Chinzo's First Grow Journal Deep Water Culture The Ultimate Learning Experince 2016

Chin619SD

Good Evening Fellow 420 Enthusiasts and Growers!

I'm starting my first grow journal ever. My objective of this first Grow Journal will be the ultimate experience for me to learn from my mistakes, hopefully get some good feedback from well experienced growers around the way, and to finally enjoy a hobby that may become a enjoyable job, especially the way this whole legalizing marijuana finally coming around(but this isn't a politic talk- thank god). As for my self, i been reading and studying trying to learn all about growing. I'm 26 right now and I started reading books when i was 15. I started working at 18 (like most of us) but when i started i got lucky with a good job and i was traveling the U.S for 5 years. I had a lot of down time during my travels, so i started reading my books that were given to me from older growers. and when i mean read. I mean READING TONS of books that were given to me from these "oldschoolers" and of course I have access to the internet following --------.org, smokeitup, 420magazine, youtube, and tons of other resources out there. With the amount of time on my hands i made it useful. The books definitely painted a clear pictures and as well as other people grow journals with the amazing pictures. I've sat for hours doing my homework and writing notes. I've participated with friends along the ways seeing their setups mistakes and successes when i was back home if i had the chance. I've been in the scene hanging out in the background but now its finally time and i have the opportunity to do this. Im done traveling now, I'm out of debt with the system, i work a first shift 8 hour job to support my hobby and a new nice closet to put a 4'x4'x6' Grow tent inside.so enough of my biography lets get to the equipment. I chose Hydroponic Deep Water Culture. My closet ambient temperature is always between 68 to 81 degrees, which is the reason i went LED so i would not have Temp issues, and of course the Electric Bill being low helps my wallet out as well. I also live in a dry climate so i also will be running a small humidifier. I definitely will take any feed back when its comes to my Grow light and Grow tent specs. I'm starting off with 4 seeds only i can get more but i don't want to go to far into details with where and how just for protection of the source so I only have two that I'm germinating with. Now that I'm prepped, i think I'm ready, So here we go:

The Closet Dimension: 6.5' x 6.5' x 8' Overall:

-Grow tent: GrowLab Horticultural Grow Room 120 3'11'' x 3'11'' x 6'7''

-Light: KIND K3 300 Watt LED Grow Light ( Read the Rules and Regulation and i don't think I'm promoting or sponsoring but guess we'll see)

- 2x - Current Culture Under Current Solo 13 Gallon Totes:

- Nutrients Will be General Hydroponics Floragro, Floramicro, and Florabloom as well as Floradou Part A and B

- Ventilation: Gale Force 4" Inline Fan, 182 CFM with a Phresh Filter 4" x 12", 200 CFM

- Seeds: Unknown; I wont lie, i will be shooting in the dark, but hey its the experience I'm looking for as well as how Fun i think this is really going to be. It just gonna suck if they come out to be males, but i got a back up for that and that will include on the next journal i plan to make. but lets hope for the best =-).

- Other: PPM and Ph meters, Ph Up Ph Down all the necessities for the grow op.

11/15/2016 " Germination": All four became successful but ended up only using 2. =-( I did extra just in case these unknowns were duds. But knowing my luck, if i were to do only 2 the final results: 2 out of 2 would of been duds. But since i did 4 they happen to be all good. So with that being said I germinated these seeds with Tap water and using the paper towel method. I wish i had pictures during this process, but i still had an Iphone 4 with a cracked screen and camera so when i receive my new phone in a week I most definitely post pictures here soon. But the seeds were healthy with a good 2 inch Tap root. I pushed it few more days to hope to have better results or Longer Tap Roots.

Phone Came in:
Pics of the setup...Sort of i guess. i suck at taking pictures. Definitely need to get better.
Photo_Nov_27_12_15_24_PM.jpg
Photo_Nov_27_12_13_59_PM_1_.jpg
Photo_Nov_27_12_13_48_PM.jpg
Photo_Nov_27_12_13_36_PM.jpg
Photo_Nov_27_12_11_21_PM.jpg
Photo_Nov_27_12_13_22_PM.jpg
Photo_Nov_27_12_12_20_PM.jpg

11/21/2016: So after a few days these babies were ready to go into their permanent home. I see that the Roots are Protruding through the medium and I'm thinking i might have to transplant here soon. so im going to buy me some 4" medium Rockwools here in a few days get them soaking in water @ Ph levels of 5.8 . Im starting to realize my Tap water PPM levels are high. My Tap water runs around 450 PPM. Terrible, i might have to invest in RO water. But I'm not adding Nutes yet so I'm hoping ill be fine. but i have a feeling i might be shooting myself in the foot. I've been eyeing a Hydro-logic RO Filter System around $250.00 and Getting some Cal/Mag with it.
Grow Setup Environment Conditions
Temp: 71 - 79 Degrees through out the day
Humidity: 65-75%
Ph Level: 5.8 - 6.1
PPM: 450-600

Photo_Nov_28_5_02_13_PM.jpg
Photo_Nov_28_5_02_09_PM_1_.jpg

11/29/2016: Plants have been transplanted into 4" Grow Medium Rockwool. The Leaves have some droop, the medium are little dry so i need to water my babies a little more. I was afraid to add the a water pump in the reservoir to pump water into the mediums because I was afraid it would over water them, but it seemed i might have underestimated that. I'm juggling my 8 hour job and doing this when I'm off. but so far they have a good look to them. I still beating my self up about this PPM issue with my Tap Water. I'm About to pull the trigger but i cant get them until next week. I found what RO system I'm going to buy on amazon with prime so shipping wont be too long. but i haven't used any Nutes yet because of my PPM and issue. I also barely did my first flush keeping my water Ph levels at 5.9 - 6.1.
Grow Setup Environment Conditions
Temp: 71 - 79 Degrees through out the day
Humidity: 65-75%
Ph Level: 5.8 - 6.1
PPM: 450-600

