PH lockout

OGcanuck420

420 Member
This is my first time growing autos but second grow in total. I'm growing a dinafem kush CBD auto and I'm super low on the ph scale it's 4.0 and I'm using promix organic 3 month nutrients with dollar store stuff mixed in and want to correct with pelletized dolomite lime. I topped dressed with the pelletized lime for my next watering but but the soil is acidic that the moister in the soil is not getting absorbed in into my plant. So my question is how do I fix this with lime or should I use ph up and or lime in a slurry
20191204_103620.jpg
20191204_103608.jpg

The first picture you can see a spot in the leaf she is in the flowering stage right now the little pellets are the lime.she just started flowing a couple of days ago but still growing strong and need to fix asap. please help

Hi and welcome on in.
Before the the real knowledge-dudes (and I'm not one) can get to grips with your anomaly......
Please re-post your photos without the lights, you have a real Burple scene here!
Natural lighting please.

The water going in is a PH 4? There isn't a way to measure the PH of soil with any form of accuracy (and it don't mean squat if you are in a soil based medium anyway), especially if you using one of them el cheapo soil probe things. Coco or a soil-less medium is different critter, but it looks to me like you are in some sort of soil medium. Correcting problems that are not there will bite you in the backside faster than anything.

My water in my city is around 7 but the ph has been dropping I'm thinking it's the nutrients in the pro mix organic 3 month nutrients soil I'm using that's activating more the more I water and dropping the ph

If you go chasing every single spot you'll surely kill your plants. Lol You've probably already done more harm than good by adding in extra lime. Notice the discoloration and slight clawing on the new growth?

The plant looks ok. Those soil testers are junk. Odds are your pH is not what you think it is. What is the pH of your nutrient solution going in?

If that ph meter is a cheapo from amazon try calibrating meter... but from expierience bought two from them when both quit working they both read 4.1 test ph meter..save your money and buy a good one. I purchashed one local and have free calibration and cleaning for a year.

amazon has saved many a grower , if you can`t buy a good meter then wait till you can , it is better to have no readings than false ones , those plants look pretty good , there is always a few spots on a plant it is when it gets bad we need to react , patience is a great tool in this game of growing ,it`s amazing how these plants have a way of fixing their own shit up.Ph meter $45, ppm meter $45 , calibration solution $10.00 (7.0), storage solution for meters $10.00 ,thats all you need and they are worth every penny of it .i would not even think of growing with out these.you can spend $250 bucks on a Blue lab pen meter or $50 bucks on a stick style meter , the secret is in the calibration , i calibrate my meter and i have both cheapies and hanna and blue lab meters but i calibrate once a week weather they need it or not .

Never add lime or anything else like that to your soil grow with plants in it as it takes time to break down , these are to be added before you put your plants in the soil , you are better off to get a bottle of organic nutes and add this to your water , if you start to see problems , yellow means usually your plants need more nutes and brown means they have to much , and spots on leaves usually means you need a supplement of calmag , these are just very broad hints , just a bit of a reference , adding nutes should never be at the full strength of what the bottle recommends unless you have very large plants , start at 1/4 then to 1/2 , it is alot easier to add more nutes than it is to try and take some out from a soil grow , usually less is more with plants .

Back
Top Bottom