Deficiencies, low light coverage, pH lockout or age: what do you think is wrong with my plants?

shaunr97

I like to keep thing short and sweets.
I have 3 plants;
My 2 bubblegum strain are occurring signs of stress. I THINK its lacking something either P or K. They lost they're nice dark green due to me Not having enough N in the soil during stretching phase. So extra question would be what can i use as a organic quick release I could use as top soil or water soluble for stretching phase as it doesnt need much N. (Needs to be micro friendly aka organic)

I'm also not been using PH meters, I use my tap water leave it out for a good 3 4 days then I either make in a compost tea or i just add seaweed in. Could that be the problem?

My Notthern Lights are beautiful dark green and not much stress at all so I dont think its PH. But I've heard these are hardy plants.

What do you think the problem is?

I want to solve it before it starts to spread up the plants.

Attachments

• 20200528_110612.jpg
    20200528_110612.jpg
    975 KB · Views: 79
  • 20200528_110602.jpg
    20200528_110602.jpg
    621.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 20200528_110533.jpg
    20200528_110533.jpg
    584.6 KB · Views: 86
You need to pH your water & feed. The nutrients uptake to the plant at certain Ph's only. If you're not in the correct range it will take up some nutes & lockout others. pH is probably most of your issue. Looks like you need to add about 2 ml. per gallon of Cal Mag also as I see you have rust spots on the leaves.

What is you grow medium, a super soil? And what have you been putting in your compost tea? Also, is it possible to get a picture under white light, the blues and reds make colours hard to see.

You need to pH your water & feed. The nutrients uptake to the plant at certain Ph's only. If you're not in the correct range it will take up some nutes & lockout others. pH is probably most of your issue. Looks like you need to add about 2 ml. per gallon of Cal Mag also as I see you have rust spots on the leaves.

I hear calmag kills Microbes in the soil due to salts. I have a bottle off CalMag. so I could probably feed it next time but I'm sure calmag wont stay in soil I need something that will let me not have to mix things up and that I like easy, I will get a ph though I have had several cheap one but break all the time

What is you grow medium, a super soil? And what have you been putting in your compost tea? Also, is it possible to get a picture under white light, the blues and reds make colours hard to see.

Mate I honestly cant even remember I think I made up with some eco life soil amendments and worm castings perlite magic plus soil compost too but very little as I didn't have much. I think Buds is right I need ph too make sure maybe soil ph is wrong

I honestly don't know much about organics. Organics turn me off. When I hear the word Organic it means to me : It was grown in a pile of shit & waste. Not that soil doesn't have some of these things in it because it does. It just doesn't sound quite so nasty to me. If someone asked me if I wanted to eat a Tomato grown in shit or in soil ... I'm choosing soil ... same goes for the weed I smoke.

Hey @shaunr97 , with organic soils and microbes, you don’t worry about pHing your water, in LOS the plants regulate the pH. So unless you have severely acidic or basic water, it’s not needed.

As @Buds Buddy mentioned, it does look like a calmag issue, but I suspect it’s due to a case of too little of these in your soil to start, meaning the potassium levels are higher than the calcium and magnesium.

If that’s the case, next watering, put a tbsp of hydrated lime and one of Epsom salt in your water and it should correct itself in a few days. The damaged leaves won’t recover, but no new ones will show up. This will keep things organic and not hurt the microbes. Use hydrated lime if you can, it is more soluble than other forms.

Epsom salt can also be used for foliar feeding. Just be careful with dosages either way. It can interact badly with potassium, if it's too high. You would probably find it hard to overdose your plants without putting the salt itself into the soil, but it can be done.

I honestly don't know much about organics. Organics turn me off. When I hear the word Organic it means to me : It was grown in a pile of shit & waste. Not that soil doesn't have some of these things in it because it does. It just doesn't sound quite so nasty to me. If someone asked me if I wanted to eat a Tomato grown in shit or in soil ... I'm choosing soil ... same goes for the weed I smoke.
Time to learn bro, organics is the past present and future. You cant beat mother nature, you could say would you rather have a tasty sweet oragnic tomato or a tomato that has harvested using chemicals? I know which one I prefer

Hey @shaunr97 , with organic soils and microbes, you don’t worry about pHing your water, in LOS the plants regulate the pH. So unless you have severely acidic or basic water, it’s not needed.

As @Buds Buddy mentioned, it does look like a calmag issue, but I suspect it’s due to a case of too little of these in your soil to start, meaning the potassium levels are higher than the calcium and magnesium.

If that’s the case, next watering, put a tbsp of hydrated lime and one of Epsom salt in your water and it should correct itself in a few days. The damaged leaves won’t recover, but no new ones will show up. This will keep things organic and not hurt the microbes. Use hydrated lime if you can, it is more soluble than other forms.
Excellent reply thank you sir, theres nothing worse than when you think you know something but you second guess it. I remember hearing nature sorts itself out no need for ph. But I will try and do the lime and salt and give update when results show. Thank you mate massive help!
Epsom salt can also be used for foliar feeding. Just be careful with dosages either way. It can interact badly with potassium, if it's too high. You would probably find it hard to overdose your plants without putting the salt itself into the soil, but it can be done.
It's just lower fan leaves at the moment, and interesting what rates of salt would you use per gallon of feed and what rate of hydrated lime per gallon?

I wouldn't give Epsom salt at the same time as feeding. When I used nutrients indoors I used the feed-water-feed schedule and added it to the water at 1/2 teaspoon per litre (I'm not spelling that the US way anymore) and I didn't use it unless my plants showed me they needed it. As for lime, never used it.
Lots of gardeners use a little Epsom salt in the soil for tomatoes and peppers, but there is debate about whether it works or not.

FFOF is organic though. To me, organic means "all-natural" with no synthetic chemicals added.
I guess I think of organics as stuff you have to mix a bunch of stuff together yourself like, Bat, Chicken & Fish Shit, Banana Peels, EWC, etc... I don't want to go through all that unless it increases THC & Potency. Otherwise it seems like a useless step for me when I can get the same potency doing things the easy way. I'm lazy .... I admit it.

I guess I think of organics as stuff you have to mix a bunch of stuff together yourself like, Bat, Chicken & Fish Shit, Banana Peels, EWC, etc... I don't want to go through all that unless it increases THC & Potency. Otherwise it seems like a useless step for me when I can get the same potency doing things the easy way. I'm lazy .... I admit it.

I agree with you with lots of the other organic stuff, I'm just too lazy to do it. If I had a large farm property or something then I could see having a large compost or reusing manure, but for an indoor grow I wouldn't bother with it. The Fox Farm Big Bloom is organic, I think mostly guano, but the Grow Big/Tiger Bloom are not organic. I don't have any personal preference other than like you said, I just want the highest quality and yield in the most efficient way possible.

Back
Top Bottom