Photo_Dec_03_11_49_29_PM.jpg
Photo_Dec_03_11_49_37_PM.jpg
Photo_Dec_03_11_48_58_PM.jpg
Photo_Dec_03_11_49_18_PM.jpg
Photo_Dec_03_4_17_51_PM.jpg

Its now 12/4/16: So as of right now, they seem to be healthy. I'm getting the RO Tomorrow on order, I'm still using tap water with no Nutes, still to scared to throw some in there. I definitely going to take more pictures here coming up to show any results on the water issue I'm having. as well as securing my paranoia about adding nutrients.

Keep you guys posted, Happy Growing and Smoking =-)

Re: Chinzo's First Grow Journal Deep Water Culture The Ultimate Learning Experince 20

Ill be honored to be the first guest. As it looks, we have similar setups I'm just in a 2x2 and a mars 300 (130~w) plus two cfl 72 watts. Also using cana coco a&b for nutes. I am using tap water but my ppm is 120 so not investing in an RO system.

I do have some questions. The one outside the bucket seems to be lagging behind, why not put it in the bucket as well until you see who's the better pick? I know its a random seed and believe me my first babies were randoms (they are still growing lol one male and one female) Im gonna let them do their thing but I did order some fem seeds from nirvana & fatman. Blueberry kush and Mazar. Definitely worth investing in genetics for future grows.

Im gonna let my babies do their thing for now just cause their roots are already intertwined, something that you can avoid i just didn't but you never know if the one that's in the bucket will become male so might as well give both the same chance/setup.

I also suffered from root rot but invested in hydroguard and it was a white roots everywhere after that.

My blueberry is maybe a week or so behind your current one so ill post some pics up on my grow thread. Ill edit and link it here when i do.

Cheers! First grows are awesome best of luck to yours !

Re: Chinzo's First Grow Journal Deep Water Culture The Ultimate Learning Experince 20

I hear you about work. Taking care of the plants at night feels like a second job sometimes. lol.

Good luck on your grow. Why didn't you wait until you got the RO system? ;)

I'm just starting my grow. Never done a system like this. . If you don't mind. Ill take a seat, watch and learn a few things from you.

Sent from my SPH-L600 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey Guys, I definitely Appreciate the mad love and support!:thanks: !!!

Bear with me a little, im going to try to answer everyones questions here in one nice "flowy" Paragraph way :)

Pretty much got done doing my usually check and maintenance for the babies right now, I got some good updates on the plants. Plant 1 still a little under stress with droopy leaves (pics down at bottom) from the lack of water recently , should come back here in a few days. Good news too i definitely bought me a Hydro-logic Stealth RO 200 with some more syringes for nutes with amazon prime so ill have R/O install with new fresh water so i can start adding the correct nutes. Ill post pics of this install just in case anyone was curious how it looked. Also when i had purchase the whole all of my equipment, i didn't have a whole a lot of time to keep researching all the products. I always look into a product before i buy it but i spend i think a little bit more time then i should, which distracts me from remembering all the equipment i need. Reverse Osmosis happens to be one of them, and my babies are paying for it. Of course before i started i knew but i figure after the germination period i should have enough funds to make the purchase. Which i did, but i know they suffered a little. So lack of money is pretty much the reason why I didn't have R/O water in the beginning and having a stoney mind :tokin: lol. So don't do the same as me guys if your planning yourself a hydroponic system, it may do more damage then what you'll see in my photos. Anyway The two plants you see down below are the ones I only have now. They are exactly setup the same, The plant you guys saw out side the bucket was given away to survive to a friend who wanted to start his own too. I didn't have enough buckets to continue those, I'd wish I did though knowing how healthy those seeds sprouted. I bought some seeds and they are on the way. They claim to be females from an well known seed bank, but I always have my doubts when it comes to buying seeds online. If you guys got any that send out to US location HMU on the low about it :thumb: . My plan is to see if i can get one female out of the two i start already, so i can continue the grow experiment. I will also start germinating the female seeds that i mentioned earlier as a back up a week or two prior to finding out if these two plants are Males or not. I got a hydro store down the street ill pick some hydro guard on the way home on Wednesday when my R/O comes in. I heard tons of good reviews on that product as well :bravo: .

So This is Plant 1: Little droopy but i got more leaves starting to come. I just want that RO water already lol.
Photo_Dec_05_6_33_30_PM.jpg

Photo_Dec_05_6_33_36_PM.jpg
Photo_Dec_05_6_33_51_PM.jpg
Photo_Dec_05_6_34_48_PM.jpg

Plant 2: Looking really good. This one is a Tad Taller then plant 1 but not by much. Pretty even.
Photo_Dec_05_6_34_57_PM.jpg
Photo_Dec_05_6_35_08_PM.jpg
Photo_Dec_05_6_35_16_PM.jpg

Also:
hydrologic_31040_01.jpg

Pretty Stoked.

Well to summarized the night, i wanna appreciate the subs guys! Flinhydro I'm looking forward to your grow thread, i definitely will sub up and most def. on that hydro guard! Any questions or feed back I'm always open minded.
Thanks guys!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom