Clones Are killing me - I'm 2 for 12

lol sorry internet went down. my 4 little clones are doing well but the one bigger one that was an indica top lost the battle to rot.

however im not in the least bothered as i understand what happened and can counter it.

i reread seemore buds guide yesterday and it casually mentions that the stem does not like to be damp at all. now we all know this, but i wasnt really paying attention untill then...with my mini air pots for cloning, you just water them by spraying the SIDES of the pots, this way water will absorb inwards and the stem will always be the last part to recieve water, getting the least, but hopefully just enough while it has no roots.

I took my dieing and nearly dead Clones and gave them another taste of root hormone and stuck them in water, They are coming back....tiny little new growth. Yayyy.

Please try perlite in the little 3oz plastic cups. You won't be sorry.....

Please try perlite in the little 3oz plastic cups. You won't be sorry.....

I will kimmy, if it goes right, these tubs are my chosen growing method for now.. perfectly compatible with your cloning method. i can just cut a clone (not so micro this time) and plant it straight into one of these tubs for the rest of its life =)

im just waiting for for tubs to be availible in the shop i buy them from, lol.

GEDC00277.JPG

Aloha peeps! I decided to step out of my RockWool technique comfort zone & took a couple of 9" clones from a couple of 4mo old mothers & trimmed lower growth (2-3 nodes), scraped lightly, dipped in rooting powder, & then straight into moist soil @ 12/12 lighting, spritzing straight tap 3-4times/day-- its day3, all G... i feel pretty good about it, but we'll see...

I'm on my second grow now and my first grow I took 8 clones and outta the 8 I'm currenly growing 3 of them. Just went into flowering a few weeks ago and there looking great. I used a large landscaping pot and a 50-50 mix of my composted dirt and small peebles. Next time I plan on using a 50-50 verm peril

Attempt number 7...

Timer is set for the sprayer at 46 seconds on 4.5 mins off
PH will be monitored closely ranging from 5.6-6.0
PPM is 120
has a tiny bit of bloom and veg organic hydro nutes
has a small bit of chelated minerals, mainly iron and b-1

The stem has a whopping 4 nodes below the neoprene disk. I sliced the stem in half and also peeled off around 40% of the outer skin layer.

This shit better work...

I just took 2 more off the Mom before the frost gets her. This time I prepared the stem ( scraped,dipped in gel ) put in pure ph'd water. When they start to yellow from lack of N2, I can add a "little" Blood Meal ( if anyone thinks it's ok ) and see if I get roots. I do believe in the Perlite Vermiculite therory and may take one out of the water and try that too. I really need at least 1 to make it. I currently have 2 struggling in soil ( probably rot ) and the new 2 in water but will place 1 of them in Vermiculite today. Crazy how many ways there are to try and I am about 2 for 15 here using all the info on here.

Thanx giga. Another thing I didn't do is scrape. Which would explain why it took so long for them to root. But there healthy as could be now. I would post pix of them but I live in a narrow minded state and I'm nervous about posting them

Thanx giga. Another thing I didn't do is scrape. Which would explain why it took so long for them to root. But there healthy as could be now. I would post pix of them but I live in a narrow minded state and I'm nervous about posting them

you dont have to worry about posting pics on this site.
very discreet here and they strip any personally identifyable data hidden in the file (such as from mobile devices)
just make sure you dont snap a pic of something that is uniquely you, like your front door, local area, very identifyable scars and tats e.t.c

I just took 2 more off the Mom before the frost gets her. This time I prepared the stem ( scraped,dipped in gel ) put in pure ph'd water. When they start to yellow from lack of N2, I can add a "little" Blood Meal ( if anyone thinks it's ok ) and see if I get roots. I do believe in the Perlite Vermiculite therory and may take one out of the water and try that too. I really need at least 1 to make it. I currently have 2 struggling in soil ( probably rot ) and the new 2 in water but will place 1 of them in Vermiculite today. Crazy how many ways there are to try and I am about 2 for 15 here using all the info on here.

I have just tested vermiculite and it takes way to long to dry out. perlite is better by far!

Lol just post in a way that does not give off your location or neighborhood.

Like a pic like this which I took last night of my new cloner and attempt #7.
005889.JPG

If anyone ever figured out where I live from that, they are a cross between Albert Enstein, and Sherlock Holmes and I was screwed regardless.

Back
Top Bottom