Commercial Grower's License

Plus you'll love living in norcal, it's beautiful and the people are nicer and its much more laid back compared to the east coast. In fact, I met a nice couple at the pub last night that moved to our grower friendly county to do just that. They seemed really happy and I hope they do well.

wow thanks for the nice words man. that sounds like a dream to right now. If i had any type job lined up for there i think i really wound out there. city life just ain't want it use to be. It doesn't even have to be cali, i'll move to almost any state that i can grow for a clinic in.

If i had any type job lined up for there i think i really wound out there. . . i'll move to almost any state that i can grow for a clinic in.

That sounds like a job to me. Once u get past the novelty of it all this is real work. I spend a LOT of man hours in my garden 4 out of seven days a week. I spent up to 8hrs in there (not including harvesting) b4. It is a dream job, but reality set in after a few cycles. But I love what I do, sounds like U enjoy it too.:peace:

If i had any type job lined up for there i think i really wound out there. . . i'll move to almost any state that i can grow for a clinic in.

That sounds like a job to me. Once u get past the novelty of it all, this is real work. I spend a LOT of man hours in my garden 4 out of 7 days a week (easy). I spent up to 8hrs in there (not including harvesting) b4. It is a dream job, but reality sets in after a few cycles. But I love what I do, sounds like U enjoy it too.Haveenough saved to live on for 3-6 months, tie up any loose ends where u r now and go for it. Find out which MMJ state has the most to offer besides MMJ. At least this would be my approach :peace:

Gray Area

OK, so what is the answer, if I have under 100 plants I can grow commercially.

Unfortunately the only legal marijuana recognized by the federal gov I know of is a gov program (some kind of study group I think) that serves a select few patients. I believe they grow out of Mississippi. I was told the grade isn't all that great either. As far as law goes in Cali it's legal, to purchase (at a despensary, posses limited quantities (varies county to county), grow limited quantities (also varied county to county) but it is illegal to cultivate on a commercial scale, at least a single man operation. So crafty Californians have figured a way to circumvent the gray areas by starting grower's collectives (which appears to provide the most legal protection). That should be enough to point u in the right direction in ur search.
By the way, how do u define commercially? To me commercially means to do something (grow in this case) for profit. It s to my understanding that the clubs operate in a similar fashion, they're not supposed to be pocketing all this cash its supposed to be structured more like a non profit org. Majority of profits are to go toward member services. according an explanation I got from one dispensary owner. U threw me off with the under 100 plant thing.
Good luck in ur search. :peace:

I think you can legally grow commercially in Cali as long as you do business with MMJ cardholders and dispensaries, and dont violate county/city plant count or canopy size guidelines. When I got my card they asked if I wanted to grow, I said yes and they put that in my records and gave me a paper with all the county/city rules. And when I joined the Harborside collective they said I can do business with them, in fact they have special days and times they ask growers to bring in their medication to be purchased and offer advice and free grow classes to want-to-be vendors.

Of course, pic a high plant count jurisdiction, dont tell anyone what you're doing, and you might want to pay your taxes and stay under 100 plants to keep the feds off your ass. AG Eric Holder said the justice department and DEA will only go after those that break BOTH fed and state laws. And they would start raiding dispensaries before small one man operations under 100 plants.

Good luck!

I think you can legally grow commercially in Cali as long as you do business with MMJ cardholders and dispensaries, and dont violate county/city plant count or canopy size guidelines.

Not so sure about the 1st part of this quote. Got any evidence to back that up? I agree with the second part completely. I guess the best way I can think of to put it for Cali is this. Large scale grows are illegal for this reason. The limits were supposed to be implemented so that people could cultivate meds for personal reasons and/or caregivers could grow for patients unable to do so for themselves.Certain areas in Cali the are more accepting being that so much revenue is being generated. Authorities are inclined to look the other way. The DEA, another story. What u do is ur biz. Just keep it that way and play it safe. Good luck.

