First Grow - CropKing Seeds Early Miss Auto & Crown Royale

There wasn't really anything to do with the ladies today, both seem quite happy and both have had noticeable growth since yesterday's feeding. The Early Miss has really gained some height (or the Crown Royale shrunk), they were the same height yesterday! The smell in the cabinet today is very strong so I think that maybe the auto is maybe about to begin her preflower :high-five:

I was in a bit of a hurry so wasn't able to swap to the T5 for the picture but here's a side by side of the two lovely ladies.

20151003_160708.jpg

This is awesome! I have 4 Crown Royale seeds in a glass of water getting ready for germination oh yeah their Feminized too. I was hoping to follow your progress & vice versa of course. Hope your Grow Goes Great, donnyd63...

Hello again everyone!

Just a bit of an update and a request for some input.

Both plants have grown at least a couple of inches since a couple of days ago. Earlier on, the Early Miss suffered a little bit of a pH fluctuation so I flushed with 6.0 water until 6.0 came out then left her alone until she dried up and gave her a light feeding. As you can see, she's not in bad shape but, the yellowing looks to me kind of like nute burn -- any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Also with the Early Miss I noticed color starting to lighten up a tad between veins that I believe is the beginning of magnesium deficiency which is apparently just part of life under a led.

The Crown Royale is not moving as fast as the Early Miss but the CR also isn't an auto but she's doing nicely. The only negative thing that I noticed was that new growth is coming in kind of spiraled, from what I've researched, that's just from being a tad too close to the led so I moved it up a bit and will keep an eye out to see if the new growth begins to straighten out.

Today I mixed 2 liters of water with 5ml(1 tsp) molasses and 1.25ml(1/4 tsp) Cal-Mag. The pH came out naturally to 6.1 so I left it alone. Each plant was fed 1 liter.

20151005_150728.jpg

Above is the Early Miss smiling for the camera. Any thoughts on what the burned leaves could be from? Nute Burn? I can get a better pic, just noticed that this one doesn't show it very well.

20151005_150736.jpg

Above is the Crown Royale just hanging out getting a tan. I should be feeding her tomato juice cause she smells like a skunk! :rofl:

20151005_150744.jpg

Group shot! I think it was 4 days ago that they were both equal height.

I'm hoping that the EM will hit preflower pretty quick, today she's 4 weeks old :partyboy:

I'd like to flip the CR to 12/12 as soon as the auto finishes her stretch and be able to harvest them within a week or so of each other. Crop King's literature says the EM is 7 week and the CR is 9 week, I know it's optimistic and it'll take longer but hopefully they finish within a couple weeks of each other.

Thanks for stopping by!

to me it looks like a ph issue not uptaking some nutes, I thought dirt ph was 6.5-7.3 and hydro was 5.5-6.3. I could have swore that what i read when i was looking for answers to my dirt problem.

The dehumidifier, inline fan and variable fan speed controller that I ordered arrived today so I'm quite pleased to get the dehumidifier in the cabinet.

Today was pretty busy so, of course, I forgot to grab the duct clamps and other hardware that I need to connect the fan and get the exhaust vented outside. I really need to make up my mind about where I want to exhaust to... attic which is already vented to the outside at each end of the roof or, out through a window to the great outdoors. I'm kinda leaning towards the attic but also don't really want to punch a hole in the ceiling.

Any pros or cons for either that anyone can think of? I'd love to hear them. I probably won't be able to get to this until the weekend unless the dehumidifier just isn't cutting it, the cabinet reaches up to 80% humidity but generally sits at about 70%-ish.

to me it looks like a ph issue not uptaking some nutes, I thought dirt ph was 6.5-7.3 and hydro was 5.5-6.3. I could have swore that what i read when i was looking for answers to my dirt problem.

That could very well be G00ch. It certainly makes sense and, like everything, there's so many opinions about everything but I think that you are probably right. I've been sticking between 6.0-6.2 and even dropped to 5.7 a couple of times due to my pH meter going out of calibration.

