Chubbz Is Back 3k Watt Hybrid Hydroponic, RDWC Drip System

Re: Chubbz Is Back 3k Watt Hybrid Hydroponic - RDWC - Drip Sytem

Thats probably the case then. You should be fine with your ph within that range. But do you keep a spare res, I always use a couple if days to get the ph stable. Example, my tap water is hard. When I adjust down to 5,6 it go 6,5 the day after. Adjusting it again and its more stable. Also what are you using to adjust ph? I find phosphoric acid more stable than nitric.

ok guys here are the pics of the worst leaves i had found and the old growth is the only leaves showing these signs none of the new growth shows but as everyone knows this may take a while to be seen so hopefully it is taken care of
100_087110.JPG
100_08707.JPG
100_08697.JPG
100_08688.JPG
100_08679.JPG
as you can see in the pic above i got a new pipe for christmas and i as you can see below just got my yearly update on meters fresh off calibration so you can see my temps, ppm, and ph this is where my system stabilizes itself when i say stabilize it means i can change the ph and a day later this is where it is and i went another night without changing the ph and it is still the same now this is day three without touching the ph and it still has not moved so i think im going to run the system here and see how she looks tomorrow if its the same this will be a constant and i wont touch it
100_08595.JPG

tell me what you guys think it may be

Hey man, Like I said before I'm no expert so take what I say with a grain of salt.

But I think you pH is to high to be your stable pH, I think your seeing lock out on the other side of the pH spectrum. I know its good to have pH swings so the plant can get enough of everything the way it should but try keeping your pH at 5.8 for a stable number and let it do its thing from their. Jon705 had the same issue on his current grow, his style is a little different but there's a lot of knowledge in that journal.

If anyone sees im wrong point it out, I don't want to give wrong info.

it looks similar to my issues theres pics at the beginning of my journal.the problem was I had a GH feeding chart from a waterfarm I bought and it was completely different from they're online chart,everything was different Xlr8 was the one that figured it out for me.this combined with my ppm's being way to high(my first try with led's) caused my ph to drop.I agree with blazin that, if you set your ph at 5.4-5.5 and let it it rise to 6.1 the plants will get the full range of nutes.if you set it a 5.5 and the next day its at 6.1 what did the ppm's do? if they dropped alot your not running hot enough. I grew with hids a long time before I switched to led's and at that stage my ppm's were more like 1000-1200.

I think if new growth looks good, you should be fine given the other things you're saying. The transplants, PH swings probably just caused a hiccup. The stable home, stable PH should really help them find their groove again. :thumb:

Nice setup up but do you plan to run the drip system throughout the whole flower stage. I find it not necessary because you have all the nutrients needed being fed to the roots via buckets. I've done individual dwc buckets but never ran a rdwc. Also feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I agree, that it's not necessary Sky Rocket. However, I ran a DWC/Drip with the drippers all the way through once, and ended up with one of the nicest plants I've grown. The root development wasn't just relegated to the bottom of the bucket, either, it had really nice roots higher up in the media. I came away thinking that the drip combined with DWC gives you even more robust roots and even more robust plants - with certain strains/phenotypes. However, I had less positive results doing this with a sativa plant. I think some plants respond more favorably to the drip added - but I've seen a few monsters grown this way. I have a friend that swears drip/DWC combined and run all the way through flower grows the biggest plants of any hydro method. So, while I agree it might not be necessary, it sure seems some plants really thrive with the drip added.

The drip can also help limit salt build-up in the media, especially higher in the root system, which typically becomes a bigger problem if the media is allowed to dry more. Though periodic flushes can prevent salt buildups as well...

Having said all that, beautiful monster plants are grown all the time, with no drip. Good results can be had both ways I guess. :)

I agree, that it's not necessary Sky Rocket. However, I ran a DWC/Drip with the drippers all the way through once, and ended up with one of the nicest plants I've grown. The root development wasn't just relegated to the bottom of the bucket, either, it had really nice roots higher up in the media. I came away thinking that the drip combined with DWC gives you even more robust roots and even more robust plants - with certain strains/phenotypes. However, I had less positive results doing this with a sativa plant. I think some plants respond more favorably to the drip added - but I've seen a few monsters grown this way. I have a friend that swears drip/DWC combined and run all the way through flower grows the biggest plants of any hydro method. So, while I agree it might not be necessary, it sure seems some plants really thrive with the drip added.

The drip can also help limit salt build-up in the media, especially higher in the root system, which typically becomes a bigger problem if the media is allowed to dry more. Though periodic flushes can prevent salt buildups as well...

