Coco Tabs Equal Good Meds

I was just going to ask how you keep the capsules from falling apart. A bunch of forums I read on essential oils talk about capsules filled just melt away if you do them in large batches. I assumed because of the oils used in this it would have the same effect. But since you say you freeze them, and that halts the melty processes, I might give it a try. Thank you for that! I have about 70-80 grams of finely ground shake left over from when I made butter (some small buds got smooshed too). Do you think that would be enough for some decent meds?

ive done hundreds at a sitting only being able to fill 24 at a time
and they sit It wont melt fast enough that you cant put it in the freezer
and when I do it the oil is fairly hot when I start cools as im going but haven't had any issues

I was just going to ask how you keep the capsules from falling apart. A bunch of forums I read on essential oils talk about capsules filled just melt away if you do them in large batches. I assumed because of the oils used in this it would have the same effect. But since you say you freeze them, and that halts the melty processes, I might give it a try. Thank you for that! I have about 70-80 grams of finely ground shake left over from when I made butter (some small buds got smooshed too). Do you think that would be enough for some decent meds?

Good evening weed zombiecupcake. If the shake and buds have been use for making butter I wouldn't try it using my method. If it hasn't been used it should work just fine. Just start out with as little oil as you can to get the potency up there. cook for awhile and then put in blender and blend the heck out of it. Sometimes I will start with half of what I want to use and after blending if it's nice and liquidity I add more shake and bud. After cooking I put into caps and then freeze. If it is used material put it into caps and eat a few. Hope this helps. I have never had caps melt. One other thing :welcome: to 420 Mag. It's a great place with almost everyone willing to help. I live just outside Issy.

Good evening weed zombiecupcake. If the shake and buds have been use for making butter I wouldn't try it using my method. If it hasn't been used it should work just fine. Just start out with as little oil as you can to get the potency up there. cook for awhile and then put in blender and blend the heck out of it. Sometimes I will start with half of what I want to use and after blending if it's nice and liquidity I add more shake and bud. After cooking I put into caps and then freeze. If it is used material put it into caps and eat a few. Hope this helps. I have never had caps melt.

I should have worded that differently I'm sorry. Its not used shake. Its just not enough to make another batch of butter. So I started to rethink the capsules, when I came across this thread :D. I also have some infused coconut oil that I did a few weeks ago. Thank you for your answer! Cronichemphog as well! You are all so helpful :love:

I should have worded that differently I'm sorry. Its not used shake. Its just not enough to make another batch of butter. So I started to rethink the capsules, when I came across this thread :D. I also have some infused coconut oil that I did a few weeks ago. Thank you for your answer! Cronichemphog as well! You are all so helpful :love:

If you used the infused oil you will have have better luck but you could try without it and see how it goes. Start with small batches. I don't know if you read an edit I did. Just wanted to say :welcome: to :420: I live just outside issy.

If you used the infused oil you will have have better luck but you could try without it and see how it goes. Start with small batches. I don't know if you read an edit I did. Just wanted to say :welcome: to :420: I live just outside issy.

Hey Beemer,

In a couple of weeks I will be starting my batch.

Can I just query your method and temperature again?

a 1:6 or 1:7 ratio depending on effect, I have that part.
a 60 CC syringe with the plunger sanded, have that.
'00' capsules, I have them.

What temp do you set it on, and is that in deg 'C'

if im not mistaken its 6-1 ratio or1-6 whatever lol but that one
and temps around 220 in a crock pot I think he runs like 10 hrs
you could shorten the time a bit I used crockpot method and butter machine
decarb first and you can shorten the time a bit and use the butter machine

Hey Beemer,

In a couple of weeks I will be starting my batch.

Can I just query your method and temperature again?

a 1:6 or 1:7 ratio depending on effect, I have that part.
a 60 CC syringe with the plunger sanded, have that.
'00' capsules, I have them.

What temp do you set it on, and is that in deg 'C'

Good Day weed Romulus. Cronic said what had to be said. If you can keep it around 95C you will be doing good. You don't have to cook it as long as I have stated. You can cut that in half and still will be okay. Good luck and Happy High.

if im not mistaken its 6-1 ratio or1-6 whatever lol but that one
and temps around 220 in a crock pot I think he runs like 10 hrs
you could shorten the time a bit I used crockpot method and butter machine
decarb first and you can shorten the time a bit and use the butter machine

I understand what decarb is, turning THC-A to THC, but what is the butter machine method?

decarb throw it in the butter machine not needing to grind it like you would for a crock pot cause the butter machine
will do the grinding
same ratio add some lecithin like Brotha B said don't have to run as long as he does I run it in the butter machine
at 220 for 2-4 hrs
but since its already decarbed I don't know if 220 is necessary but I still run it on 220

Going off that chart Beemer, I guess you could decarb by just putting your buds in the oven for the 30 min to an hour, then mix with the coconut oil into a liquid for the capsules, what do you think? Or does the cooking infuse it better?

Going off that chart Beemer, I guess you could decarb by just putting your buds in the oven for the 30 min to an hour, then mix with the coconut oil into a liquid for the capsules, what do you think? Or does the cooking infuse it better?

That will work Romulus. I know someone that does just that and he gets medicated quite nicely. Make sure the oven temp is where it's suppose to be and that it will maintain that temp. Mixing in the coconut oil gives it the fat base for better absorption.

don't forget to keep it in a sealed bag you don't want to lose any good stuff

What are people's thoughts on NOT decarboxylating? GF doesn't particularly want to get stoned, just need something to help the pain. I was going to soak some high CDB "MED GOM 1.0" in coconut oil...

SamtheAPman :welcome: What type of pain is she experiencing. If you have a high CBD strain with less THC % than CBD % you probably won't have the really high effect. The high CBD vs THC is kind nullifies the high. This is after decarbubg. I have taken and juiced fresh leaves and got a nice feeling of stress and pain relief. I have never done it without decarbing but I know a few people that have ground it up and put in caps but then eat a teaspoon of peanut butter with it. I would do a little test trying your way and if it works for her that would be fantastic., I tack RSO (cannabis oil) twice a day for wellness and pain. I have seen you over on Motoco threads so you have heard of this. Give it a try.

Thanks for the reply BeemerBill. GF has severe exhaustion ("chronic fatigue" for almost 10yrs) with muscle aching and fatigue (heaviness of limbs) and also nerve pain (with tingling sometimes). She also has sinus pain/headaches.

I see tacking RSO as a way to treat the underlying illness, but the grow is still quite a few weeks from completion and she is in a lot of pain and losing hope. So I thought I'd give something else a try in the meantime (tried tea but it wasn't very effective). We are also juicing fresh leaves (undecarbed - but might try them decarbed next time).

Unfortunately I can't get any THC:CBD testing done here, so I'm really not sure of precise values. Just going off the description on Herbies. I've vaped the MED GOM and it does make me stoned. She was vaping at lower temps so as not to activate the THC but it wasn't really giving much relief either.

I've put 5g of finely chopped bud into a jar and covered with coconut oil (approx 60g). Am going to let it stand in the cupboard for a few weeks and test it out. If it doesn't cut it, I will decarboxylate then. Either way, it will be an interesting test.

Thanks again.

My autoimmune disorder includes all of the symptoms of CFS. Right now I'm vaping cured Blue Blood to dull the symptoms.

What helps me most when I am in a flare up is making the most of myrcene and CBD. The long cooking process at 100c (water boiling point) to leech cannabinoids into coconut oil does break down many of the terpenes (like myrcene) in cannabis. Myrcene has an amazing synergistic effect with CBD and THC. It's like the same synergistic effect between Tylenol and codeine . . . except without the the toxicity of tylenol and addiction issues associated with opiates and opioids. If your CBD extracts are weak in myrcene, you can also get myrcene from mangoes. Eat some mangoes ahead of time to increase the medicinal effects of CBD through myrcene synergy.

Sorry to hear that you've got a similar symptom list Cronichemphog. It's no fun for anyone :-(

And you too Cannabelle. We actually just got our best harvest of mangoes from our tree in 5 years - 25 mangoes in total! Most are frozen to make into ice ream (just send them through our slow juicer and it comes out like ice cream). I'm sure the GF will be happy to hear that she needs to eat this!

My GF has chronic Lyme disease and CIRS (Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome) caused by mould/mycotoxins and a bunch of genetic problems that compound everything. The CIRS is a relatively new diagnosis and treatment hasn't progressed too much because of various reasons. But I'm hoping that the medicine I'm growing and making into RSO will be the key to what has been a long and drawn out battle.

I don't have anything like that tho pinched nerves in my neck, bad sinuses, and just seem a lot more tired than I ever used to especially with this job that im trying to get away from doing hardly anything
makes me more tired than anything but that's about it I think well theres the occasional pain going down my right arm
and carpal tunnel

Back
Top Bottom