Crop King Seeds Grow #2 White Cookie & Crown Royal Grow

G00ch

This is going to be the start of my second grow even though the first one is still going on, they are about to go into the flower chamber, and this is the ones that are being germinated now. I started 3 white cookies and 1 crown royal, and i will be taking a clone or 2 and starting them also.

re: Crop King Seeds Grow #2 White Cookie & Crown Royal Grow

ok so no update on the germination obviously since i just did it earlier. But i was pondering how i was going to approach setting the seedling, my previous grow i used rockwool into clay. Was a bit costly i think i spent 60 on clay for 6 buckets, then i order 6 sure to grow inserts for $24, no other medium necessary. So i took one of the sure to grow and cut it into pieces big enough to fit into the insert and grow substantial roots, but i was missing a means to hold them individually and keep them compact and mobile. So i was blazing some cherry pie i purchased and i was really deep into thoughts listening to the JRE podcast it was his first live one on youtube it was awesome. Then i happen to glance to my lest and something caught my eye. It was a small plastic pringles container, that was eerily similar in size to the cubes i cut out, so i proceeded to cut some drainage holes in the bottom and i will flood and drain them manually untill significant root growth has taken then i will put them in the larger insert and off to the races we go.
cups-for-sure-to-grow.jpg

just got 2 taproots one crown royal and one white cookies, the other 2 white cookies are just starting to show hopefully later tonight or tomorrow they will be ready, i have put the first 2 into sure to grow with just plain water

I would appreciate any and all input, I currently have 4 germinated seeds waiting for them to pop up, I see 2 that are rising. I will also fill out the veg tent with some clones but i am so nervous because i have never done it so i am trying to get all my ducks in a row before i try. I have the crown royal mother ready to have clones taken just need to get up the nerve, I may clip on tonight and see what happens

edit..
I ordered the new ebba and flow controller with fill bucket should be in this week i will post the build on here also the cost was $129 and i was to buy one online already built it would be $250

Cloning? Its easy.....dont get caught up in all this crap people use like rooting gels and powders...mother nature didnt have thise things so why do you!!... cut your clones 4to 5 inches long... leave a set of leaves and a top shoot.... stick it into whatever your cloning it in.... i use a bubble cloner... with a heating mat and airstone and pump... keep the water warm 75+ and make sure your tote is airtight.... heat and bubbles popping make a frenzy ground for roots...

Heat mat
Tote
Pool noddle.... holds your clones
Airstone
Air pump.

Thats a easy cloner for under 30 bucks if you buy stuff on sale... ps dont matter if the cuttings are in the water or out they root either way...

I take it your ready to flip this plant to flower... just so you know you can usually take clones off the bottom of the plant up to 21 days into flower so unless you have a retardedly bright light your gonna have to cut the bottom branches off anyways so take your clones than..... just some fyi but since its your first time take your cuttings now but cut your lower branches... its much faster and easier for clones to root on a plant thats still in veg... if your cut them while theyre flowering its takes longer for them to root and youll sometimes end up with weird growth or "mutants" like everyone here calls them...

well i was planning on letting my plants go 70's hippy style and not trim it at all(the ones in the flower tent). I have 1 plant i am keeping in veg 24/7 and taking clones off her. I took one from the bottom, and put it in the oxyclone with a small amount of root solution in it. It appears to be starting to root, its been 3 days i think.
here is an update on the new seeds
looks like 3 might be going 1 is doa and 2 of the 3 look ok i think
seedlings-waiting.jpg
seedlings56.jpg

seedling-10-24.jpg

I find when you start seeing yellow leaves up top its a sign you got roots and they want food... its sorta like when theyre blooming you dont wanna handle them much. Someone jump in if im wrong im newbie to this stuff too

yea i am feeding with super light nutes to try and coax them to grow, i am keeping them in the shade for some time I may have to try again using rockwool instead of the stg for the seedlings

well the stuff i am using now is called sure to grow, i had success with rockwool with my last seeds, but i really wanted to get this sure to grow stuff going but its hard to get seeds going i may have better luck with clones, although 3 out of 4 are almost taking off

Subscribed GOOch, now I have to head over to your first journal and get caught up there.

about to germ 2 more white cookies and these 2 will go into rockwool then into stg and we will see how that goes
I am going to post a vid of the process i use to germinate

here are the 3 seedlings i started in Sure to grow STG its a difficult medium to start with from seed, the seedling sprouting up has a hard time finding its way out, and the crown royal seed is a good example of that
White cookies
10-30-wc2.jpg

White cookies
10-30-wc.jpg

Crown royal
10-30-cr.jpg

I am giving the seedlings their first full bath in nutes they are at 5.5, 72f, 420ppm 15 minute bath I am at 2 weeks so it seems appropriate

i am now having a great day, i just checked on my clone the first first clone i ever attempted to take, and i have 2 long roots coming out. I about passed out its been well over a week i had almost given up, Now i am going to take care of this mite problem and clone the shite out of the mother and have a full tent for next run while i grow out a mother for white cookies
clone-roots-11-2-15.jpg

Back
Top Bottom