Essentially, they are offering the improved safety of testing for molds such as aspergillus and selling certified bud. Gas chromatography and mass spectrometry can identify and quantify the level of each cannabinoid allowing them to post the ratio of CBD, THC, CBN, etc. for their patients. People will finally start to have a way of knowing what they're actually consuming.

I am very interested in quantifying cannabinoid content ratio's and grading medical marijuana for consistency purposes. I purchased medicine from two different dispensaries less than a mile apart that had absolutely nothing in common but the name. How can we standardize the industry if we can't control quality consistency?

I am very interested in quantifying cannabinoid content ratio's and grading medical marijuana for consistency purposes. I purchased medicine from two different dispensaries less than a mile apart that had absolutely nothing in common but the name. How can we standardize the industry if we can't control quality consistency?

check this page out at Medical Marijuana, Inc. They're working on this area. Not sure how far along they are

Marijuana Testing & Gradation : Medical Marijuana, Inc.

Damn, you guys are ON it! That was my first psot as I am a newbie. Soniq420, thank you for your prompt response. I'm off to the link.

Calm Seas, Sunny Skies, Tight Lines, & A Good Buzz!

That sounds like a job to me. Once u get past the novelty of it all, this is real work. I spend a LOT of man hours in my garden 4 out of 7 days a week (easy). I spent up to 8hrs in there (not including harvesting) b4. It is a dream job, but reality sets in after a few cycles. But I love what I do, sounds like U enjoy it too.Haveenough saved to live on for 3-6 months, tie up any loose ends where u r now and go for it. Find out which MMJ state has the most to offer besides MMJ. At least this would be my approach :peace:

Thankx for the input and the advice. I dont think i say that right. I wasn't at all trying to say that act of growing isn't work. anybody here that has ever tried to germinate a seed knows isn't not easy to grow. I meant to say that i "would" quit my job and move to a green friendly state now, if i could find a "stable paying job non MMJ related. you know just so i don't end up sleeping on the street and all.
Im a worker, i been working since i was 10 year with my pop. and the idea being unempolyment and not getting a steady check kindof scares me. perhaps more than it should. Thankx again for the advice, that is a good plan u give me so i all about it:slide:

Not so sure about the 1st part of this quote. Got any evidence to back that up? I agree with the second part completely. I guess the best way I can think of to put it for Cali is this. Large scale grows are illegal for this reason. The limits were supposed to be implemented so that people could cultivate meds for personal reasons and/or caregivers could grow for patients unable to do so for themselves.Certain areas in Cali the are more accepting being that so much revenue is being generated. Authorities are inclined to look the other way. The DEA, another story. What u do is ur biz. Just keep it that way and play it safe. Good luck.

I don't have any evidence on hand. But I talked to a lawyer when I went to the Oaksterdam seminar and he said Prop 215 always overrides SB420, and in Prop 215 it says you can form a cooperative or a collective and when you become a vendor with a dispensary you have to join their "collective" before you can do business with them. Prop 215 also allows you to "donate" part of your crop to the collective and be "reimbursed" for your the cost of your efforts. Denis Peron (who financed the proposition and wrote the bill) did a lecture at O'dam also and talked about how they deliberately put that in the wording so that people could make a reasonable living but not get rich. As far as being a card member, of course you have to do that because you cant be in possession of cannabis without it.

It's best to never put yourself in a situation to test the law in the first place. Don't tell anyone what you're doing, dont get greedy and do unto others...

Also, I happen to know that the guy rents the basement from my neighbor is growing and when she wanted to kick him out because he's a dodgy asshole, she had the sheriff come up there and told him what's going on and there was nothing they could do cause he has his MMJ card and pays the rent every month on time. So he's still living there and growing for money.

I don't have any evidence on hand. But I talked to a lawyer when I went to the Oaksterdam seminar and he said Prop 215 always overrides SB420, and in Prop 215 it says you can form a cooperative or a collective and when you become a vendor with a dispensary you have to join their "collective" before you can do business with them.

