Dime's 12/12 From P.E. Bagseed CFL Grow

You've really got a green thumb. Only 13 days, amazing.

Grats on your MotM nomination, lets all make like we're in Chicago, Vote Early, and Vote Often.:partyboy:

Thanks Mugs, that's very kind. :Namaste:

The plants are reacting well to the heavy watering/soaking. Hopefully we'll see the sex this week and they'll either go into their permanent containers or into the trash for any males that show up.

I'm still giddy over the nomination, it's a bit overwhelming (in a good way). I'm really happy to see all the entries in the other contests too, lots to show off and probably one of the toughest months to pick just one with as many great choices as there are.:thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake:

:peace:

I can't believe how big those are for only being under CFL's 12 hours a day. Awesome man..

Haha, thanks man! Yeah it's crazy to see for me too. The plants have really reacted well to the heavy waterings and they seem to love the FFOF soil even more than my last girls. They were Sativa dominant hybrids and these are more Indica dom. plants. Guess this is a bit more assurance that the light is working as well :).

what kind of pest control are you using?? because mines is gettin ready to get a nasty email.. :tokin:

I sprayed the room with regular household bug spray before I started, Ortho home defense Max. I have used Safer Brand 3-in-1 for household plants and it killed the crap out of fungus gnats and aphids on my outdoor plants as well.

You may have to use multiple treatments if it's an infestation. Sending good vibes your way and wish you luck. :Namaste:

Speaking of heavy waterings, the girls got watered today as they are drinking and eating fast. I upped the Cal-Mag+ to 5ml per gal of RO and the Hygrozyme is the same 10ml. Dunked the cups and let them sit until the top of the soil was wet then pulled them out, let them drain for around 5-6 seconds and stuck them back under the light.

I think the sex is going to show itself in the next few days. I'm crossing my fingers!!! Also they are already stinking up the room :high-five:. I noticed the smell yesterday but had to put my nose near them, today I smelled them when I walked in.

Talk with you guys soon.

no i dont have no infestation but i do have a couple thrips and i find a fruit fly hear and there, so i figured i would spray them, and they fell off the deep end, the shit did a number on my plants, hopefully they turn around by tomorrow, fingers crossed.. its like my kid is sick and i cant help them and i dont know what to do lol...wow im definitely high lol...

no i dont have no infestation but i do have a couple thrips and i find a fruit fly hear and there, so i figured i would spray them, and they fell off the deep end, the shit did a number on my plants, hopefully they turn around by tomorrow, fingers crossed.. its like my kid is sick and i cant help them and i dont know what to do lol...wow im definitely high lol...

If you treated your plants already give it a few days and see what happens. Like you, I know how it feels to have sick plants AND kids, it F'N sucks!

Now, I'm gonna medicate too. Damn I need it ... Physical Therapy was an
M-F'r tonight. Time to :roorrip::roorrip::roorrip:

yea i cant wait for the first sign of sex, cause when you see them pistils your like a kid on christmas, happy as a bitch!!! and then when you get them males you dont know what to do, you dont know if you wanna keep it alittle longer to make sure or to start smashin shit lol..i wish mines would hurry the help up and let me know somethin, cause when it comes to this part im impatient as they come...

yea i cant wait for the first sign of sex, cause when you see them pistils your like a kid on christmas, happy as a bitch!!! and then when you get them males you dont know what to do, you dont know if you wanna keep it alittle longer to make sure or to start smashin shit lol..i wish mines would hurry the help up and let me know somethin, cause when it comes to this part im impatient as they come...

Yeah, I'm really hoping for some ladies... right now I feel like the kid laying in bed, wide awake, waiting for Xmas to come :trance:.

I know what you mean dime i am the most impatient man i know but i heard some where that good things come to those who wait Hopein all ladies come your way and let them be fat bottom girls i hear tell thy make the rockin world go round :thumb:

beautiful dirt beautiful
good to be able to look over at a gro that started around the same time as mine for comparison
toke it up and watch em spring

also Cfls loose penetration after about 6 inches this explanes that "sweet spot" that makes them strech its a nifty trick to control the hight that you dont get the option of doing with HPS or MH

good luck on the led? we have a few "stealth grow LED" lights a 1000 W equiv and a 600W equive

dont quite know what i think of them.... for a home stealth gro i can see the purpose.... for larger operations they kinda become more viable as extra lighting...
they do quite well i think its produces more potent medicine yet not as much girth....

keep it up brother

beautiful dirt beautiful
good to be able to look over at a gro that started around the same time as mine for comparison
toke it up and watch em spring

also Cfls loose penetration after about 6 inches this explanes that "sweet spot" that makes them strech its a nifty trick to control the hight that you dont get the option of doing with HPS or MH

good luck on the led? we have a few "stealth grow LED" lights a 1000 W equiv and a 600W equive

dont quite know what i think of them.... for a home stealth gro i can see the purpose.... for larger operations they kinda become more viable as extra lighting...
they do quite well i think its produces more potent medicine yet not as much girth....

keep it up brother

Nice to hear from you shaggie and thanks :high-five:.... CFL Grow Buddies:thumb:

I'm curious about the LED and hope that it does well. I'm going to have to build a spot for it away from this grow so I can record the results without any other light sources effecting the results.

Thanks again for stopping in.

Hey guys, wifey is really sick again and will be in the hospital for an undetermined amount of time. Crohns disease really sucks. The surgery that has been able to be avoided is looking like it may have to happen now. I'll be back and forth here as there is a lot of waiting and mama will be heavily medicated to ease the pain and I'm gonna need something to keep my mind occupied while I wait for the doctors.

Sorry papatater, I totally missed your post earlier. I'm hopin' for ladies and I'm waiting a little while but I think 4 of these including my biggest plant PE#2 are dudes or trannys. I dropped the light as they all look like they are ready to push out the top flowers but will know shortly how many I'll lose.

I'll talk with you guys later.

-dime

Hay dime, all our best to Mrs Dime...bet she's probably more like Mrs Dollar :thumb:

Thanks for kind words Horse, she says to say hi to all you guys. Nowadays I just use all of your handles when I tell her how everyones doing and she knows who Im talking about :).

I'll be home tonight with the kids so I'll be checking back in later. I have a pair of shears ready for the transgender plants and I'll update that later too.
:Namaste:

This is looking like a better start than the last grow bro!! Sweet!!

Sorry to hear about Mrs. Dollar's trials..my thoughts and prayers are in your corner bro!!

and, as always.....

:Namaste:

Yeah hey DIME I'm really sorry to hear about your wife. Pain is the worst, and its hard when its not your pain as well. Feeling helpless about being able to ease a loved one's pain is almos as miserable. Sending you both healing and loving vibes brother...........

First off, thanks for the warm wishes and good vibes. Mrs. Dollar (She likes the nickname Horse ;)) is resting and being well taken care of. Her docs are going to be coming by tomorrow and discussing the treatments and possible surgery, so now we wait.

Giants, I'm so glad you're here my friend :). It wouldn't be the same without you. This grow has gone pretty smooth so far minus the girls with balls of course :rofl:. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers bro.

Quix, you have a kind soul and pretty much nailed how I feel when she's sick. She's as tough as the come but after over 5 years of this she's ready for a change and I'm ready for her to stop hurting. Hopefully we'll both get what we want soon. Thanks man.

Thanks Muggles, that means a lot to us, you too are very kind. I hope her recovery is speedy and appreciate the thoughts and prayers too my friend.

Well, since I'm a little wired from the day I thought I'd keep busy until the meds put my head on the pillow... or the keyboard :).

Day 16 of 12/12 from seed...

The first thing I did was check each plant for sex then grabbed some pics before the lights went out.

PE#1... Looking good.
Day_16_02.jpg

PE#2 ... F@#K! ME! (that was the BIG one) I haven't killed him yet as my brain is fried and I left him in the room because he looked so damn healthy :rofl:... his day is tomorrow.
Day_16_03.jpg

PE#3 aka "Fuzzy" ...has some F'N Fuzzies and got the axe tonight.
Day_16_04.jpg

PE#4 OK so far
Day_16_05.jpg

PE#5 eh?
Day_16_06.jpg

PE#6 OK
Day_16_07.jpg

PE#7 Is now the biggest (girl I hope :))
Day_16_08.jpg

Close up of what I hope is a sign of how frosty the beeches will be :thumb:
Day_16_09.jpg

This is poor Fuzzy before the execution... handsome little sucker :rip:
Day_16_01.jpg

The roots of the He-She looked pretty good for day 16 to me. It's a little hard to tell from the pic but if you look up top you can see the purple in the leaves. I didn't notice it until after I took the pic and he was dead. PE#7 (I think) has the same coloring but I'll have to wait until tomorrow night to see.
Day_16_10.jpg

That's it for tonight, long day tomorrow and the typing is...slowing...down.

Thanks again you guys for all the support.

:Namaste::Namaste::Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom