clones

mattfas

whats happening with my clones today i took some cuttings from my plants followed the correct procedure cut the leafs off at the nodes cut at a 45degree angle dipped stems in correct ph water then into cloning powder i then placed cuttings into growing medium in this case rockwool cubes wich i soaked in correct ph water i put in prop tank sprayed them with a little water put under fluo light i checked on them approx 2 hour later only to find they had willted is this normal will they perk up or have i lost them at my wits end help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!please

I'll let the pros step in, but I think it's normal for clones to wilt in the early stages. Your cuttings have been stressed by all that has happened to them and will probably need a few days to recuperate properly.

Also, I highly recommend you get a humidity dome for your clones if you don't have one already!

I've been having an unusually difficult time the last 2 times I tried to clone. It's not proven to me yet but I believe my water temp in my tray was too cold during the nights. It's been unusually cold the past couple of times I cloned and I wasnt using my heated mat underneath my cloning tray. I started using it 3 days ago and the clones that are still around have since started to root. This is the 2 week mark so it could be coincidence or the cold water had something to do with me loosing most of my clones before and now. Or you could be cloning from an immature plant. Or it could just be slightly wilting or yellowing right before you get some nice roots. I've always used humidity domes when cloning. Racefan swears there not needed. I think next time I try I'm gonna try it without one and see what happens. It would be nice not to have to use one. I think as long as I'm not cloning in the dead of winter I'll be alright.

how are they now did they perk up?

i checked on them this morning there still wilted but its only been 12 hours or so since i did it so ill give them a chance andsee what happens in a couple of daysi have them in a heated prop tank and spray them with ph adjusted water every now and again to keep humidity up thanks for reply

In my experience, my clones were witly for a while until they started rooting.

just checked on my clones there perking up nicely now thanks to everbody who gave me advice they nearly had a new home this morning THE BIN but looking up now feeling in a better mood now cheers :cheer::thanks:

how old are your cuttings?

there now about a day and half old they still look ok but still a little bit wilted but no were near as bad as tey were hopefully by 2moz they should be stood up straight am i ok to sprinkle rockwool with water as well as spray the leaves and the inside of humidity dome

Back
Top Bottom