Changing Hydroponic Water

gorillamotorss

I am beginning to experiment with hydroponics. My main water supply reservoir is 27 gallons and is black all around. It is chlorine free, tested the EC before and after I add the nutrients, and ph balance it to 5.8.

My question is do I need to change the entire 27 gallon reservoir out with new water and nutrients or can I just take a new EC count add the nutrients and ph balance it again to 5.8 IF there is NO algae or foul odor? I am under the assumption that I DO NOT have to replace the entire water supply.

I am beginning to experiment with hydroponics. My main water supply reservoir is 27 gallons and is black all around. It is chlorine free, tested the EC before and after I add the nutrients, and ph balance it to 5.8.

My question is do I need to change the entire 27 gallon reservoir out with new water and nutrients or can I just take a new EC count add the nutrients and ph balance it again to 5.8 IF there is NO algae or foul odor? I am under the assumption that I DO NOT have to replace the entire water supply.
What kind of hydro? DWC,Drip?

Maybe I asked the question wrong but I want to know if I have to replace the entire reservoir (empty the reservoir to ZERO) and then add a brand new water/nutrients solution?

I think I’m misunderstanding something... So it’s an RDWC setup and not a DWC setup correct?... you said it’s a 27 gallon Rez, that to me implies you are running rdwc, or are you growing one plant in a 27 gallon Rez? Lol

Yes. My stupid fingers. It is a RDWC. Getting old is a bitch.

Change it all, or let the rez run down more before changing.

You want a fresh mix, the plants can throw off the npk ratio you initially mixed. When you start doing partial topoffs you can end up way out in left field in a hurry.

I try to run my reservoir as low as possible before I rinse and refill it.

Thanks. That is what I figured would be best. Believe it or not I use this info to grow vegetable and not cannabis. There seems to be a lot more info about growing period in cannabis forums.

Back
Top Bottom