Decarboxylation for brownie recipe question

rocks911

I want to make a batch of weed brownies. I know the amount of weed Im gonna use but the process confuses me.

As I understand it the weed must be ground and decarboxylation must occur. I plan on doing that in a small pan with Cannola oil (what I typically use for my brownie recipe) and I have read that the target is 220 degrees F for 30-45 minutes (though I might use a cookie sheet and then transfer to oil for more accurate temp regulation) and that heating it too much will cause it to lose terpenes and just generally lose potency.

If that is all true, what then happens when we bake our brownies at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes?

Hi Rocks911...Decarb the weed at 225 f for 45 mins, get some parchment paper cover a cookie sheet and then crumble your weed on top evenly spread it out then put it in the oven to decarb for the 45mins. Make sure your weed is dry before decarbing or you will see a smoke or steam like vapor come off don't worry that happens sometimes if moister is still in the weed. after that process is complete while your weed is cooling off, you decide what step to take next either just throw the decarb weed strait in the brownie batter and bake at 250f for 1hr or do one better, use a double boiler to marinate the weed in coconut oil for 3 hrs at a simmer you can add water if you wish so you don't burn the oil. after it has simmered together put mixer in fridge for 3hrs or till soild or 30mins in freezer, poke hole in solid coconut oil drain out extra left over water. Done!... Now you have canna coconut oil which can be melted into any food or candy you like, cause it has no noticable coconut taste to it. Also allowing you to easily know the dose strength of your edibles.... wait that is, you do know how to dose your edibles right? ..lol... If not start of low like 2.5 to 5ml in an edible first, till you know how you handle edibles, If you have had edibles before well then enjoy a stronger dose!
1566955160863.gif
Cheers...

my twobits

remember this,, will never fail you,,

110 at 110

a hundred ten minutes at 110 degrees,, celcius

and decarbing right from harvest is just fine,, tho i usually decarb around the time the nugs have hung and dried for a few days,, around jarring time,, sorta,,

break into slightly smaller than popped popcorn bites , lay out on a baking sheet, or two,, and enjoy the aroma.

and chewed on just like that is everything about the buzz minus the calories :thumb:

cheers

my twobits

remember this,, will never fail you,,

110 at 110

a hundred ten minutes at 110 degrees,, celcius

and decarbing right from harvest is just fine,, tho i usually decarb around the time the nugs have hung and dried for a few days,, around jarring time,, sorta,,

break into slightly smaller than popped popcorn bites , lay out on a baking sheet, or two,, and enjoy the aroma.

and chewed on just like that is everything about the buzz minus the calories :thumb:

cheers

Glad you posted this, I have wondered if it would make sense to decarb after harvest for edibles.
This way it would be super dry and should have a longer shelf life? Much simpler and less time consuming
vs curing for smoking.

Here's the recipe I use for gummies...

Most brownie recipes are oil heavy, so the first portion of this (infusing oil) should be just what ya need.

Once you have oil, the possibilities are endless.

Best of luck...
:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom