Early Miss Auto Feminized

I'm noticing a bit pf mottling; small yellow/beige spots on a few of the leaves. I thought it might be remnants of the leaf burn but I don't know for sure. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's something relating to nutrient deficiency so hopefully last nights addition of nutes will help.

I still haven't checked ph but I will...need to get out and buy a digital ph pen I guess. It could very well be a ph problem.
20170322_132118.jpg

Well, the warmer temps seems to be encouraging some growth. Now she's starting to look her age. I think since my last set of photos she has put on a couple of inches of height. Yesterday I put a half-strength dose of Schultz 15-15-15 fertilizer in 2 litres of water on her.
20170325_141004.jpg
Doing good just be careful with those nutes you should be using advanced nutrients. Lol the ones you are using are very very strong for those plants

Sent from my SGH-I337M using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm noticing a bit pf mottling; small yellow/beige spots on a few of the leaves. I thought it might be remnants of the leaf burn but I don't know for sure. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's something relating to nutrient deficiency so hopefully last nights addition of nutes will help.

I still haven't checked ph but I will...need to get out and buy a digital ph pen I guess. It could very well be a ph problem.
20170322_132118.jpg
You better check your ph. And like I had mentioned those nutes aren't meant for these plants. It could be the nutes too

Sent from my SGH-I337M using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for the guidance, DA. The nutes I used were 15-15-15. Do you know what the NPK ratio is for the advanced nutes product? You are likely right tho' because I just checked the plants and in just a few hours the mottling seems to be spreading.

Well, the Little Miss is 32 days old today; no photos because I'm still waiting on 420 Mag staff to figure out why I cannot post photos anymore. I've tried on my Android as well as my Mac and nothing works.

The plant is growing well and has put on a good 2-3 inches since my last photos. Everything is looking healthy. The spotting I saw on some of the leaves looks like whatever the problem was has resolved itself because the spotting hasn't spread at all.

I've given one shot of diluted fertilizer and plenty of water and she seems happy. There's so much peat in the pot that she doesn't need watering very often...of course temps have not been very high, the grow box isn' too hot so there a lot less evaporation than I get in the summer months when my grow box regularly hits the high 90 degrees and stays that high throughout the day and evening.

I'll be posting more pics of as soon as I get things cleared up...kinda hard to do a grow journal with no photos. :(

Hey Clancy! Just popped in, I lost your journal for some reason, but now I'm happy to have found it again and glad to see the plant is doing well. Some growers just lower or raise the light an inch or two for temp issues. The space heater swtiches on and off when it senses temperature changes but can send a hot blast of heat into one area and can fry your plant. try lowering the light if the space heater is causing issues. 420 mag is a pain sometimes to upload. be persistent:thumb:

Thanks for the guidance, DA. The nutes I used were 15-15-15. Do you know what the NPK ratio is for the advanced nutes product? You are likely right tho' because I just checked the plants and in just a few hours the mottling seems to be spreading.
It all depends on what advanced nutes you give them. Grow is 1-0-4, Micro is 2-0-0, Bloom is 1-3-4. Lower numbers and made perfect for Cannabis

Well, I finally have been able to post photos in my journal again. My Early Miss has been travelling and is growing well. I left her alone for 3 weeks a while back and she did miss out on some water and some leaves died but she has recovered well as is growing strong: This is the Early Miss at about 30 days.

20170322_132025.jpg
20170322_132118.jpg

I just noticed that I had alrady posted the last two photos...if I can find out how I'll remove them.

Here's how the Little Miss is doing at about 63-65 days. I gave it a feeding of about 1/4 strength tomato plant fertilizer. That's what I 've always used and results have not been bad in the past so I'm sticking with it for now. I also never got around to checking Ph levels and the heat inside the grow box has been quite high 25-35 degrees, as is usual for my grows it seems. I try to control the temps but unless I get an airconditioner the plants will just have to deal with the heat.

20170502_110105.jpg
20170502_105910.jpg

Today is Day 75. I say it's Day 75 but if I count from seed to today it's probably more like 85 days. I decided to start counting from the day the plant had it's first true cannabis-shaped leaves....those little serrated edges that we see on the 2nd set of leaves. Judging by the look of the buds I'd estimate I'm looking at another 2 weeks minimum if not 3 weeks.

