Clean pipe keep resin?

hasnt anyone ever heard of boiling your piece. just stick it in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes take it out scrape, rinse and repeat till its clean. thats the most organic way! why use chemicals or alcohol in something your gonna smoke out of?

I have a 1.5 quart stainless container, short and squat with a glass lid and plastic gasket. It's supposed to be one of a set of containers to arrange on a counter, etc. Got it at Walmart. I put a quart of 93% isopropyl in it and use it as a solvent bath. Whenever I throw something in, I pull out what's there, rinse with hot water and air dry for 2 days. There's always something in it, but it makes cleaning easy. If I'm in a hurry, I add salt to a pipe or bong almost full of iso (leave 1/4 to 1/3 as air for better agitation), cover all holes with a finger, or saran wrap and rubber bands if there's an awkward opening, and shake. 60 seconds later most stuff is clean. Rinse and dry.

Iso also removes organic residues from your fingers (and anything else), but it's hell on skin, so I don't make a habit of it. Usually after trimming.

Hmmm everybodys saying to scrape the resin to get it out to smoke it but hasn't anyone here ever made iso hash before? Same thing with resin really clean the pipe with iso no salt casue well the salt will stay and its a pain in the ass to filter out and well not worth it, in stead of salt what I like to do is just tae a paper clip and just lighty run it over the parts that won't come clean from shaking it. Of course you want to have something to pour the alcohol into and colect it I like to use a metal pot or even better a large surface area glass cassarole dish. Now after you collect all the alcohol you have two options on evporating it, if you have an electric stove like I do and when I'm in a rush to smoke the resin cause I'm dry I heat it up on the electric stove till it all evaporates. It's very important that you're in a well ventilated area when you do this I turn on the fan above the stove that vents outside and open all the windows in the kitchen.I' also like to say that I use the metal pot when evaporating it on the stove as if I use a glass cassarole dish it'll crack. You're other option an what I do when I' not in a rush to smoke is just get a glass cassarole type dish with the most surface area possible to reuce the ammount of time it takes to evaporate an just let it sit for a few days until all the iso evaporated off. It's important to make sure which ever way you do it to a) make sure you're in a well ventilated area when evaporating it an b) to make sure it evaporate fully no smell of alcohol an resin wil be a dry kind of clay type of consistnecy and not gooey. After all the iso is evaporated off just scrape and smoke.

Edit: I'd just like to add that you can only use an electric stove or hot plate to evaporate the alcohol. NO OPEN FLAMES.

cleaning a pipe is art u will need to do it the old fashion way close off all the holes blow in to the pipe slowly with warm air get a paper clip and go to town after a while u will master the art of scrapeing a pipe good luck green house

I found this technique from my cousin that worked pretty well, especially with older pipes:

all you need is a microwave and water:

put 2 drops in a spoon and shake it around (in that size pipe thats plenty of water).

shake it more

put in microwave for 10 seconds at the most.

smells horrible but makes the resin steamed from the inside out. Easy work with the paper clip after that.

I found scalpels are the best for getting the actual bowlpack part clean. That shit is a breeze if you put one drop of water on the black petrified resin. Then put maybe a paper towel over it to keep the steam circulating and pop it in for 8 - 9 seconds

:smokin:

i smoked rez and nobody died

I just tried the rubbing alcohol for the first time in an old bowl I had laying around that was caked with resin. I left it in a small cup with alcohol and water overnight and the next morning i took it out of the cup and wiped it with papertowel and bowl looks brand new... Thanks to all who recommended that method cause it worked great...

I have used Marc Emery's method of salt and alcohol and I tried salt and water, salt and vinegar and the boiling method. I have not tried the microwave method yet. Yesterday my friend and I took apart a small hash pipe he had. It was stuffed full of resin and bits of unburned hash. We put some bud in the bowl of the bong and dropped this load of gung on top. I was feeling the effects several hours later.:)

i use rubbing alcohol and Epsom salt. The Epsom salt is a bit more abrasive and cleans a lot easier in my opinion. Just throw it all in a sandwich bag, hold the pipe, and shake. the salt helps to scrub the resin off the glass. For the harder to reach spots, i use a pipe cleaner dipped in rubbing alcohol.

I don't know if you already figured out a way to clean your pipe but the way i clean it is easy and quick. Just take a little baggy fill it with rubbing alcohol and salt and put your pipe in it. Stick it in the microwave for ten second and take it out. Shake the bag and the resin will hella get out. If its still dirty do it again. But before all that scrape the resin out the bowl and smoke it :D Nah im joking, but you always can. But yeaah thats how i clean my pipe and it works like a charm. Good luck. :yummy:

thanx you all for tips. i have a bubbler that has black balls of resin floating. it interferes with proper perculation. hopefully il get it all out. and clean.

The bet way Ive found for cleaning is to heat the resin up inside the pipe first. Take a paper clip and just keep pushing it in through either the carb or mouthpiece. As long as you keep the resin liquidy, its easy to get out. what I do is tilt my bubbler so the carb is facing downward, plug the bowl-hole, and blow through the mouthpiece. Kinda looks like my bowl is droppin deuce, but Ive gotten 2-3 inch long resin 'worms' by doing this. While that gets most of the resin out, if I want a brand-new look, Ill finish off with some Formula 420 or similar product. Happy Toking!

what do you mean by heating up the resin? my resin is already where the water fills up. so fill it with hot water repeatedly?

i'm going to try this with my bubbler. thanx for the info.

I dont waste a crumb of my weed. I smoke out of a glass bong, and heres what I do.

1: smoke the weed

2: tap ashes out into dish, buy a small paintbrush for this (hair or hemp bristly, shit will stick to the synthetic stuff). That way you never find yourself digging in the grass outside your house for a pebble to replace your filter, nor will you ever look at that half cooked bud thats mushed into your patio wishing you hadent thrown it away like that. And face it, you throw out perfectly good bowls sometimes because you want new fresh stuff.

3: WHEN YOU CANT INHALE ANYTHING THROUGH THE BONG ANYMORE : Turn your faucet on full hot and run your bowl through it to remove any loose stuff. Leave it under there for a good 10 seconds (make sure your glass is temepred or whatevs). Use a toothpick to scrape out the now gooy resin. Let dry on paper towel.

4: TADAHHHHH! Tiny resin balls that are best taken as hot knives. I keep mine, make them maluable and fold all of the crystal my grinder collects in to it. But thats a whole nother story.

Sorry for ranting or posting in the wrong palce or whatever someone is probs going to yell at me for doing.

Enjoy!

Ok i just cleaned my stem with the sea salt and alcohol heated in the mico wave several times to get the alcohol out then dried over night , So now i am hearing NOT to smoke this , is this correct ? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom