Curling Leaves - Wild Lady Sativa

CBD BudMan

I've got a beautiful sativa, Wild Lady from @Table Mountain Sativa Co , that's got some curling of the large fan leaves... most of them, in fact. Can people here please help me figure out what's going on, please?

Some history:
So, there's been a few spider mites on her... and there's been a much larger infestation of black scale as well. This is when I 1st noticed 2 or 3 leaflets curling at the tips. I started treating by spraying all the plants with neem seed oil, once a week. After the second treatment, I added Take Down RTU to the weekly schedule. I then changed to twice a week with the Take Down, stopping the neem on all the plants after seeing some "tacoing" of the fan leaves on the Wild Lady.

It appears to me that the Wild Lady is showing some heat stress as she's been a bit droopy. Symptoms of heat stress have now been reduced greatly after stopping the neem and continuing to spray with Take Down every 4 days... but the leaf curling is continuing to increase to most of the fan leaves. If the morning temps are cooler, the droopiness is almost gone, but not quite.

None of the other plants have shown any signs of droopiness, leaf tacoing, or leaf curling... Only the Wild Lady. My Hydro Shop guy doesn't feel like there's anything to worry about, but I'm the one in my garden, and I'm of the opinion that this is not good at all.

Please help me with your thoughts, diagnosis, recommendations and/or anything else that may be helpful.
Here are some pics:

Thank you so much for your help on this... :adore:
I Love My Girls... :smokin:

Whats your feeding regiment? N toxicity possibly?
Oh wow! Your reply triggers some things I've forgotten to include here. So, thank you. :thanks:
Right now, I'm feeding GeoFlora Veg, every 2 weeks as per instructions on the bag and as per this site. However, much earlier, I did add some Blood Meal from Down To Earth as a top dress, then later, regular waterings with Chicken Soup For The Soil and Neptune's Harvest seaweed plant food, which is liquid kelp. I've also used Mycos from Xtreme® Gardening each time I've up-potted, which is twice now.

As I'm typing this out, I can see that you are quite probably correct with the "N toxicity..." with the blood meal basically being the main culprit here. This is also due to my observation of rather long spaces between nodes (3.25" between 5th & 6th and 4" between 6th and 7th, and a more normal 1.5" ish above this) on the Wild Lady cultivar. Because the blood meal was a top dress, it's breaking down and is giving more N over time. All plants have been feed the very same, with no other plants having such large spacing between nodes as my Wild Lady, nor any other negatives.

What are your thoughts on my assessments here? Also, what corrective measures should I take?
Here's a link to my grow journal, if that helps.
Thank you so much for your help. :thanks: I deeply appreciate you.

Oh yes! I use the same blood meal and it’s an excellent source of nitrogen and iron. Along with all the other amendments, I would say yes, nitrogen is the issue here. Try flushing next watering with a good amount of run off and get rid of it. Just water after that for a bit before attempting to top dress again.

Oh yes! I use the same blood meal and it’s an excellent source of nitrogen and iron. Along with all the other amendments, I would say yes, nitrogen is the issue here. Try flushing next watering with a good amount of run off and get rid of it. Just water after that for a bit before attempting to top dress again.
This sounds like a good plan... :thanks: @Janluna! It's funny how just this cultivar is affected and not the others, even though they're all "landrace sativa" cultivars... Hmmm.

Just poking my head in here. 😊 I agree with the blood meal being too hot to top dress. It's great for nitrogen but easily overdone. It's a quick release, so it's readily available. If top dressing your pots are of interest to you might I recommend something slower releasing like feather meal, or if that's too slow releasing for try some nitrogen rich bat guano. That nitrogen rich bat guano also brings chitosan to the table. Most bat guano is phosphorus rich from fruit feeding bats, but the nitrogen rich comes from insect feeding bats. All in all you caught the issue rather quick and your plant still looks lovely.

Back
Top Bottom