Deficiency problem?

armague

420 Member
Hello everyone
since yesterday I have noticed a physical change in some leaves that would announce a deficiency problem
my plants have 24 days of growth

my plants are grown in special seedling garden compost, they don't have special cannabis compost
they grown in a room and not a grow box
following a delivery problem I repotted the plants in 14L pots, the watering frequency and 3 days with a quantity of 0.70la 1.50l I use as fertilizer a root boost, a growth fertilizer and enzym + that I included in the last watering 2 days ago

I specify that this is my first indoor session I have no experience in the culture
but after research I wonder if I would not have a phosphorus deficiency?

I am attaching pictures to you

thank you and hello from France

IMGP5325.JPG

IMGP5326.JPG

IMGP5327.JPG

IMGP5328.JPG

IMGP5330.JPG

IMGP5331.JPG

IMGP5332.JPG

IMGP5333.JPG

IMGP5334.JPG

IMGP5336.JPG

In the first group of pics, on the 5th photo down from top, there is some discoloration on leaf tip, but on the edge of the bucket - I see a few very tiny spots. Those spots could be mites, mites are freaking tiny insects but they are a problem for our plants. They have an orgy and lay eggs on underside of plant leaves.... any way you can zoom up on bucket edges and inspect closely

not familiar with Leafcoat but it’s probably a preventative... not a cure.

In the first group of pics, on the 5th photo down from top, there is some discoloration on leaf tip, but on the edge of the bucket - I see a few very tiny spots. Those spots could be mites, mites are freaking tiny insects but they are a problem for our plants. They have an orgy and lay eggs on underside of plant leaves.... any way you can zoom up on bucket edges and inspect closely

not familiar with Leafcoat but it’s probably a preventative... not a cure.
hey thank you for your reply I think that what you see on the rebort of the pot photo 5 is quite simply substrate residues but I will check with a microscope ok for the leafcoat, as a remedy if it was mites you advise me which product please thank you

SNS is a sponsor here and has good sprays, also insect soap like safers soap, Neem oil or Spinosad
OK, thanks
I checked the edges of my pot as well as the leaves under the microscope, I did not see any mites on the other hand I have the impression of having seen water droplets

I see a very basic and common problem... plants with no lift.

Your leaves should be lifting up to the light, but yours are all hanging below horizontal. This and the puffiness that you have been pointing out, to me says you are an overwaterer. Since you can't overwater by giving too much water at any one time, you must be watering too often. Please tell me what determines for you that it is time to water, and then when you do, how much water do you give?

I see a very basic and common problem... plants with no lift.

Your leaves should be lifting up to the light, but yours are all hanging below horizontal. This and the puffiness that you have been pointing out, to me says you are an overwaterer. Since you can't overwater by giving too much water at any one time, you must be watering too often. Please tell me what determines for you that it is time to water, and then when you do, how much water do you give?
hey
so in terms of watering as I explained before I spent my plants from buckets to 14l pots because I had not received the 3.5l pots when it was time to repotted
I water every three days around, as soon as the top soil layer is dry on about 2 cm I water with about 1.5l of water for the moment because because of the repotting I did not dare to inject 1 / 4 of the capacity of the pot due to the age of the young plants
I know I made a mistake about this already
Thank you for your reply

hey
so in terms of watering as I explained before I spent my plants from buckets to 14l pots because I had not received the 3.5l pots when it was time to repotted
I water every three days around, as soon as the top soil layer is dry on about 2 cm I water with about 1.5l of water for the moment because because of the repotting I did not dare to inject 1 / 4 of the capacity of the pot due to the age of the young plants
Thank you for your reply

stay tuned for an education .. check em's sig for how to water a potted plant

edited in a linky .. :)

hey
Thank you for your reply
You are making a very common mistake... watering a weed when the top gets dry. This watering every 3 days or so is causing the problems you are seeing because although the top may be dry, the bottom is not. Water, because of gravity, falls to the bottom of the container and forms a lake in there of saturated soil. Normally the plant will continue to work on that water, using the strong tap and feeder roots at the bottom of the container to drain all of that water, and as the water table steadily drops down to the bottom, the top of that lake forms a diaphragm that pulls oxygen way down deep into the soil as it falls. This oxygen rejuvenates the roots down there, as they need oxygen as much as they need water.

Since you come along every time the water table begins to fall and replenish that water table, the bottom never dries out, and the roots down there never see oxygen. The roots down there have to try to protect themselves from the constant flood water, and cover themselves with a special coating to wait for the floods to recede. Once they have done this, their ability to uptake water is severely hampered, and the plant can no longer develop the water pressure needed in the trunk to lift the leaves up toward the light. Eventually those lower roots will atrophy, and your plant will suffer and begin to show deficiencies and will lose its lower leaves.

You can not overwater a plant by putting too much water in the soil. The soil can only hold so much water, and then any extra simply runs out of the bottom as runoff. You are overwatering your plant by watering too often... before it actually dries out. Your limiting of the amount of water you are giving each time is simply a guess, and judging by the droop and puffiness, you are consistently giving more than can be used in the time you are giving the plant to use it all up, but most importantly, no oxygen is getting down to the very bottom roots.

Look up the lift the pot method. Water to saturation, or runoff, each time, and then wait however many days it takes for the plant to use all of that water. Lift the plant up and compare its weight to a similar container filled with dry soil. If your human senses can feel ANY water weight, it is NOT time to water. You might think you are killing the plant when the soil separates from the sides and feels as dry as the Sahara, but this is actually what needs to happen in order to grow a weed correctly.

The plant will seek out all of the water in that container and it will build new roots in order to do so. Each time you run your plants through a wet/dry cycle, the time between waterings should steadily diminish. When I first put a plant in a new container it can take a week to drain all of the water I give it upon transplanting. The next time I water, it will take much less time, because of all the roots that are growing, and it may take 5 days to drain the water. The next time, maybe 3 days.... until finally the plant has built such a strong root system that it can drain all of the water I can get that soil to hold, in one day. This is when I transplant... so I can start that process of building a rootball again, in the larger container... again by carefully managing the wet/dry cycle.

Watering should never be done via calendar or because of a finger stuck in the top of the container, while in veg. Your goal here should be to build roots, and with strong roots you will have a strong plant above the soil too. In bloom the watering needs change a bit... but for now, it is all about the roots. I wrote a very popular article on how to properly water a plant in a closed container, that explains this concept of a wet/dry cycle. I invite you to read it. It is my belief that the words contained therein, will change the way you grow. Lots of people on here have learned to water the way I describe in the article, and I dare say I have changed the growing world with my thoughts. I hope that it helps you too. Good luck and please enjoy the read. :goodluck:

stay tuned for an education .. check em's sig for how to water a potted plant
lol... you know me so well! :rofl:

lol... you know me so well!

you deserve a lot of love from this board for your contributions. :love:

bookmark that cause we don't always end up on the same side of the equation .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

You are making a very common mistake... watering a weed when the top gets dry. This watering every 3 days or so is causing the problems you are seeing because although the top may be dry, the bottom is not. Water, because of gravity, falls to the bottom of the container and forms a lake in there of saturated soil. Normally the plant will continue to work on that water, using the strong tap and feeder roots at the bottom of the container to drain all of that water, and as the water table steadily drops down to the bottom, the top of that lake forms a diaphragm that pulls oxygen way down deep into the soil as it falls. This oxygen rejuvenates the roots down there, as they need oxygen as much as they need water.

Since you come along every time the water table begins to fall and replenish that water table, the bottom never dries out, and the roots down there never see oxygen. The roots down there have to try to protect themselves from the constant flood water, and cover themselves with a special coating to wait for the floods to recede. Once they have done this, their ability to uptake water is severely hampered, and the plant can no longer develop the water pressure needed in the trunk to lift the leaves up toward the light. Eventually those lower roots will atrophy, and your plant will suffer and begin to show deficiencies and will lose its lower leaves.

You can not overwater a plant by putting too much water in the soil. The soil can only hold so much water, and then any extra simply runs out of the bottom as runoff. You are overwatering your plant by watering too often... before it actually dries out. Your limiting of the amount of water you are giving each time is simply a guess, and judging by the droop and puffiness, you are consistently giving more than can be used in the time you are giving the plant to use it all up, but most importantly, no oxygen is getting down to the very bottom roots.

Look up the lift the pot method. Water to saturation, or runoff, each time, and then wait however many days it takes for the plant to use all of that water. Lift the plant up and compare its weight to a similar container filled with dry soil. If your human senses can feel ANY water weight, it is NOT time to water. You might think you are killing the plant when the soil separates from the sides and feels as dry as the Sahara, but this is actually what needs to happen in order to grow a weed correctly.

The plant will seek out all of the water in that container and it will build new roots in order to do so. Each time you run your plants through a wet/dry cycle, the time between waterings should steadily diminish. When I first put a plant in a new container it can take a week to drain all of the water I give it upon transplanting. The next time I water, it will take much less time, because of all the roots that are growing, and it may take 5 days to drain the water. The next time, maybe 3 days.... until finally the plant has built such a strong root system that it can drain all of the water I can get that soil to hold, in one day. This is when I transplant... so I can start that process of building a rootball again, in the larger container... again by carefully managing the wet/dry cycle.

Watering should never be done via calendar or because of a finger stuck in the top of the container, while in veg. Your goal here should be to build roots, and with strong roots you will have a strong plant above the soil too. In bloom the watering needs change a bit... but for now, it is all about the roots. I wrote a very popular article on how to properly water a plant in a closed container, that explains this concept of a wet/dry cycle. I invite you to read it. It is my belief that the words contained therein, will change the way you grow. Lots of people on here have learned to water the way I describe in the article, and I dare say I have changed the growing world with my thoughts. I hope that it helps you too. Good luck and please enjoy the read. :goodluck:

lol... you know me so well! :rofl:

thank you very much for your time and your clear and understandable explanation
yes I will go see the topic on the watering that you created
the link must be in the subject a little higher from what I could understand
Thank you very much for your help
your help to all

thank you very much for your time and your clear and understandable explanation
yes I will go see the topic on the watering that you created
the link must be in the subject a little higher from what I could understand
Thank you very much for your help
your help to all
sorry... i tend to delete my signature lines when I get going in a conversation... here it is again... glad to help!

Back
Top Bottom