ChillAH's 1st BB X White Widow & Royal Queen Critical Grow

Def let us know how it works for you Jess. Don't see how it can hurt, beside making the bud taste better lol. It is interesting to use food coloring to make the bud change color, i have always wondered if there are people who have done this. I do know people do it for taste, typically in the last week with the last watering they will add a scent to make it smell more fruity (strawberry, pineapple, etc).

Whats up 420,

Not much to report the girls are doing their thing, I have given the silver haze an added watering with Grow big for the nitrogen nutes hoping to balance out the issue. Next watering for the critical mass will be plain water until she finishes up.

One odd thing I am noticing now is that the silver haze is showing signs of heat stress but the temp in the tent is 76 degrees with RH at 16%. Does anyone know if I should bump up the RH to add moisture in the air, I don't want to get mold on the buds. The haze must be less tolerant to the heat compared to the critical mass, because she is a LOT closer to the light and seems to be just fine no signs of stress or anything.

Earlier this week I tried a lower bud of the critical mass, popped it in the microwave and sampled it in the vaporizer. Even though it was not flushed and still had nutes in the taste, i could still taste a citrus like taste in the bud, felt upbeat for a bit, then i mellowed out and ended up passing out lol. Not sure if it cause of the bud or cause I was pretty tired after work. I will see when it is time for harvest and curing.

Also got my Cvault to help with the curing, didn't know if the XL bowl was pretty damn small, I think I will end up with more bud than I can fit in the thing, but I wont know until harvest time. If anything I will order one more to help with the amount of bud. I have also been looking at other seeds to get going for my next grow, I will post later some of the strains I have in mind.

Thx John. You and Polo agree it must be nitrogen. I gave the haze some Grow Big since it has higher Nitrogen levels, hoping that should help a bit. I will monitor to see how that helps her. Also your other advice on the flush merits looking into. I don't I have enough time to get those ingredients together for the critical mass but I will just use water since today marks the 6 week mark. According to the breeder it should finish up btwn now and 8 wks. My one question to you and others is I am watching the trichomes on various buds, they are cloudy/milky some still clear but the hairs on the plant are still pretty white. I know a better judge of when the bud is ready is by trichomes but finished pics i see of the strain all have amber hairs nothing white, do I still give her more time to allow the hairs to get darker, or will it darken during the drying/curing phase? Thx in advance fellow toker KJC. :thumb:

If you do not have a flushing agent you can also use pH adjusted water for your harvest flush.Unsulfered molasses is a popular ingredient in many nutrient formulas. Unsulfered molasses can add aroma and a sweeter flavor to your buds and contains many nutrients that are used by cannabis plants. Unsulfered molasses can be used at 1 teaspoon per gallon in vegetative growth and flowering. Unsulfered molasses can be used as a harvest flush at 2 tablespoons per gallon. I would not add molasses to a Aeroponic/Hydroponic system unless it is a part of a Heisenberg Tea.

"Nutritional information

Molasses contains no protein or dietary fibre and close to no fat. Each tablespoon (20 g) contains 58 kcal (240 kJ), 14.95 g of carbohydrates, and 11.1 g of sugar divided among

Sucrose: 5.88 g
Glucose: 2.38 g
Fructose: 2.56 g

Important minerals

Minerals in Meridian/Organic/Pure blackstrap - per 100 g (equivalent to 5 tablespoons):

Calcium: 400 mg (50% RDA)
Iron: 13 mg (95% RDA)
Magnesium: 300 mg (38% RDA)"

https://en.wikipedia.org Molasses

Another way to judge when to harvest is to harvest your buds when 85% of the white pistils have turned red/brown and withered.

One odd thing I am noticing now is that the silver haze is showing signs of heat stress but the temp in the tent is 76 degrees with RH at 16%. Does anyone know if I should bump up the RH to add moisture in the air, I don't want to get mold on the buds. The haze must be less tolerant to the heat compared to the critical mass, because she is a LOT closer to the light and seems to be just fine no signs of stress or anything.

You want from 70°-90° Fahrenheit and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flower.

The point I want to emphasize is that your your plant is still growing and maturing until the trichomes begin to turn amber the the cannabinoids begin to degrade. Trichomes start as clear then turn cloudy and finally amber trichomes are the final stage of maturity. This is why I use trichome maturity to harvest my plants as a better indicator of the plants actual stage of growth. I believe for a small investment a 30x jewelers loupe is a necessity to judge when you prefer to harvest your cannabis and influence its medical effects.

I was just in a discussion today with my friendly neighborhood hydro supplier. He showed me some pictures of some trichromes.
You really can't go wrong with harvest other than taking too soon; however, if you want a uplifting high you are meant to harvest when the trichromes are going from clear to cloudy. If you let them all go amber, you will end up with a more couch lock stone.

Well that is his expertise. I bought a 30 x Loupe today and will be monitoring mine over the next few weeks.

You want from 70°-90° Fahrenheit and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flower.

Thx John, I think thats whats wrong inside my tent. Temp is good but my humidity is wayyyy down. Down in the teens highest i could get it up to was 20%. using the a bucket with a cloth hanging out on the side like Antics suggested to me before to increase humidity. For some reason not working as well this time around.

