Diesels First Deep Water Culture Grow

So may i ask what is the status? Have they perked back up yet or showing signs of getting better?

Thanks for checkin in Myzz, I just got home from work and they still looked sad, I cut a branch and it was hollow inside, so its all over for this grow, was 8 weeks into bloom, so good bud is expected, although they coulda went longer, that strange bud didnt get to mature (bummer). peace man!!

Thanks for checkin in Myzz, I just got home from work and they still looked sad, I cut a branch and it was hollow inside, so its all over for this grow, was 8 weeks into bloom, so good bud is expected, although they coulda went longer, that strange bud didnt get to mature (bummer). peace man!!
Let me just say that a hollow stem is normal. In DWC I see it all the time.(Normal for me anyway)
Sorry about your troubles, 8 weeks bloom should get decent bud.

Let me just say that a hollow stem is normal. In DWC I see it all the time.(Normal for me anyway)
Sorry about your troubles, 8 weeks bloom should get decent bud.

thanks man, in 20 years I`ve never cut a branch that was hollow, you must know sumptin I dont, lol, your branches are hollow? please tell me more, this is new for me, this was my first hydro and I would love more info on this.

thanks man, in 20 years I`ve never cut a branch that was hollow, you must know sumptin I dont, lol, your branches are hollow? please tell me more, this is new for me, this was my first hydro and I would love more info on this.
I don't really know much about it or what more to tell you. Every harvest I had in DWC the branches were hollow like straws. Also the main stalks were hollow.

I have seen hollow branches on mature plants, that are toward the end of there life cycle. I think it is definitely normal and mostly a hydroponics thing.

Apparently it is a very normal thing, especially in hydro. Found this doing a google search:

Water and nutrients are carried up the stem from the medium. The more hollow they are, the more food and water gets to the tips of plants. Also outdoor plants seem to not be as hollow as indoor, that could also be why indoor plants are more thc laden. Also you will notice that the more air movement in a grow room the more hollow the stems and thats do to plant cellulose strengthening the stem so it can hold the weight of the buds it is producing.

wow, didnt know this, my soil plant have never been hollow, these were so hollow that they bent in half, didnt seem normal to me but like I said, was first hydro grow, maybe they were just done and I didnt mess up, maybe my meter was correct, hmmmmm. thanks for the input guys!!

Hey brother, my first bubble grow was a roller coaster ride of disasters(still harvested though)!! If you can still get a good harvest, then job well done!! Had you checked trich color at all?

ya bro, I`m alwayz checkin, still mostly clear but oh well it will smoke......I`m out for tonight, check ya tomorrow, peace!

Apparently it is a very normal thing, especially in hydro. Found this doing a google search:

Water and nutrients are carried up the stem from the medium. The more hollow they are, the more food and water gets to the tips of plants. Also outdoor plants seem to not be as hollow as indoor, that could also be why indoor plants are more thc laden. Also you will notice that the more air movement in a grow room the more hollow the stems and thats do to plant cellulose strengthening the stem so it can hold the weight of the buds it is producing.

+reps

No not typically, I have had a plant start to yellow and wilt toward the end of flower though, not sure what caused it that time either. Lack of nitrogen maybe?

I would have to say that is due to the buds using every bit of stored energy in the leaves and stem to produce trichs to try and be pollinated before death.
IMO
Agent Green :smokin:

In your case DF, since the buds aren't quite "done" yet, you could have gotten nute lockout and had a shortage of nitrogen. With the new res changed over to PH'd water they still may show some improvment tomorrow. And then who knows, maybe :morenutes: and another week or two before harvest. Could happen. ;)

Damn I would still like to know where your mistake was made so i can make sure i dont do the same.

Yeay, I am with you Myzz617. I am at 5 1/2 weeks. Take a close look at them trich colors Diesel. at 8 weeks, I gotta figure you were really close to done.

Back
Top Bottom