Chubbz Is Back 3k Watt Hybrid Hydroponic, RDWC Drip System

chubbzfat

Ok guys first and foremost let me apologize to everyone about my last thread the last house i lived in burned to the ground and i lost everything. Took a long while to purchase everything back and build my new room. Hopefully this time i will not have any unexpected surprises and can actually finish the grow.

So anyway i have built a nice little room 10x10 foot with 10 foot ceilings

So this is what i got

Strains are: Og KUSH3, And a 1990's pure indica called White Gold

The og is a 80% indica/20% sativa with a 20.85% thc content
The White Gold is 100% pure indica and has a 18-19% thc content

These are already in the system so this grow will be from the get go minus the build which is still being touched up as i go

My system is custom built made from 3 and 5 gallon pails better seen then described

during my veg i plan to keep the room at or between 78-82 with a RH of 65

and during flower i plan to drop the humidity down as far as possible without stress

plans are to keep my ph between 5.4 to 6.2 seems these two strains do very well in this range

the system uses a RDWC and a drip system

and im using botanicares full lineup and a few crop boosters that i have stumbled across for free

:welcome: :thankyou;,:goodluck:

re: Chubbz Is Back 3k Watt Hybrid Hydroponic - RDWC - Drip Sytem

ok ladies and gents here are a few pics to get the ball rolling
100_08057.JPG

this is the basic layout of the room

these pics are of the individual plants themselves the first 5 being of the OG K3 and the last 8 being the White Gold
100_07927.JPG
100_07945.JPG
100_07878.JPG
100_07824.JPG
100_07866.JPG
100_07937.JPG
100_07918.JPG
100_07908.JPG
100_07896.JPG
100_07887.JPG
100_07878.JPG
100_07854.JPG
100_07833.JPG
As you can see some of them are stressing a little from the recent multiple transplants (Multiple Transplants explained a little later)

100_07803.JPG
As you can see from the photos attached below you can see some of the equipment being used and ill fill you in on the rest of whats not seen as you can see from the photo i am using 1-8" raptor and two hydro farm 6" air cooled hoods directly connected to each other along with 4-4' t5 54w high output lamps directly monted on my hoods and 11-26W 6400k cfl as supplemental lights hanging below till i can afford a new set of bulbs
100_08057.JPG
the Hid's are on their own circuit and contoller
100_08077.JPG
and the blowers are on thermostatic controls
100_08086.JPG
the temps are starting to get close to where they need to be but i think im gonna need to ad a humidifier till i see some growth in the room seems the humidity just wont stay where it needs to be and last but not least my ph and reservoir and as you can see the controller is not in site but just to the right
100_07975.JPG
100_07986.JPG

these are some of the pics of the ventilation
100_07954.JPG
100_07963.JPG
and some of the plumbing its all temporary till the end of the grow when i can afford to hard line the plumbing and set it up right
100_08025.JPG
100_08016.JPG
100_08009.JPG
100_08037.JPG
100_07997.JPG

there is a active aqua 450lph water pump feeding the system and an active air 70lpm air pump pushing a 2 inch stone in each of the buckets and 2 more in the reservoir and 2 in the controller (hope its enough air suggestions taken and appreciated) there is a 6 inch booster fan for cold air intake with a dust shroom on it to prevent any contaminates 2 16" active air oscillating fans for circulation and a 18" wall mount to many other little things hear and there (timers and such) and blue lan pens for ppm and ph

This system was designed to incorporate the use of ready grow but after several failed attemps to use it without plugging the emitters pumps and recirculation lines the idea was tossed out the window till further notice. after the failed coco i tried switching to a 4 inch rockwool cube and when i put them in i had serious issues with ph fluctuation (5.5-7.2 7.3 in 24 Hrs) and after i got pissed and decided not to use them the plants were again transplanted back into the system with just hydroton and have been that way for about a week. the reason i wanted to use this system was so i could incorporate the use of a product i hope some of you are familiar with called great white (would like some opinions for other users if any) and i would also like to know if i can still use this product even tough it has nothing to really live in but a few growers i talked to said they still use it with just hydroton so i would like a little feed back if at all possible

Ok i may have run across a little problem with the ph fluctuation after checking the entire system (meaning every bucket and the resevoir in about 5 hours im up from 5.5 to 5.9 already thought it was other things that were causing the issue but it seems that i still have a ph problem in previous grows i never had this problem anyone with any insight with what my issue may be please feel free to contribute at anytime dont know how much stress i can put my plants through this early and any suggestions on a chemical fert program instead of the botanicare line which is where most of my problems started would be appreciated unless someone could give me insight on their use and betterment of botanicares line i like their results but if im gonna keep having issues im going to look into other nutrient lines
thank you for you input in advance

First signs of my babies liking there new surroundings about 60hrs in the new system starting to show roots through the net pots this morning and i think the ph is starting to stabilize itself according to a few local growers my ph fluctuation may have been a result of using the great white this early before there was a decent amount of root growth be a few more days before i know if they all will make it or if a few are going to have to be replaced by clones or what im going to have to do but here are a few pics of the roots starting to pop through
100_08147.JPG
100_08139.JPG
100_08127.JPG
100_08116.JPG
100_081010.JPG
100_08097.JPG

thanks juicy its nice to see someone takes a little time to look at the setup rather then just the plants in it. props on the table you made what and the box you build for your fan was a great idea too. Although i am very appreciative of your observation im far from done in there hang around and see how it turns out got a little surprise lurking for everyone when it gets close to flowering time (a liitle addition to the room so there is no wasted light)

ok guys took these pics yesterday which is an additional 48 hours in the system so all together from the time it was started this would be the end of the second week but since i have transplanted them so often trying to get the system to work right they have only been in this system for what is now the 6th day i think they are showing an awesome improvement from 6 days ago they are gaining all there color back and the roots are really popping through the baskets now and a few of them grew about 6 inches over the past 6 days so i am quite satisfied with the way its working out checked the ph again and it is under control now it only ranges from 5.5 to 5.9 over the last 48 hours so im really happy to see thats under control and everything is doing well so far
100_08264.JPG
100_08259.JPG
100_08246.JPG
100_08235.JPG
100_08225.JPG
100_08218.JPG
100_08205.JPG
100_08195.JPG
100_08187.JPG
100_08293.JPG
100_08286.JPG
100_08275.JPG

hope you guys like the pics cause there isnt really much to report on right now

any questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions are appreciated and welcomed. will try and keep everyone in the loop and hopefully nobody gets left out for the time being i must catch up with a few peoples journals and see what they are doing as of lately

got a new addition to the garden today thanks to a friend and best of all it was free and with a good wash and filled with ro water we shoulda been ready to rock and roll but lets see if anybody is really looking and can find my noob mistake (HINT: Look really close at the pics)
100_0832-001.JPG
100_0831-001.JPG
100_0830-001.JPG

thanks for the props bob is it alright to call you bob or you gonna pull off the shades and pull some teacup out and whack me lol love the location thanks for stoppin by and please feel free to stop back and check up anytime ill be checkin out your grow shortly

Hey man great setup, I can tell alot of money and time went into it. And i'm super sorry to hear that you lost everything in a fire that's crazy sad I would be devastated. I'm subbed and watching, I don't know hydro but it all looks good ( I couldn't see your mistake)

Keep it up, can't wait to see these babies flower.

Right you are lotta time and money and a little passion when its all done it will be be sweet still building got a nice little surprise coming for everyone when they are ready to flip gonna maximize my light and see what i get per watt hang around and see. i cant wait to see them bud but im pretty sure my credit card company really wants to see them bud LOL.

oh and the mistake i made with the new drum if you look at the first pic its the water level, the second pic is of the tank sitting on its shelf, and the third is of the reservoir the old controller tote which was replaced by the 55 gallon drum. which controller is the hose plugged into.

Back
Top Bottom