Does anyone use CFLs from start to finish?

I completed my first grow with CFL bulbs. A mixture of 85 and 42 watt bulbs. I used a mixture of temps. For the wattage I believe it did very well but as others have said the buds were not as dense. Trichomes were amazing and the smoke has been awesome. Two White Widow Autos and one Bag Seed. I'm completing the second set of plants in that grow with an HPS bulb.
The grow journal is in my signature.
I was in a 2.5 x 3.5 space. There are quite a few pictures of that grow in the journal.

I completed my first grow with CFL bulbs. A mixture of 85 and 42 watt bulbs. I used a mixture of temps. For the wattage I believe it did very well but as others have said the buds were not as dense. Trichomes were amazing and the smoke has been awesome. Two White Widow Autos and one Bag Seed. I'm completing the second set of plants in that grow with an HPS bulb.
The grow journal is in my signature.
I was in a 2.5 x 3.5 space. There are quite a few pictures of that grow in the journal.
Man does everyone have a journal but me...lmfao...I've been growing in my closet w/CFLs for almost 10yrs now, and until recently I really haven't taken pics of that part of my life. But, I have to say it's nice to come to a place (while anonymous) to share my journey with others, and listen to their stories as well as learn a few things :reading420magazine:
Yeah I built a 4' hood out of 8" metal duct and put 8 double sockets in it, running 26 actual watts but 100w equiv. Plus I had CFL hangers everywhere...lol... So all said I had 858 actual watts w 33 bulbs. So it wasn't that big of a jump to a 1000w HPS. Now begins another journey!! :high-five: Here's to the next 10 yrs of growin... :popcorn:

Yeah I've got a couple of 4' T5s in my veg closet they work great. But, I made a hood out of a 4ft length of 8inch duct and used heat resistant white spray paint for the inside, and it has 16 100w (26w actual) tucked up inside there...cheers and thanks for the post. :cool:
Wow, thanks so much, I have bare MH 175 Watt bulbs, with no housing .. and have tried all kinds of solutions, but .. using an 8" heat duct, I never though of .. Brilliant, thanks.

Your doing to love the 1000 watter. I've used one for years now. Tell your peeps to get you mason jars for Christmas. Your going to need them ;)
Thanks Dank, I already love it :cool:. LOL, and yep I have a bunch of 1/2 QT jars, but told the wife, "I needed a bunch of quarts", she asked, "why I needed rocks", I said, "no jars", she said, "but I thought you wanted the jars and not rocks" Oh well, she's gorgeous but not too bright...:hmmmm:

Wow, thanks so much, I have bare MH 175 Watt bulbs, with no housing .. and have tried all kinds of solutions, but .. using an 8" heat duct, I never though of .. Brilliant, thanks.
You are very welcome Dakota, I have a good friend that does heating and air and he's actually the one that thought of it, I just built it :slide:
And we're here to help each other right, BTW I used all thread w/lock nuts to hold the duct open...:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom