even if i get a 4 pack for 10 bucks of 24 watters, thats still 5 bucks for 48 watts in 2 bulbs.

At the moment, I'm paying 30 a bulb..

1 more grow and im wiring up one of those and filling it with 24 watters.

I think i paid 5.60 a bulb anyway so - Im running 231 watts of CFL at the moment =

231/24 = 13 bulbs.

That is a lot of bulbs when i look at my 3, but i paid 70 + 30 + 30 = 130 bucks for the bulbs.

13*5.60 = $73 plus the wiring etc. I could hook up some 2 way sockets and make it 6 or 7 wires in a line.

decisions decisions....

I think its more important that I get my next grow yielding a decent weight and mite free before i get all fancy with lights.

nothing wrong with the 48 watters, after this grow i will be upgrading my lights. time to try something new and see if i can reproduce the sun indoors lol. parts are in hand, just need to find the new hoods i want to use or start building them

Check out the great hood at the beginning this tutorial. It is an awesome design that you can do easily. I would love to but it is too hard for me.

Roseman....should have found your post sooner on brown algae.

Everyone new to growing.....please go and find any post by roseman on Brown Algae.

It is no joke. Not even a little. Not even the thought. Should have found and followed his post exactly. If I had I would not have been pulling wet nasty threads of brown angel hair pasta roots from the bottom of my plants.

And half way into the flowing....nothing I could do but buy bleach, h202, save the little ones....and spend, no lie almost a week, cleaning and scrubbing, and not staring at the uv light I rigged up for $40.00 will tell that later. every piece of pipe, every air line...etc. and a little prevention could have saved it all.

Scrubbing your rocks and balls is no way to enjoy a grow. More later....gotta clean

origamijoint, issues suck...as roseman says be prepared. Well in full it is if you fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

Good luck on your cleaning.

Green007, alien8 and others.

Thanks for the love.

Yup...I thought I was smart until I realized I wasn't. Failure is good. Teaches. The hard way. So I call it tuition for life.

Anyway...the positive.....My hands and rags have NEVER been cleaner. I thank the powers that be that I cut a large batch of clones two weeks ago, AND most important... I gained much respect for the ability of this plant to grow under the most extreme conditions.

And I will get to post my 40.00 UV light set up. Crazy simple. I am sure someone will take the idea and run with it around here.....and I am all about that.

Really really needed the love.

Roseman....should have found your post sooner on brown algae.

Everyone new to growing.....please go and find any post by roseman on Brown Algae.

It is no joke. Not even a little. Not even the thought. Should have found and followed his post exactly. If I had I would not have been pulling wet nasty threads of brown angel hair pasta roots from the bottom of my plants.

And half way into the flowing....nothing I could do but buy bleach, h202, save the little ones....and spend, no lie almost a week, cleaning and scrubbing, and not staring at the uv light I rigged up for $40.00 will tell that later. every piece of pipe, every air line...etc. and a little prevention could have saved it all.

Scrubbing your rocks and balls is no way to enjoy a grow. More later....gotta clean

but "this too shall pass" and YOU ARE A MAN WITH DETERMINATION, and the day will arrive when you are sitting comfortable, smoking your own home grown, smiling and saying I EARNED THIS, I WORKED HARD FOR IT AND IT SURE IS WORTH IT!

What an awesome breakdown of how to use CFL lighting efficiently.
THANK YOU for sharing! ~Minus :)

Back
Top Bottom