Having said all that, beautiful monster plants are grown all the time, with no drip. Good results can be had both ways I guess. :)

Dam! Well said. Thanks Xlr8. Ya seem I'm glad I asked for you to answer. I would have never vision what you said in my head

ok guys those were all very good points and some great suggestions i a little trick up my sleeve though as you will soon find out beings flush is tomorrow i will update and show you guys what i can tomorrow. For now lets touch base on skys comment i do run my drip thoughout the entire cycle but as you will see tomorrow after the post you will find out why as i said before my entire system is very unique and again i will show you why will try and post a video if i can get it made. this system i built hasnt even began to show its full potential yet after tomorrows flush it wont be dwc until flower again and at that time it will be be switched back to dwc and 1st 2 weeks ran as dwc 2nd 2 weeks ran as nft 3rd 2 weeks dwc 4th two weeks and flush as nft you may not understand why i do this but you will see why when you see my roots the better the roots the better the harvest let me rephrase that the better the feeder roots the better the harvest and when you see my cotton balls in the bucket you will see why i do it this way and when i say cotton i mean it looks like someone put a bag of cotton in the buckets little to baked to write anymore pics and better update tomorrow

sorry ladies and gents been under the weather the last few days and still not feeling all that great but my ladies needed some attention so i have battled through it. Unfortunatly my video wont load my computer needs replaced but i did take some pics along the way. as for the comment above everything was in the video so ill try and explain as best as i can. the reason i switch to nft is because with a varying water level in the bucket i can transform my ordinary roots into extrodinary roots as anyone knows when they run dwc of any sort it needs air stones in the buckets well the airstones create a very fine mist when the bubbles pop at the water level this fine mist makes your feeder roots explode in growth hence cotton balls and by controling the water level (which i have to do manually for now) i can make the feeder roots reach from the bottom of the net pot to the bottom of the bucket i do this with the drain line located on the bottom of each bucket in the drain line i installed a shutoff valve and open it about 1/4 of the way which allows the system to fill and drain at the the same time it feeds for about 15 minutes every hour and it takes about 40 minutes to drain the buckets back to the reservoir so my system works as a nft/ebb and flow/dwc/drip system all at once and in the process turns ordinary into extrodinary cant really show the process without a video but as the roots start showing i will put up pics.

As for sundays flush i added 45Gallons of freash water and 450ml of clearex to the sytem and bubbled the entire system for 12hrs this is not nessecary but precationary for the size of my system and the complexity of it (Better safe then sorry) and an additional 12 hours of just plain water these are the buckets when they are filled for the rinse
100_08856.JPG
100_08849.JPG

another reason i elongate my flush time is for water prepartion for the sytems refill after the flush. when i start flushing the system i opoen all my drains and immediatly start working on the refill it saqrts with 35 gallons of water

and these are my nutrients

PBPG 400ML
AQUA SHIELD 190ML
LIQUID KARMA 100ML
SILICA BLAST 100ML
HYGROZYME 100ML
NITROZYME 50ML
AND GREAT WHITE 4 SCOOPS

as you with see in the before and after pics my ppm are quite different

this is a before pic
100_08608.JPG

and this is an after pic
100_08868.JPG

and as you can see my temps are below 50 degrees so as the flush is taking place the refill gets to warm up to the right temps for application and is also bubbled for the entire time and i also have a power head in the drum to help mix everything together and it also gives me to to stabilize my ph since i have hard water it takes a few corrections to stabilze it. hope this gives you an idea of what i wanted to show you in the video. and these last pics are of the ladies after defoliating and supercropping (for future reference this is the only time these will get supercropped everything else will be trained from her on out with rope or whatever is handy)
100_08914.JPG
100_08906.JPG
100_08897.JPG
100_08889.JPG
100_08875.JPG
100_08926.JPG

any suggestions with the humidity would be greatly anticipated and appreciated
100_08936.JPG

ok guys time to check on the babies gotta give the old sponge a break from reading up on xlr8, bassman, jons, and fishcakes journals but dont give up hope when im done catching up with everyones journals i drop in and say hello

ok its been 5 days since the flush and cropping here is a pic of the ladies today.
100_08976.JPG

as you will see there is a new setup on the walls this is how i maximize my lights and here is a couple more pics of the setup will be plumbing it tonight and also another round of defoliating to happen today.
100_08967.JPG
100_08956.JPG

and one last pic fixed my noob mistake from earlier just got to attach the control hose to the valve now
100_08946.JPG

not much more to update other then the ph problem has went away and is now under control the kush likes a range anywhere between 5.3 and 6.5 but as for the white gold its very picky only does well between the range of 5.3 and 5.8 so i now have a lower range i will be aiming for so hopefully we will see some real nice results now that i found out where the ladies like it. but for now time to catch up!!!!

oh and i also raised my lights an additional 4 inches so i would be above the plumbing on the wall so i didnt have to hurry and do everything all at the same time now all i need is a little time to get me some clones looking for a good thread on putting clones in stasis if anyone knows of one

thanks jon took a long time to figure out what i was going to do so there wasnt much wasted light hopefully it works have been looking for a couple grows with nft in them so i could see how the plumb there system was thinking 1/2 in feed line 3/4 return line but i think i may run into a flood might have to run 1 inch or larger dont know yet have to do some more reading

how do you like the GLR jon im burnin 3k 24 hours a day and any little bit of energy i can save would be great and im only on page 53 with 36 more pages to go so it will be a minute before im totally caught up on your end but im getting there and if you know a thread i can peak at to get some more info on GLR would be sweet

Back
Top Bottom