So much for the 8 weeks that CropKing predicts. I can't blame it entirely on CK though because I'm terribly rough on my plants...too much travel, they get banged around a lot. Early on in a hotel the lights I had hastily rigged up fell on the plant...you can see the resulting crooked main stem where the main bud cola is coming in.
20170510_142227.jpg

I had to move my plant again so it's no longer under the 400w light. Now it's back under the 250W of CFL that it started its life under. Here's another shot of the main cola at 75 Days. The hairs are starting to turn colour, at least on the main stem, but the other buds are still white and more immature looking...the plants has a lot of bud sites and I can see why some people recommend harvesting some autos a little at a time. The main cola will be ready much before the rest of the bud sites. I don't mind that though.

I water about 1 1/2 litres every 3 -4 days with fertilizer every 2nd watering for now. I've got some bloom fertilizer that's 15-30-15. I've used it before and no issues so far.

20170510_142146.jpg

Holy Cow! What the hell happened? How can so many leaves droop and turn yellow overnight??? --I checked the plant yesterday and it looked great--no visible issues at all. Today it looks like it's dying. Does any one have an idea. It did seem slightly light in terms of water so I just gave it lots...the last time I watered it was a few days ago...I'm wondering if I overwatered then---I doubt it though, never have done that before. I gave it a tiny bit of some cheap bloom fertilizer a few days ago too...it's NPK is 15-30-15.

20170513_113243.png
20170513_113213.png

I did some reading and a lot of the texts say that it's likely a nitrogen or magnesium deficiency. That's possible since I don't us very much fertilizer at all. I'm also wondering if the sudden shift from 24/24 light to 20/24 just the last couple of days has caused the yellowing and drooping--shock? I've also recently gone from 400w (HPS) to 300 CFL The main cola seems still fine and fattening but the vast majority of other bud suites are still very small--developing well but slow. Usually I don't worry about yellowing leaves because it happens naturally with age but this seems different. here's a photo of the main stem.
20170513_113050.png

I did some reading and a lot of the texts say that it's likely a nitrogen or magnesium deficiency. That's possible since I don't us very much fertilizer at all. I'm also wondering if the sudden shift from 24/24 light to 20/24 just the last couple of days has caused the yellowing and drooping--shock? I've also recently gone from 400w (HPS) to 300 CFL The main cola seems still fine and fattening but the vast majority of other bud suites are still very small--developing well but slow. Usually I don't worry about yellowing leaves because it happens naturally with age but this seems different. here's a photo of the main stem.
20170513_113050.png
What's your water PH and run off in PH? Looks like rootbound or lockout to me

Hi Demonic, thanks for responding. I'm in a place for now where it's impossible to get my hands on a ph tester. I'll order one. I also learned that the water I'm using is extremely soft...so extremely low that it lacks magnesium and calcium carbonate ions. The use of that water coincides with the leaves yellowing. What do you make of this? Do you know if the plants get their cal and mag from the water or from the fertilizer?

I just checked it...like 4 hours after after watering and it looks a whole lot better. The droopiness is gone--it's perked up a lot. I think I still need to check the ph as Demonic recommends but I'm relieved that it's looking alive again.

Hi Demonic, thanks for responding. I'm in a place for now where it's impossible to get my hands on a ph tester. I'll order one. I also learned that the water I'm using is extremely soft...so extremely low that it lacks magnesium and calcium carbonate ions. The use of that water coincides with the leaves yellowing. What do you make of this? Do you know if the plants get their cal and mag from the water or from the fertilizer?
You'll have to get some cal mag and provide it for the plants Clancy

I just checked it...like 4 hours after after watering and it looks a whole lot better. The droopiness is gone--it's perked up a lot. I think I still need to check the ph as Demonic recommends but I'm relieved that it's looking alive again.
Yes you'll need a ph pen anyway you look at it Clancy. I know things can get tight but it's basically a must for growers

Back
Top Bottom