Early Miss Auto Feminized

Day 90 for my Early Miss auto. She's doing pretty good, the main cola is getting fatter, but I don't see her finishing up until maybe 105-120 days. That's a long time to have to wait for something called "Early" Miss.
20170524_091409.jpg

Buds are fattening up on Day 96. I expected to see more yellowing and leaf die off at this stage which is a good clue that harvest date is near. This Early girl though is going to hang on for a while yet. Like I said in the previous post I don't see her finishing for a while yet. Good progress is being made every day and I can see definite changes every new day I check on her. Right now she's back under something like 200 watts of CFL and seems to be enjoying it. Probably later this week I'll be able to put her back under my 400 HPS.
20170529_151755.jpg
20170529_151721.jpg
20170529_151644.jpg

LOL, well that's the glass half-full attitude I guess, Demonic. But 14 weeks! Still, you're right because the main cola is starting to feel like the size of a Coke can. :) I've also got 2 other Early Miss babies growing for the past month and at the rate they're growing I think they'll catch up to the big one quite soon.

Photos of my Early Miss at 106 days. The top cola is pretty thick and a few of the others are coming along but I'd say it's still got a good 10 days to two weeks before she's at prime harvesting stage. I checked the trichomes with my new, $25.00, (not worth shit), magnifer and I can see that a small percentage of the tricchs are clouding over but for the most part it's like looking at a crystal clear diamond bracelet nothing but
20170608_105143.jpg
clear sparkles. lol.

I made the decision not to remove any leaves, even as they are clearly yellowing and dying. My thinking is that food is stored in the leaves and even as they are dying they are still sending food to the buds.

20170608_105217.jpg
20170608_105230.jpg

Photos of my Early Miss at 106 days. The top cola is pretty thick and a few of the others are coming along but I'd say it's still got a good 10 days to two weeks before she's at prime harvesting stage. I checked the trichomes with my new, $25.00, (not worth shit), magnifer and I can see that a small percentage of the tricchs are clouding over but for the most part it's like looking at a crystal clear diamond bracelet nothing but
20170608_105143.jpg
clear sparkles. lol.
She looks beautiful Clancy..... Yea you seem to have awhile yet. Weird how this is starting to happen with CKS seeds lately. Just keep doing what you are doing and check tricombs for clowdy and some amber. Your doing great just give her more time. You are pulling some serious weight my friend.

I made the decision not to remove any leaves, even as they are clearly yellowing and dying. My thinking is that food is stored in the leaves and even as they are dying they are still sending food to the buds.

20170608_105217.jpg
20170608_105230.jpg
Can I make a suggestion? I pulled the really dead leaves off as being out in a shed it may attract bugs. I would hate to see your grow go to crap when you are so close.

Today, Day 109, I cut down the main cola and a couple other fatter ones as well. The main cola was hella impressive...I couldn't close my hand around it. No pictures of the freshly cut bud because I forgot my camera; it's trimmed already but when it dries I'll get some. I decided to harvest in stages starting with the fat cola. Over the next week I'll harvest more from the next tier of buds. I plan on letting the bottom level of buds grow more over the next two weeks. I could cut it all now but I'm thinking, I'll let her run for a while and see what develops...quite literally. I'll post a photo or two of the results of her hair cut later.

20170613_111856.jpg

This is the view of the plant from the side that shows the missing cola. The other side of the plant still looks normal.

20170613_111752.jpg
10 days will bring.

She's not looking too bad. I believe there's still some growth and weight to take on so I'm looking forward to what the next

So, I cut down all of the ready buds on my Early Miss and left a lot of immature ones on the plant. Once I cut it I took it outside to the garden, watered it well and left it to do some more growing.

I had cut some bud off earlier to use right away (basically drying them in my vaporizer) and the results are quite good. A typical experience for me I'd say--except it may not be as long lasting as I'd like but really nothing to complain about. If the last harvest I did gets any better with proper drying and curing it'll be great.

Btw, I used my magnifier and saw that what i had was virtually all cloudy trichs--not one amber head, just full-tilt cloudy. I think the last EM I grew also had little amber when I harvested. And still the quality is good.

Back
Top Bottom