I was just in a discussion today with my friendly neighborhood hydro supplier. He showed me some pictures of some trichromes.
You really can't go wrong with harvest other than taking too soon; however, if you want a uplifting high you are meant to harvest when the trichromes are going from clear to cloudy. If you let them all go amber, you will end up with a more couch lock stone.

Well that is his expertise. I bought a 30 x Loupe today and will be monitoring mine over the next few weeks.

Personally I like uplifting, Couch lock makes me not want to get as much done, and work has really been stressing the hell out of me so I need more uplifting strains. lol

Whats up 420.

Today marks week 8 for my plants. I think my critical mass will be chopped down next weekend. I have my "bootleg" drying box ready to hang the buds in. The silver haze is still giving me some troubles but I think I will be able to fix it, the plant really wants A LOT of nitrogen even though it is going through flower. Last feeding I upped the dose to an extra half dose to see if that helped, looked like it did for a bit but then the plant showed signs of lack of nitrogen some more. So next feeding I will giver her 3/4 of the dosage to help. This plant didnt give me any problems during veg, during flower has been a nightmare. Anyway here are some pics tonight of Roya (Critical Mass) top buds are pretty f'n huge and thick :bigblush: :

IMG_35879.jpg
IMG_35866.jpg

As you guys can see some of the top buds are starting to lean to the side, she isnt a potent smelling plant which is good, but she smells spicy and piney lol if that makes any sense.

I mentioned before I had some strains in mind to get ready for my next grow, so here is what I was thinking : C99 (G13 labs), Northern Light (Nirvana Seeds), Fruit Punch (Heavy weight) 2nd time trying to grow this strain, the first seed never opened for me, Dinafem 6 seed collection (OG Kush, Original Amnesia, Critical Jack Auto). What do you guys think? Suggestions welcomed.

I did also want to ask you guys, what do you do with your sugar leaves? I know everyone cant throw them away when they are coated with THC, that would be a huge waste.

id like to see anyone grow any strain :thumb:
as for sugar leaves
you can do a lot with them
make hash for one oil, butter whatever but youd probably have to use more than if you use buds I would double it compared to buds

Thx John, I think thats whats wrong inside my tent. Temp is good but my humidity is wayyyy down. Down in the teens highest i could get it up to was 20%. using the a bucket with a cloth hanging out on the side like Antics suggested to me before to increase humidity. For some reason not working as well this time around.

You can also boil off several large pots of water to raise the humidity in your building.

I mentioned before I had some strains in mind to get ready for my next grow, so here is what I was thinking : C99 (G13 labs), Northern Light (Nirvana Seeds), Fruit Punch (Heavy weight) 2nd time trying to grow this strain, the first seed never opened for me, Dinafem 6 seed collection (OG Kush, Original Amnesia, Critical Jack Auto). What do you guys think? Suggestions welcomed.

I did also want to ask you guys, what do you do with your sugar leaves? I know everyone cant throw them away when they are coated with THC, that would be a huge waste.

You want to leave as many trichome covered sugar leaves on your buds when you trim them. Fan leaves and sugar leaves can be used to make hashish, cannabis butter, tinctures and other concentrates.

I have a portable washing machine similar to the Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine that I put the trimmings in a mesh bag and place inside the washing machine, I then fill the washing machine with cold water and ice cubes and set it for 2 cycles. I then place my 5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble bags inside of a 5 gallon pail then drain the washing machine through its discharge hose into the bucket. I then remove each bag one at a time as I drain the liquid from the bag. The trichomes are gathered in the bottom of the bags and are removed in different grades and pressed in a pressing screen to remove excess water. I then take my Large Piranha Aluminum Pollen T-Press and press the hashish into convenient sized disks.

Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine

Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine

5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble Bag Kit

https://www.customhydroponic.com 5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble Bag Kit

Large Piranha Aluminum Pollen T-Press

https://www.theothersidevapes.com large piranha aluminum pollen t-press

oh yea you can also juice the leaves and drink it for a health drink
suppose to help asthma and stuff was on one of those vids KJC posted on his page

Wuts up Folks,

Sorry for the late delay but I had been swamped with work, working almost 13-14 hrs a day trying to complete this project. Didn't have a lot of time to care for my plants or provide updates. I have chopped down my critical mass, those buds were getting heavy, many of the branches were leaning. It took a couple of hours for me to trim the plant, i chopped her down at week 8. I dried for a couple days and then threw the buds in my Cvault because I over dried them unfortunately. My whole environment is pretty dry may need to invest in a humidifier next go around. After all is done i got 3.5oz off of my critical mass. I will post the only pic i took before chopping her down soon. My haze on the other hand is giving my a bunch of problems, but she is on her final week so not much I can do except make the best of it, but the whole plant looks to be in pretty bad shape, looks like lack of nitrogen but the leaves were always super dry and I could not find a good solution to help with the humidity. I tried the rag in a bowl of water with a fan blowing over it to help, but it doesn't hold for long. Im actually a little ashamed to show the plant seeing as how polo has a beautiful plant compared to mine lol.

Also is 3.5oz a good amount from a 600W for a noob on his first grow?

Back
Top Bottom