Chubbz Is Back 3k Watt Hybrid Hydroponic, RDWC Drip System

re: Chubbz Is Back 3k Watt Hybrid Hydroponic - RDWC - Drip Sytem

but ill make up for that little mistake with my "money maker technique" never seen anyone do it before but it might already have been done by someone else. but next sunday when i change the reservoir out and the nutes are changed ill show everyone this technique and once it is revealed you will be jealous all of you lol just jokin but it seriously changes the outcome in my yeild in this particular setup, im not sure how it would work in other sytems but in my setup i seen a 19% increase in yield on the first try and 23% on second lets see just how much it helps this time got you interested yet if so stop back and check it out sunday and watch as the week progresses you will be amazed i was and it happened by mistake. (i will explain that mistake when i get a little more time)

ok ladies and gents gave my ladies their first hair cut and a light foliar feed with 3ml of liquid karma to give them a little kick start. And here is a little preview of my light maximizing setup i plan to use when its time to flower you have to check it out when it is completly setup and the temps are lokking good but my humidity is still a little low gonna add a humidifier until they are sweating enough to keep my humidity up where i want it. give another update after its setup
100_08408.JPG
100_0833-001.JPG
100_0834-001.JPG
100_08387.JPG
100_08398.JPG

Hello to all

Not sure if your even looking and if you are if you even care. I have spent the last 9 hours reading journals, hearing people voice there opinion (defoliate or not to defoliate) and many numerous other techniques, tips, tricks and does and donts. When i built this room i planned on doing something big with it and testing all new things and different setups. I see now that i can show you my opinion on defoliation and a have a side by side run with heavy defoliation and my normal defoliation because no defoliation IMHO is plain wasteful along with testing a new growing technique i stumbled across in my last grow im far from a professional and this is only my second indoor grow so im sure it will be interesting so along the way i hope to get some knowledge from a few heavy defoliators (you all know who you are) so expect to see me shootin you all messages over the next few weeks as there is some serious inquiry needed to pull this off and with some insight im sure this is going to be an interesting grow for me at least but for now im gonna let this the sponge rest up a little its hurtin a bit from the shear knowledge i have fallin upon hear, its amazing how much i have to learn i want to thank everyone for all the ideas and the chance to learn more

I'm watching bro. I'm not on your level with hydro only soil and I've only had 3 of those. I heavy defoliate during veg then on day 21 & 45 of flower. Either way I love the setup, keep it rocking.

Thank you blazin nice to get a pick me up here and there if you dont mind id like to ask a few questions along the way as to your technique on defoliation if you dont mind me picking your brain

Hey chubs nice setup lad!
Defo along for this one. As for the great white I've used it the couple years
It's great stuff but I like to grow it first and then add it to the Rez!
I grow the way you do and I notticsed that the great white tends to just stick to the inside of the pot
Rather than the roots so if u do it first then add it it stiks to the roots first before getting the chance to stik to the pots
Give it a try you will find it a lot better that way! All the best with the rest....peace..

Looking good mate, I'm subbed. Looks like you have put a lot of time and thought into this grow. Please tell me you never lost the house due to a previous grow problem :oops:

Greatful to see a few people tagging along starting to make it worthwhile now thanks for the props on the prep work herb and as for the great white as soon as the roots popped through the net pot you could see a real difference with the use of the great white.

good to here your that far along with the girls jon will definatly be stopping by to check out your techniques if thats not a problem and ill give each the credit where it is due

jolly i did lose the house and everything in it, it was a total lose but it wasnt from the grow my neighbors house caught fire and as it was burning the grill beside their house had a propane bottle explode that sent things into my house and burned it to the ground great for me cause the house sucked but bad for my grow and the insurance company was a real pain trying to get them to pay for my grow setup but i got paid so now im gonna play lol.

