Coco run to waste first time grow need help

Scottxb73

This is my first Coco grow using run to waste set up..
I'm using a system that already set up for growing but was used for water recycle then dirt grown now I'm trying run to waste, the system is full operating and it's not the problem the issue is my growing technique and how I was doing it, the system is full automated climate control ect, 600w hps, led veg/supplement and cmh finisher. I had no luck with the other 2 growing techniques so this is a full set up change and a new start..
Thease are my crappy clones getting ready, they just came from a small tent, and where having a real bad week as they where seriously neglected but anyways I only need 4 good ones so I'm sure thease will be fine, there just been put in this now to get a serious start. In a couple days I'll transplant them into air pots, untill then just getting set up full and gathering bits n pieces, this set up will be on the run eg I don't have the tray yet or pumps n shit to make the automatic irrigation system but for now I'll hand water untill then.

IMG_20240425_031049.jpg

IMG_20240425_031056.jpg

I'm going to really need some help with this one and firstly I'm dyslexic so bere with me, I'm just going to fire off random questions as I come up with them.. thanx in advance for your time..
1.. storing water, can I cal mag a 25L drum of water (kept in a dark place) what about pH I thought it was better to pH then rest the water then use it for making Small batches of nutrients.. or
Can I cal mag, nute and pH the drum... Last time I tried this it went rotten but I think the sun got to it? Was different nutes to .. I'm using canna coco nutrients but These are weird as it's the same dose same mix right through the grow, I guess you add supplements during flower?
Right now I'm using half strength on thease clones.
Thats a start there's More way more 😜
I'll make a bucket reservoir with a pump this will get topped up everyday with fresh solution from the 25l storage drum, then transferred to the bucket reservior an air stone inside to aerate , this will be in a timer and this is the real question.. how long how much it's going to be 4 plants In air pots
So how many litres in one watering.
The water will then run off into under tray to be removed
This is how I'll set it up eventually.

This is my first Coco grow using run to waste set up..
I'm using a system that already set up for growing but was used for water recycle then dirt grown now I'm trying run to waste, I had no luck with the other 2, full set up change and a new start..
Thease are my crappy clones getting ready, they just came from a small tent, and where having a real bad week as they where seriously neglected but anyways I only need 4 good ones so I'm sure thease will be fine, there just been put in this now to get a serious start. In a couple days I'll transplant them into air pots, untill then just getting set up full and gathering bits n pieces, this set up will be on the run eg I don't have the tray yet or pumps n shit to make the automatic irrigation system but for now I'll hand water untill then.

IMG_20240425_031049.jpg

IMG_20240425_031056.jpg
Hey bud and welcome to the 420 family! I grow DTW in Coco Coir. What nutrients are you running? Setup looks good with the runoff space!

Check out my journals in my signatures if you'd like. Latest journal is Bruce Banner from seed to flower. Feel free to ask any questions!

Cheers!

I'm going to really need some help with this one and firstly I'm dyslexic so bere with me, I'm just going to fire off random questions as I come up with them.. thanx in advance for your time..
1.. storing water, can I cal mag a 25L drum of water (kept in a dark place) what about pH I thought it was better to pH then rest the water then use it for making Small batches of nutrients.. or
Can I cal mag, nute and pH the drum... Last time I tried this it went rotten but I think the sun got to it? Was different nutes to .. I'm using canna coco nutrients but These are weird as it's the same dose same mix right through the grow, I guess you add supplements during flower?
Right now I'm using half strength on thease clones.
Thats a start there's More way more 😜
I'll make a bucket reservoir with a pump this will get topped up everyday with fresh solution from the 25l storage drum, then transferred to the bucket reservior an air stone inside to aerate , this will be in a timer and this is the real question.. how long how much it's going to be 4 plants In air pots
So how many litres in one watering.
The water will then run off into under tray to be removed
This is how I'll set it up eventually.
I like Canna Coco A + B from start to finish with some potassium silicate. Instead of increasing feeding strength it's better to add another feeding.

Canna got this practice early on and they've been selling this formula for soon to be 30 years. That's why you'll see the same nutrient concentrations in their schedules. You much rather increase amounts of feedings in hydro instead than increasing nutrient strength.

Thanks mate using canna coco nutrients, I've got cal mag and the A -B, still got a heap of Rock supercharge root nutes, and some of there resonator pk booster, seaweed fertilizer and some beneficial bacteria that what I've got at the moment.

Thanks mate using canna coco nutrients, I've got cal mag and the A -B, still got a heap of Rock supercharge root nutes, and some of there resonator pk booster, seaweed fertilizer and some beneficial bacteria that what I've got at the moment.
Good morning my friend. :ciao:
I noticed a post in Heaven's Shores. :thumb:
I'm not 100% sure of the question?
Are you asking about layering or the coco?
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Good morning my friend. :ciao:
I noticed a post in Heaven's Shores. :thumb:
I'm not 100% sure of the question?
Are you asking about layering or the coco?
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Yes mate the way you showed me in your old post you layered perlite then dirt perlite dirt ect beneficial bacteria then perlite ect do I need to do this indoors with that 70/30 premix, you said before don't use clay balls at the bottom as well
Cheers brother 👍😎

Yes mate the way you showed me in your old post you layered perlite then dirt perlite dirt ect beneficial bacteria then perlite ect do I need to do this indoors with that 70/30 premix, you said before don't use clay balls at the bottom as well
Cheers brother 👍😎
Yes . :thumb:
Add perlite and your micros to your coco.
Then use that between layers of perlite.
Your roots will love it.
How are things going today?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Can I cal mag, nute and pH the drum
Start with a clean, light tight drum. PH then cal mag then nutes. Then fine tune PH again if needed. Minimum of 10 minutes between each step so it can settle. Adding an air stone will keep an aerobic environment that will block bacteria and fungus growth.

Chemical nutrient only. No compost tea or bio feeds.

Start with a clean, light tight drum. PH then cal mag then nutes. Then fine tune PH again if needed. Minimum of 10 minutes between each step so it can settle. Adding an air stone will keep an aerobic environment that will block bacteria and fungus growth.

Chemical nutrient only. No compost tea or bio feeds.
Ok sounds good now no organics in the holding tank but it's ok to add to the plant by hand eg seaweed fertilizer and pk booster like the Rock resonator stuff I got, I reckon that's organic but no sure just smell like it..
Or do I need to get the proper canna stuff, even that had organic in some there additives, I'm only asking as I wonder what organic dose in the Coco, dose it start a problem or its ok, or dose everything have to be synthetic
Cheers 👍👍

Bill said to add the root addictive I have it's rock supercharge, it's dose not look organic and it's used right through the grow in there system, could this be added to the general mix or by hand? How often, and I assume the same dose as on bottle

IMG_20240426_220415.jpg

IMG_20240426_220407.jpg

Basic nutes, plus supercharge
What about there other crap like pk booster and looks like root stuff by Coco ..ryz something do you need this I assume same as root tonics, then pk required for big bud production I think... I looks organic the Coco stuff? Otherwise I guess you add it by hand water anything that dose not go in the main holding tank just base yeh..
Then this will just be automatically fed the base, then skip the timer feed and just do a hand water with additives as well, how often do I need additives needed every second feed or every feed or once a week?

IMG_20240426_220114.jpg

Back
Top Bottom