Thanks man! +rep

Looong day at work so not too much to update with, and no pics sorry 'bout that. I did find some time to work on my other project while waiting on contractors but that's in my Geek Meets Grow thread (link in my sig).

The ladies are doing well and the new dehumidifier has been doing a great job, 24 hours and it's collected about 1.5 cups of water and humidity is now at a high of roughly 70% instead of 80%.

I plugged in the new inline fan and speed controller to check it out and OMG what a huge difference in air flow compared to the booster fan that's currently in place.. I really can't wait to get this thing in place and, having it vented outside of the room should, hopefully, negate the need for the dehumidifier.

My new Mars 96x5w Reflector is still on track to arrive this Thursday so I'm pretty pumped about that as I'm pretty sure that the extra penetration that it'll offer will boost my yield. I do plan to run it alongside my current Apolo 300W (100x3w) so will wind up with 780w of LED love at just the right time... just a tad before the Early Miss goes into pre-flower and when she's done her stretch I'll flip to 12/12 to induce the Crown Royale.

When I got home, I flushed the EM with 3 gallons of plain water pH'd to 6.6 and the run off gave me 6.4 and was clear so I really hope that the pH fluctuation problem that I was having is now a thing of the past. Thanks again G00ch for cluing me in on that! The CR, oddly, doesn't seem nearly as finicky as she used to be so, I left her alone. In all fairness, the finickiness was/is most likely me being a first time grower lol.

Ahhh, good times!

Thanks for stopping in!

So not too bad of progress over the past couple of days, plants are doing well and I was finally able get enough time all at once to get the inline fan hooked up and vented out through the attic.

I think that having that inline fan working will be a game changer for me because within 5 minutes of it running temperature dropped from 81F to 73F but, more importantly, humidity dropped from 82% to 63% and that was only running the fan at about half speed. I've since dropped it to roughly 25% speed and will keep an eye on it to get it dialed in. Having said that, what do you use for a target temp and humidity range?

Sorry in advance for the purple photos, I just had too much going on at the cabinet with tools and such to swap over to the T5 but I'll use it next time.

Yesterday the Crown Royale was showing signs of heat/light stress (leaves at the top curling upwards) so I raised the light about 6 inches and it seems happier now.

20151008_154643.jpg

Above is the Crown Royale, she seems to be pretty happy now and is getting lots of bud sites which is great because I'll be flipping the lights to 12/12 pretty quick so, the more the merrier!

20151008_154648.jpg

Above is the Early Miss who started pre-flower yesterday!! A bit later this evening I'll be moving a few of the LST sites on the smart pot to even her canopy out a bit better.

20151008_154657.jpg

A shot of the pre-flower on the EM which is likely a bit hard to see, sorry again, I'll get a nicer shot tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping in!

Yes i find my feminized crown royal are very sensitive to light being to close I have burnt mine 3 times finally i just moved the stupid light all the way up and turned the ballast down

Yeah they are pretty fussy about light and I can't say that I'm not a little worried about what's going to happen when I plug in the Mars 96x5 Reflector, I may have to stick with only it and put away my Apolo 300W until next grow when I can hopefully run both lights. I'm hopeful that part of that problem will be resolved by the lesser heat and humidity but only a bit of time can tell that.

I have 4 Crown Royale seeds left and I don't think that I'll pop another until I can get something taller to grow it in. The White Widows are looking mighty tasty so I may need to get some in soon to have on hand but, I'm going to hold out a little bit and see if Crop King releases the two new strains they mentioned recently. :volcano-smiley:

I have 2 crown royal going one is going to be a mother and im gonna grab clones and see what i can with that, I have some really thick branches, and the other is going into the flower chamber with some wonderwoman, bubbleicious and hindu kush clones. I am hoping the crown royal clones take to the lights better. I have a 600w running at 50% i might turn it up to 75 this weekend

Flushed the Crown Royale today in preparation for transition mix of nutes. She seems happiest with a pH in the low 6's (6.1-6.4) so I flushed with 6.2 until 6.2 came out.. about 3 gallons.

