Dog knocked over pot, leaves droopy for about 3 days already

Acid

Before reading: The yellowed tips on the first big set of leaves / general yellowing on the first leaves have nothing to do with this, it was just a water problem early on that got fixed.

Hey guys, so my dog had the wonderful idea to knock my pot over after I took it out the tent to fix something with the light. He threw it over, and it flew out of the pot, probably damaging some roots. The substrate is 70/30 coco/perlite, I refilled it, and carefully re-potted the plant inside new substrate. It's "premium" coco for lazy people, already perfectly buffered and everything, so no worries.

Now it's been droopy for 3 days already. Growth isn't fast, it does still slightly grow, but not as it should. The biggest upper leaves hang down severely, clawing a lot. The lower big leaves slightly droop. Top growth seems fine, but it's VERY slow.

Is there any precautions I should take? Is my plant dying? I thought it'll get back up after a day or max 2 days, but the 3rd day is ending, and I feel like the leaves didn't get up at all again, maybe even worse.

I did re-water the coco with dechlorinated water at 5.9PH and the usual schedule of nutrients at around 600PPM, usually raising it over the weeks, but I kept it at the last PPM to be safe, and I did wate runtil ~10% runoff. It's just a tiny 1L fabric pot (bit bigger than 1/4 gallon pot).

I hope someone can tell me what's going on and if this is fine, or if I should do something specific to save it.

20230917_210047.jpg

Before reading: The yellowed tips on the first big set of leaves / general yellowing on the first leaves have nothing to do with this, it was just a water problem early on that got fixed.

Hey guys, so my dog had the wonderful idea to knock my pot over after I took it out the tent to fix something with the light. He threw it over, and it flew out of the pot, probably damaging some roots. The substrate is 70/30 coco/perlite, I refilled it, and carefully re-potted the plant inside new substrate. It's "premium" coco for lazy people, already perfectly buffered and everything, so no worries.

Now it's been droopy for 3 days already. Growth isn't fast, it does still slightly grow, but not as it should. The biggest upper leaves hang down severely, clawing a lot. The lower big leaves slightly droop. Top growth seems fine, but it's VERY slow.

Is there any precautions I should take? Is my plant dying? I thought it'll get back up after a day or max 2 days, but the 3rd day is ending, and I feel like the leaves didn't get up at all again, maybe even worse.

I did re-water the coco with dechlorinated water at 5.9PH and the usual schedule of nutrients at around 600PPM, usually raising it over the weeks, but I kept it at the last PPM to be safe, and I did wate runtil ~10% runoff. It's just a tiny 1L fabric pot (bit bigger than 1/4 gallon pot).

I hope someone can tell me what's going on and if this is fine, or if I should do something specific to save it.

20230917_210047.jpg
It'll be fine, may well even grow back stronger imo

I just had a horrible transplant that fell all the way into the pot breaking lots of roots.
Hold back on the light was the advice, so I put printer paper over it a couple of days.
Leaves get droopy because you make them very active with the light and the supply chains are broken and can't keep up. So give it less intensity a couple of days and it will be fine.

Let's just say it grew alright, but it keeps looking.. sad. No leaves pointing up, but it does grow for whatever reason. I fimmed it 2 days ago, but the top stem already drooped to the side before that. It was stupid of me, I know, but whatever. The fimming did NOT cause the droopyness! Just wanna repeat that. It was sad from the beginning. It still looks sad. I've never had a sad droopy stem, only droopy leaves. This is a new one for me, especially because I water once daily.

I did already raise the height of the light today, and lowered the intensity by a lot. Apparently the leaves are "taco-ing", and the edges also slightly point upwards for whatever reason, so I imagine it was too much light at 25DLI? I'm just fully out of ideas right now. I did flush it also today, because the runoff EC read at 1.7, and I only feed with 0.9EC (I made a mistake in the first post, I meant 600EC or 0.6EC, not PPM!). Luckily it's coco so flushing is just whatever. I really try not to baby these plants, I literally ignore the other 2 seedlings, but it's been 10 days and now I feel like updating as nothing has really changed, but it DOES grow in some way. And the plant looks so healthy too, it's just.. depressed or whatever. Also all stems are turning red, but it may just be the genetics? It's Gazzurple by Humboldt Seed Company, so I can't really find lots of information about what they really look like, it's still rather new.

I don't know what else to do right now, as the two other seedlings love the light, they're even praying here and there, they LOVE it. It's just this big plant that looks sad and droopy all day long, and it makes me sad too.

Just as a short FYI again: Canna Coco nutrient line (A+B, Rhizo, Cannazym), tiny amounts of silica, and BioBizz Calmag. EC always at around 0.9 currently, pH at 5.9-6.0. Prebuffered coco with 30% perlite in a fabric pot.

257.jpg
379.jpg

Yeah I followed the canna coco nutrient chart and fit it to my waters EC. Do you think I should just leave out the rhizo / cannazym and whatever stuff for now? Doesn't that leave out important nutrients, or is A+B already enough in itself?

Yeah I followed the canna coco nutrient chart and fit it to my waters EC. Do you think I should just leave out the rhizo / cannazym and whatever stuff for now? Doesn't that leave out important nutrients, or is A+B already enough in itself?
A/B contains everything the plant needs start to finish
A dose of seaweed is good for stressed plants

A/B contains everything the plant needs start to finish
A dose of seaweed is good for stressed plants
I do have BioBizz Algamic, which is pretty much seaweed. Think I could add this to the mineral A+B mix? Or maybe even as a foliar? I feel like a good foliar tonight might be the way to go.

I do have BioBizz Algamic, which is pretty much seaweed. Think I could add this to the mineral A+B mix? Or maybe even as a foliar? I feel like a good foliar tonight might be the way to go.
Yeah, no reason you can't mix it - I water organics from the bottom, or dunk
Reason I'm not keen on foliar is because it's organic so could induce mould further down the line as it rots

Back
Top Bottom