Chris Conrad was very informative, check his bio out. pretty interesting for a lawyer. As for the collective,I didn't consider that aspect. I am aware of collectives that are forming b4 there;s a dispensary. Been noticing a lot od delivery services popping up. And Some form collectives just to have enough plants to produce enough product to present to a dispensary. I've actually personally inquired about this. The couple dispensary reps I spoke with are looking for 1 lb min (oakland/berkely). I wasn't aware that when u become a vendor for a dispensary u had to join their collective (think I'll look into that some more thanks).[/QUOTE]

Prop 215 also allows you to "donate" part of your crop to the collective and be "reimbursed" for your the cost of your efforts. Denis Peron (who financed the proposition and wrote the bill) did a lecture at O'dam also and talked about how they deliberately put that in the wording so that people could make a reasonable living but not get rich.
I do remember him speaking of this but not sure. 215 was the 1st initiative (1996 CA), voted for it but not to sure of the details. I just know it had something to do with "compassionate use". Good point on the "donate" portion because the "reimbursement" is a donation as well (legally speaking) to recoup fund for light bills, nutes, etc.

As far as being a card member, of course you have to do that because you cant be in possession of cannabis without it.

I beg to differ. THIS IS A COMMON MISCONCEPTION. I found the legal aspects of the school hella boring, but I did pick up a few things along the way. I am almost sure of this one. YOUR CARD PROVIDES LITTLE TO ZERO LEGAL PROTECTION FROM A POSSESSION CHARGE (unless u have a state issued card I believe). Than means, Medicann and OCBC cards provide little to no legal protection, they only get u into dispensaries. U should always have a copy of your prescription from ur doc on ur person when U have meds in ur possession (on ur person, in ur house, car, or boat). UR DOCTORS PRESCRIPTION IS ONE OF UR MOST IMPORTANT FORMS OF PROTECTION FROM A POSSESSION CHARGE.

It's best to never put yourself in a situation to test the law in the first place. Don't tell anyone what you're doing, dont get greedy and do unto others...

I agree 100%. If I am wrong about any of this please let me know so I don't end up passing on the wrong info. I can accept being wrong and can take constructive criticism. If u do find err, please present evidence so that we all can be confident in the new info we pick up here. Any 1 want the same from me is welcome to PM me, I don't mind the research to validate a claim. Like I was saying, don't know a lot about the legal aspects, but always willing to learn nore (small portions at a time.) thanks and good bless. GOOD info in this thread.

I agree about the thread. I was reading more this morning and have a question regarding the collective/coop dispensary relationship. On your first visit to most clubs, CBS being the only exception to date, they take a photo copy of your paper license and your I.D. When they do this, and you initial and sign the accompanying forms, are you giving them the use of your license to grow? Has anyone ever asked? By last count, there could possibly be 42 plants growing using my prescription.

Forget y exactly. We know that local laws (city and county) have placed limits on the max (cannabis, edibles, plant material its all counted b4 making it to the evidence room)1 person can posses. When ur a caregiver one can assume the growing and I believe the possession quantities of the person/people in ur care (patients). Ur info (driver's license etc) is taken, compiled, and filed. If there's ever a question about the amount of meds or plants they (dispensary operators) can present the files of all of the dispensaries patients as evidence of adhering to the regulations. So if there is a dispensary and ur employees are considered caregivers then this multiplies the max amount that can be stored/in possession (in a dispensary). At least I think its something along those lines.

BWC BayArea, you're right about the actual doctor recommendation paperwork, have a copy of that with you at all times and put the original on the door of your grow room.

But really, no one should be getting caught unless they're fucking stupid and those people would probably grow shitty dope anyway. Just stay under 100 plants to be on the safe side, if something out of your control does happen, you wouldn't get jail time in most states if you get a decent lawyer, especially California.

:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom