Charly's 4th Grow - G13 Haze Soctober 2011

Been trying to get in shape by jogging. Not easy! A few times I've just gotten something to eat and crawled into bed.

VMan
Hi gewähren ihnen alte raucher!

Io amo concedere all'uomo!

The online translater works both ways, man! Very clever translation of the verb "to grant".

Vannelle:
Can I as .... "little people" ....still be subbed to this thread?

You're welcome to join the adoring crowds. Just remember, no shoving and no autographs!

Live:
Ladies are looking good, ggrant! Will you lst?

Already have tied down Big Clone and will probably start to top regularly as well to keep the height down.

I've been moving a few things around the veg and flower rooms.

Here are some pictures of what's going on.

Flower Room

NewCropc.jpg

I'm giving one of the clones to a friend and I'm going to veg the little one a while longer along with the new clones.

Veg Room

NewClonesb.jpg

The clones were started about 16 days ago and I think they've all rooted. I started with five , but one didn't make it. This is much better than my last try at clones where it took over six weeks to root two of them and ten weeks to root the third!

Hi ggrant,

I'm Raamses and I'm from Middle east I've been trying to grow MJ for about 2 weeks now, i had some seeds from past smokings and i tried them out to see if some of them will grow, well i succeeded in 3 of them, All of them grew to be little plants but it seems they stoped growing and one of them seems like he's going to die ( which makes me very sad) i want to save them.

I don't have a setup, im growing them near a big window with lots of light ( here we have a sunny country).

Now i saw through my first mistake that i planted them in a dense soil which probably didn't allow for the roots to grow properly so i replaced that in the hope of making them grow again.

The soil im using is part gravel( i think) part coconut and part red soil i hope it will be ok for a start, i have a PH meter and i always check light and how damp the soil is only when it's pretty dry i'm giving them more water.

MJ is illegal here so i'm really hoping i get this right and make it work cause i don't want to buy MJ and cross path with the law, MJ is very helpful with my migranes so i kinda need it to work.

I've ALL of your journal and it help me decide on replacing soil and im going to buy some nutrients but is there anything else i can do to get them to grow?

every bit of help you'll give me will be VERY appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Ram.

PS this is probably not the correct place to do this, and i don't want to infest your journal but i tried to send you a private message but rules prevent it.

Also wanted to mention your ladies are amazing i would be happy with half what you got, hell i'll be happy if my plants turn out being ladies also or just grow :D

Now i saw through my first mistake that i planted them in a dense soil which probably didn't allow for the roots to grow properly so i replaced that in the hope of making them grow again.

The soil im using is part gravel( i think) part coconut and part red soil i hope it will be ok for a start, i have a PH meter and i always check light and how damp the soil is only when it's pretty dry i'm giving them more water.

Yes, Raamses, it was probably the soil! The red clay is a killer. Anything that compacts is bad for your plants. When you said part coconut, did you mean coco coir? If so, you can use it just as it is. There's no need to add anything else, unless you want to make the soil even lighter. When you said gravel, is it real gravel, like they use on roads, or is it something like perlite or vermiculite. If it isn't and you want to add something, use one of those. It's usually easy to find in garden centers or other places that sell soils.

If you have a proper soil, then the next thing is to find proper nutrients. If you can't find or order the nutrients for marijuana, get fertilizers that are for fruiting plants like tomatoes or peppers.

Marijuana buds are the "fruits" of the MJ plant and have similar requirements to tomatoes and peppers.

There are usually two types of fertilizers that you need: one for vegetation and one for flowering.

The vegetative fertilizer has more nitrogen, which helps promote leafy growth.

The flowering fertilizer has more phosphorus and potassium, which promotes the development of flowers.

If you can't find two different fertilizers, don't worry. Just get one that is good for tomatoes and peppers. Even is it's more suited towards flowering rather than vegetation, that's OK. A flowering fertilizer can be used for vegetation.

You can also buy fertilizer for orchids. Another member asked me if he could use orchid fertilizer for his plants. I did a conversion and, if you use it according to its directions, it's almost exactly the same as most MJ fertilizers. If you go this route, remember to use it according to the instructions on the label. Orchid fertilizer is a powder and is ten times more concentrated that most MJ fertilizers.

If you prepare a batch as if it were for orchids, it will be fine for your MJ. This isn't too surprising as orchid fertilizer is designed to stimulate flowering in orchids. Since orchids and MJ are both plants, their needs are similar. While orchid fertilizer isn't perfect, it's pretty good.

Finally, you need VERY bright sunlight for MJ. Indirect sunlight from a window won't do. If it's direct sunlight from a window, that's OK.

Also after your plants have reached a decent height (how big depends on the amount of room you have), you can put them in flower. Most growers vegetate their MJ for at least six weeks, but that's not a hard and fast rule.

In order to get the plants to flower, they need at least 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness. If you have them sittling in a window all day long, they won't get 12 hours of darkness. What you should do is leave them out for 12 hours during the brightest part of the day and then put them somewhere that is totally dark, like a closet. Don't peek! They really need to be kept in total darkness for the entire 12 hours.

As far as watering goes, let the plants dry almost completely out between waterings. You can tell they need to be watered when the pots feel light. Using plastic pots is a good idea because they have almost no weight. Almost all the weight of the pot is due to water in the soil. The plant itself and the roots weigh very little. When my pots are almost dry, I can almost pick up the entire pot with two fingers!

PS this is probably not the correct place to do this, and i don't want to infest your journal but i tried to send you a private message but rules prevent it.

Don't worry about it. I don't mind. I actually enjoy helping new growers out and I spend more time on other people's journals than my own. You should start a journal, too. Include in the title that you're a new grower (something like, "The Pharoah's First Grow - Help much appreciated).

If you have a camera, upload some pictures. You can post them here, or on your journal if you start one. If you do start a journal, let me know so I can give you some advice. If you have your own journal, then the other members on this site can also give you advice. There are some "way serious" growers on this site that are a lot more experienced and knowledgeable than I am.

Good Luck! Let me know how things work out and if you have any more questions, you can post them here.

Wow, it feels like forever since I last posted. The site has been updated and so has the message window.

The reason I've taken so long to update my journal is that I was preparing an epic post, but I ran out of steam. I was waiting until I could finish it before I posted, but that hasn't happened. So, I'm just going to post some updates until I get on a roll again.

The crop just finished its 3rd week of flowering. Here are some pictures.

The Entire Crop

Crop01.jpg

Flowers

Flowers01.jpg

More Flowers

Flowers02.jpg
[/CENTER]

Hi ggrant,

First let me say MANY thanks for helping, i have opened a journal where i find some folks for help but i always happy for more and experience help like you can provide.

I changed all the setup i had from the time i left you the post here, my plants are no longer at my window i moved them to 11 liter pots with a soil mixed with perlite,vermiculite and homos.
Bought Bio-biz grow and flower for nuts and for lighting i currently have two lights of 45W each on my 3 little ones, they seem happier then before, i ordered some led lights that are due in about a week or so then i'll install splitters and add them to the current lighting.

I have a meter that checks if my plants are dry enough and i only water when it says it is dry about 5cm in the soil.
I mix 1tsp Grow nuts in 2 litter water and give it to my ladies.

here's a link to my journal so you can send me some more input, the more the better i like to learn thing and i very much enjoy the growing stuff, i also have mint and cherry tomatoes on my window currently, my wife thinks i went crazy on her :D

Fresh Farmer

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom