Cloning machine problem, Need advice

Sleenk

Hello
72 hours ago a buddy of mine took 20 clones of my sour D and put them in his shiny new 30 shot machine that he just bought.

He is having a problem and cant figure it out.
1.5 days ago he noticed a clear slime on the inside walls of the machine and on the spray nozzle's.The pump today has a white slime on it and the clear slime is building up.

What did he do wrong? Did he miss something? was there something he should have added to the water?

We pretty much know he is going to hafta ditch the clones and cut more,,but he doesnt want to run into the same slime problem.

Any insight would be helpful
Thanks

IMHO I would add some hydrogen peroxide to the nute solution. works good for me in DWC. 5ml/liter of 3% should get rid of the slime and add some oxygen to the roots as well.

peroxide will kill the bacteria in there now (causing the slime and whit foam/bubbles). It will not prevent it from happening again. Be sure to keep ur resevoir temp like a 68 degrees (if I'm not mistaken) and keep and airstone and a pump going to keep that water in the res moving. Hope this helps.

peroxide will kill the bacteria in there now (causing the slime and whit foam/bubbles). It will not prevent it from happening again. Be sure to keep ur resevoir temp like a 68 degrees (if I'm not mistaken) and keep and airstone and a pump going to keep that water in the res moving. Hope this helps.

Had the same problem first time I used it Czclone 30.

Bleach cleaned intire unit. Did it outside near a power outlet. Scrubed all parts and flushed the tubing and jets by turning on unit, you can check for cloged sprayers and unclog them.

Works every time now

Not that bleach isn't an effective cleaning solution. It has been know to adversely affect certain types of plastics and rubber which can shorten the life of certain parts on our set ups. Just a little heads up.

Just quoting the manufacture 1 cup per gallon.

I now get 2 clumps of roots in 2 weeks %100 rooting

Either their product is good with bleach or they tell u this so that it conks out on u prematurely and u go buy a new one because u liked the last one so much, lol. Sounds far fetched but a lot of these companies are all about that dollar. Not sayin ur wrong here, just presenting another perspective. :peace:

I hear ya PitViper I worked in a lab for most of my collage years and we wiped everything with bleach or iodine to kill everything before starting test. My unit works %100 of the time with every cutting being used something I can't say about rooting in soil.

They don't even wilt or go into shock.

And yes you rinse it good......lol

Back
Top Bottom