Fed the Early Miss 2 liters mixed with 2ml each of Micro, Grow and Bloom and 1.5ml of Cal-Mag pH'd to 6.4.

20151009_150817.jpg

Above is the Crown Royale, she's a bit droopy still from being flushed.

20151009_151156.jpg

Above is the Early Miss. I did move and add some LST spots yesterday evening and also removed the dead leaves from the earlier pH fluctuation and, I think, a touch of nute burn.

20151009_151144.jpg

And a closeup of the main top to show some of the pre-flower, had the fan on so it was moving a tad but hopefully clear enough.

Unfortunately, my new Mars LED still hasn't arrived (was supposed to be here yesterday) so, it'll be at least Tuesday before it comes as Monday is Thanksgiving holiday here in Canada.

I would recommend fluxuating the ph each time you add nutes, reason being certain nutrients are not able to uptake at the lower ph levels, I am not sure how to adjust this for dirt but in hydro as the fluids are exposed to the medium and the plant the ph raises up usually. But the crown royal looks a little saggy, suggesting not getting enough food. just my opinion and i am a first time grower, but my plants seem more perky and were similar to yours before i got thr ph under control

Definitely looking real proper as far as Healthy Green. I don't see any real Trauma. These little Girlz are going 2 be just fine in my opinion. I really am humbled by the fact that I had a Family Emergency that kept me away for 4 days (just got in 3 am) My Crown seeds have long expired so I'm starting from scratch again. All things considered however It may still work out for me in the long run Eh. I will offer any sound advice to your Grow as I'm still pumped about watching your lovely Ladies Mature to Harvest. I wish U An Awesome Grow Brother.:goodjob:

I would recommend fluxuating the ph each time you add nutes, reason being certain nutrients are not able to uptake at the lower ph levels, I am not sure how to adjust this for dirt but in hydro as the fluids are exposed to the medium and the plant the ph raises up usually. But the crown royal looks a little saggy, suggesting not getting enough food. just my opinion and i am a first time grower, but my plants seem more perky and were similar to yours before i got thr ph under control

Hi G00ch, thanks for your reply! :thanks:

I had previously been bumping the pH up and down a little bit each feeding/watering but was also doing the same mix for both plants (2 different strains) but saw that in mid to late veg either one plant would like what they were given while the other wasn't so happy or vise versa. Now they each get their own mix.

I've learned that for soil (or at least plain pro-mix), the Crown Royale seems to prefer the low 6's (6.1-6.4), while the Early Miss likes it more in the mid 6's (6.3-6.7) and if I stray too far outside of those bounds, they show signs of pH fluctuation and/or deficiency.

The picture of the Crown Royale above is droopy looking because it had just been flushed with 3 gallons of plain water pH'd to 6.2 because I plan to flip nute and lighting to 12/12 to induce flowering sometime within a week and I just wanted to clean out any salts that may have built up during veg. It's a bit smaller that what I had wanted it to be for this but by that time the Early Miss should be done her pre-flower stretch and, in all honesty, I don't want to let the CR get too tall simply because of the height she'll gain early flower combined with how finicky she is to the light distance.

Definitely looking real proper as far as Healthy Green. I don't see any real Trauma. These little Girlz are going 2 be just fine in my opinion. I really am humbled by the fact that I had a Family Emergency that kept me away for 4 days (just got in 3 am) My Crown seeds have long expired so I'm starting from scratch again. All things considered however It may still work out for me in the long run Eh. I will offer any sound advice to your Grow as I'm still pumped about watching your lovely Ladies Mature to Harvest. I wish U An Awesome Grow Brother.:goodjob:

Hi donny, thanks for stopping by!

Sorry to hear about your emergency, and your seeds. I'll bet that your CR grow will turn out well, just make sure to go light on the nutes and pH and high distance with the lights for at least veg cycle, I couldn't say for flowering as I'm just about to get to that point.

Positive vibes back at you! :goodluck: :high-five:

If you start a journal, put a link to it or put it in your signature, I'd like to stop by and see how you're making out.

Back
Top Bottom