Cooling without a/c?

420Yooper73

Hey guys..I’m looking for a ventilation solution for my grow room revamp project. My grow area is 560 cubic feet and is going to be sealed so I can supplement CO2. I will be running 3 3000 watt Mars Hydro led lights and a dehumidifier along with a recirculating system. My main problem is going to be heat. I just don’t have enough power to run an a/c in there...my question is...can I run a separate active ventilation system on a thermostat along with my recirculating system to cool the room down? I know I will lose CO2 that way so I was thinking of using two CO2 buckets instead of one to help keep the levels up. Any thoughts or other solutions would be awesome...except for add more power, cuz I just can’t without putting ina bigger service panel in my house and I just can’t do that yet.

First of all love the name. Are you a yooper as In the UP? Across the bridge?

I’ll never tell anybody how to grow but are you sure you’re co2 limited in that space?

could you give dimensions of your space?

thank you.

we will get it figured out

First of all love the name. Are you a yooper as In the UP? Across the bridge?

I’ll never tell anybody how to grow but are you sure you’re co2 limited in that space?

could you give dimensions of your space?

thank you.

we will get it figured out
Lol...yup, north of the might Mac and South of Canada :welldone::rofl::rofl:
Hey guys..I’m looking for a ventilation solution for my grow room revamp project. My grow area is 560 cubic feet and is going to be sealed so I can supplement CO2. I will be running 3 3000 watt Mars Hydro led lights and a dehumidifier along with a recirculating system. My main problem is going to be heat. I just don’t have enough power to run an a/c in there...my question is...can I run a separate active ventilation system on a thermostat along with my recirculating system to cool the room down? I know I will lose CO2 that way so I was thinking of using two CO2 buckets instead of one to help keep the levels up. Any thoughts or other solutions would be awesome...except for add more power, cuz I just can’t without putting ina bigger service panel in my house and I just can’t do that yet.
Lol, yup North of the Mighty Mac and just South of Canada haha. The dimensions of my room are 5x14x8...I just figured I would try extra CO2 since I was throwing so much light at the girls...I will be Scrogging 12 lovely ladies in there. I did 12 last time but it wasn’t sealed and my lights were absolutely crap but I still had decent results.

If you're unable to spend the money to do it right something will always be lacking. You'll waste money dumping Co2 out the exhaust. How many buckets of Co2 equal an appropriate electrical panel?

Odds are you can air cool that space without co2 and be just fine. Evaporative coolers use less energy but will raise humidity and don't provide as much cooling.

If you're unable to spend the money to do it right something will always be lacking. You'll waste money dumping Co2 out the exhaust. How many buckets of Co2 equal an appropriate electrical panel?

Odds are you can air cool that space without co2 and be just fine. Evaporative coolers use less energy but will raise humidity and don't provide as much cooling.
Thank you for the reply..I know it’s not the ideal situation and I’m working on a better long term solution but for the short term I still need to grow indoors...we are asshole deep in snow right now..lol. As far as a new electrical panel goes...it will be at least $3000.00 to be purchased and installed...I can do most of it myself but an electrician would still need to do some work and they are not cheap. I can get a lot of CO2 buckets for three grand...and plus this is only short term.

So I see you are newer here. Have you grown before?

I’ve grown once before...12 plants in the space I’m asking about but it was very unfinished...I basically did everything wrong and still ended up with some great smoke...I just want to do better next time..so I’m doing tons of research and asking a lot of questions. I’m just trying to find the best setup for the space I have right now

Sounds like you have a great start. I’ve never used co2 it scares me lol.

there are lots of great people here. When you start a grow I’d suggest starting a journal and you’ll have more than enough guidance

Sounds like you have a great start. I’ve never used co2 it scares me lol.

there are lots of great people here. When you start a grow I’d suggest starting a journal and you’ll have more than enough guidance
I will certainly do that...I have till next Fall to get it figured out. My wife got me a 10x20 hoop house for Christmas so I’m going to try that out for my Summer grow and see how that goes:rofl:

Ditch the c02, won't help really untill yer a seasoned grower

Portable AC works great, vent outside or in the attic, some font pull that much juice . Or pull a 10g extension cord from a dedicated plug, garage, for the AC unit

If it's an attic, pull air from downstairs, push into the room

I've ran in the upper 80s to low 90s with no issues. Good air movement is yer friend

Thank you for the reply..I know it’s not the ideal situation and I’m working on a better long term solution but for the short term I still need to grow indoors...we are asshole deep in snow right now..lol. As far as a new electrical panel goes...it will be at least $3000.00 to be purchased and installed...I can do most of it myself but an electrician would still need to do some work and they are not cheap. I can get a lot of CO2 buckets for three grand...and plus this is only short term.
I see you are very active on here and obviously a very experienced grower...that’s great and I’m very thankful for your advice. So in your opinion..is supplemental CO2 worth it in my situation or should I just skip it and run with an active ventilation system?

Ditch the c02, won't help really untill yer a seasoned grower

Portable AC works great, vent outside or in the attic, some font pull that much juice . Or pull a 10g extension cord from a dedicated plug, garage, for the AC unit

If it's an attic, pull air from downstairs, push into the room

I've ran in the upper 80s to low 90s with no issues. Good air movement is yer friend
Thank you for your advice...I just might skip the CO2...I wish I had a dedicated circuit, but with a wife and 5 kids in the house...my excess power is limited at best and I have a 200 amp service..ugh

Back
Top Bottom