Do Electrified Plants Grow Faster? Let's Find Out!

Oh gee. That's high priced outside my budget. Ummm...can we take away 2 zeros? And just to be clear, delivery is upon harvest right? :)

Most certainly :)

Way out of mine too. That's why I started so high. Just wait until Em' see's my fee :jawdropper::jawdropper:

I just love it when cottage industries spring up at my feet!

(Flower, Day 12)

Grilled Cheese likes the idea too! Here she is, now having aggressively joined the upper canopy, along with a bud shot!

gc101.JPG

gcbud.JPG

(flower, day 16)

Grilled Cheese is cooking right along... so well in fact that I had to take her off of her 5gal bucket and put her instead on a shorter 3 gallon bucket. I am convinced now that under the big lights and with her charging cell, this young lady is going to produce well over an ounce. We shall see how close we are, but already she is starting to show bud clustering that is going to produce some sizeable kolas. I remain impressed with this girl, but wish at this point that I had brought a non electrified control into flower with her so we could see if this was just the strain's reaction to my growing conditions, or if it is indeed the electricity. I tend to believe that the electrical charge is a part of this though, and the experiment continues.

grilled_cheese.JPG

(flower, day 20)

Our girl is done stretching now, but not before I was forced to take her off of even the short bucket, and now she sits on the floor... still reaching almost up to the top of the canopy. One of these days soon I will pull her out so you can see how well and totally developed she is... this girl has buds down to her ankles and is going to be an impressive producer for what she is.

Here she is, taking on a very serious and determined mature look, enthusiastically getting on with the business of budding:
gc_on_the_floor.JPG

Alright my duckies... some early results are in. It is undeniable what I am seeing... 8 plants, including the control have their leaves at about half staff... they look fine.

Our electro powered girl however has her leaves up, in full transpiration mode. She is obviously busier than her sisters.

Here they are, from the top and the side.

DSCF6066.JPG

DSCF60671.JPG

Very cool control test hope to try this out on my nex harvest of clones. But yea I'm in for the show if u dnt mind if I squeeze in 2 watch :thumb: I am very excited 2 c this in action I have been wondering about this myself for awhile now jus didn't know what it was about so yea :goodluck: and :bravo: for pioneering ur way threw sum very cool grow methods anyway:Namaste: and keep it green my friends:hookah::goodjob:

Sorry to hear of your troubles AngryBird... I have had a couple of casualties too. I have learned not to rush the new clones and definitely not to give them any AACT until they are ready.

So far it is hard to notice any difference between our electrified girl and her control neighbors. The only significant thing that I have to report is that our girl has grown a little and one leaf made contact with the negative electrode. That point of contact now looks burned. I will get a picture of it later when the lights come on in there.

I was wondering if mayb I put the metal rods in threw the side of the cup or up threw the bottom so then the leaves wudnt b able 2 touch it and get burned?? Idk jus food for thought from a fellow grower anyhooser great lookn girls keep up the gud work :rollit::Namaste:

I really appreciate the pun there! :welldone:

They've been through a whole battery of tests and I'm shocked at these results! It's like they switched positions! They're almost polar opposites! It's electrifying just watching this! :)

Sorry, I was a little wired and overdid it! Now that I'm currently more grounded, I've decided to wave my normal fee on puns - they're all no charge! :rofl:

Lmao I jus got dun smking wen I was reading this jus started laughing lol pun master of here haha

I was wondering if mayb I put the metal rods in threw the side of the cup or up threw the bottom so then the leaves wudnt b able 2 touch it and get burned?? Idk jus food for thought from a fellow grower anyhooser great lookn girls keep up the gud work :rollit::Namaste:
Think about the water table and the way it slowly sinks toward the bottom of your container and toward the center in a smart pot. If the conductors are put in from the sides, they and the electrical charge only exist at that one level, and as long as the water table is above that mark, current flows, but as soon as the water table falls below the contacts and the soil dries out above, electrical flow has to stop.

With bare conductors place vertically all the way from the bottom to the top, there is always water sitting at some level, and since the contacts go through all the vertical points, electricity flows all through the wet/dry cycle between waterings.

I am also not convinced that that leaf tip actually burned due to the electricity, and indeed parts of that leaf were at times solidly on the connector, and I left them there to see what happened. Never again did I see any leaf damage as a result, so I think that initial leaf tip damage was from another cause. Also, as the plant has matured, all chances of contacting the electrical contacts has gone away and from clear back in the early solo cup stage, it has never been a problem again.

Good to see that you are going to try to reproduce the experiment, and I would like to see others confirm the results that I have found here. Also, I like you am very curious how the end product compares to her non-electrified sisters, and looking at the early trichome development I am getting excited... but then again, this could be attributed to being a less complicated plant than those who were carefully vegged for 3 months and trimmed and trained to have a large number of kolas. It makes sense that our girl, only really concentrating on 3 main kolas, would have more to give to these fewer buds, so again, it would have been good to have another control plant in the flowering stage, so similar plants could be compared, one electrified and one not, for quantity and quality of the final product.

(flower, day 34)

Today finds our Grilled Cheese getting heavier and heavier. Soon she is going to need additional support to help hold up these massive bud structures. I will let the pictures speak for themselves...

gcd34.JPG

gcb4d34.JPG

gcb3d34.JPG

gcb2d34.JPG

At some point in the future I will go back and try to compare shots of our Grilled Cheese with shots at the same point in the grow of her non-stimulated sisters to see if we can see any obvious signs that the electricity is making a difference.

Grilled Cheese is a beauty:goodjob:
well, you have to take under consideration too, that you give them super care :)
We changed the diodes (rods? forgot the real name) again, they disappear/disintegrate after some time.

we harvested the bag seed lady today. Half of buds approx. little by little in 2 week-span And the hole plant today.

I will look into copper wire, can't remember if we have tried it. Lots of different material/metal have been used.

Back
Top Bottom