Hope everyone enjoys the ride cause its gonna be a roller coaster for me

as soon as the wifey gets home ill run out and take a few pics real quick for ya herb let you see how they are doing with the roots ill also take a few pics of there new haircuts

ok i got some new pics of the roots and maybe a few pics of future problems so i would like to address them now if i could get a little input even if its just a link for me to view but here they are first pics are of the roots after there great white application after 24 hours in the system
100_08505.JPG
100_08494.JPG
100_08475.JPG
100_08437.JPG

these pics are of what i think may become an issue in the future if not taken care of now in the first pic you will see the algae growth which ill just throw some panda paper over the tops of the buckets which is a simple solution to this problem but as for the next pic is where my concern starts this is a first for me i have never seen this before and it may be from the dual arc bulbs (using these because i cant afford another $700 dollars worth of bulbs right now) but it maybe something wrong in the system which needs to be addressed right away if anyone knows what it is or has come across this and has a solution any advice would be appreciated
100_08485.JPG

this is the worst one but 4 of the dozen are starting to show so gotta dig out the plastic
100_08467.JPG

and again this image is of the worst one so if it is something wrong would like to catch it before it gets worse
100_08467.JPG

and last but not least a few from after their topping tomorrow i will install the plastic and start there training but for now its time to take in some meds catch everyone on the flop side

for some reason it showed 2 of the same pics and none of the pics after topping so here they are
100_08446.JPG
100_084210.JPG
100_08517.JPG

as you can see in the last pic here we have a little runt third from the left in the front started showing some roots today through the nets so hopefully in a few days ill see some progression and the 4 in the middle back are the ones showing the leaf discoloration as for the nute burn you see that was from the first week of transplants where they were in and out and the ph was outta whack but until they put some other fan leaves on im gonna leave these for photosynthesis until i see a little more growth

just cut some pieces of panda film with a slit and place them over the hydroton this will get rid of the algea.the medium is wet and the light is hitting it because the plants are still small.as for the defficiency I would ask Xlr8 hes the best for this kind of thing.looks like something i was dealing with last round,it was caused by the wrong feeding chart and ph fluxuations.

Zup m8 :high-five:

How often do you check your ph? Is it stable?
It looks to me like they are showing a deficiency, if you are feeding enough like you probably are. It could be from a lockout due too high or low ph. In the right of the picture there is a rusty dot between a vein, are there many of those small rust dots on the leaves? Thats also an indication on starting ph problems.
The yellowing between veins could indicate ph is too high, and not enough calcium and magnesium is bein absorbed.

Re: Chubbz Is Back 3k Watt Hybrid Hydroponic - RDWC - Drip Sytem

hey juicy that was a concern i had when i first put them into this system they were transplanted 4-5 times in just a short period of time and for the 1st week they had ph problems it was either the way the system was setup or the system itself but for the first week i would set my ph at 5.6 and 24 hours later it would be in the 7.5 to 7.9 range so i removed each of the new components to try and see which was making the problem and until i got it back to just hydroton in the pot i couldnt keep the ph in control but it is much more stable now and as the roots develop more the ph stabilizes even more it now ranges from 5.6 - 5.9 to 6.1 over night and hopefully by weeks end when the resi gets changed over the ph will have been stabilized to where im comfortable with it to leave it go 2 days without being touched and im sure my wife will like it to

Re: Chubbz Is Back 3k Watt Hybrid Hydroponic - RDWC - Drip Sytem

hey juicy that was a concern i had when i first put them into this system they were transplanted 4-5 times in just a short period of time and for the 1st week they had ph problems it was either the way the system was setup or the system itself but for the first week i would set my ph at 5.6 and 24 hours later it would be in the 7.5 to 7.9 range so i removed each of the new components to try and see which was making the problem and until i got it back to just hydroton in the pot i couldnt keep the ph in control but it is much more stable now and as the roots develop more the ph stabilizes even more it now ranges from 5.6 - 5.9 to 6.1 over night and hopefully by weeks end when the resi gets changed over the ph will have been stabilized to where im comfortable with it to leave it go 2 days without being touched and im sure my wife will like it to

Hi Chubbz -

Only have a second, but the PH problems are almost surely to blame. The rising could be caused by light leaks, algae growth... things like that. I wish I had more time right now, but my wife is in bed waiting for me... true story! ;)

If you have PH issues fixed, and run the nutrients at a reduced level for a week or so and ramp up, I think you'll be fine. The damage that's there will never go away, but sometimes PH issues from the past don't show for a few days/week or so. As far as nutrients, I would do something balanced - like transition nutrients for a bit at a 75% level or even slightly less, due to everything they've just been through. Then, start ramping them up in a week or so, perhaps. I'll try to check in again tomorrow if I think of more and when I have more time. That's just my thoughts on how I'd approach it. Sorry for being in such a hurry...

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom