Dorr185's 2nd & 3rd Grow, Soil, Multiple Strains

Dorr185

420 Member
Hello All! I've been a long time viewer, decided to start a grow journal to get some advice and meet people who are as excited about home growing as I am!

About Me:
I live in Portland, OR. I'm a full time student and I work full time, so much of how I'm choosing to grow now is based on what I can do effectively without spending hours a day monitoring plants. I had a really successful first grow. In fact, I grew enough weed to last me well over a year! Beginners luck I'm assuming.

I like to grow in soil. It's by far the most forgiving. They'll be no pH'ing, testing run off, RO water, or anything of the sort.

Setup:
Soil: Roots Organic Soil
Nutrients: General Organics Go Box
Water: Tap
Pot Size: Solo Cup----->2 Gallon Nursery Pot----->7 Gallon Smart Pot

Veg Tent - This one is pretty bare. I'm upgrading in two or three weeks.
Size: 4.3x2.8x6.5
Light: 1000W LED
Humidifier
Clip Fan

Flower Tent
Size: 4x4x6.5
Lights: 1 600W HPS, 2 300 LED's
Two Clip Fans
6 Inch Inline Fan

Second Grow:
This grow was just to get my feet wet again. I had left over seeds from my first grow, decided to go through them and set up a routine to really nail my 3rd grow. Running 6 plants now, which is too many. Four seems to be the magic number.

Strains: 3 Pure Northern Lights by Southern Oregon Seeds and 3 Blue Cheese by Barney's Farm
Stage: 30 days since 12/12
Temps: Day 77-82, Night 64-68
Humidity: 38 to 45
Problems: Cal/Mag, underwatering, crowding

All 6 Plants in the tent
20180206_121041.jpg

All 6 Plants on the table
20180206_122818.jpg
20180206_122953.jpg

Blue Cheese
Blue_Cheese12.jpg
Blue_Cheese_Close1.jpg

Northern Lights
Northern_Lights33.jpg
Northern_Lights_Close.jpg

Third Grow:
This is the grow I'm hoping to nail. Going to try mainlining the sativa varieties so they don't completely tower over the indica varieties. However, I love having three lights instead of 1 big light, because I can lower a specific light over a specific plant instead of bending plants back to try to even the canopy.

Strains: 1 each of White Widow by Seedsman, Super Lemon Haze by Greenhouse Seeds, OG Kush by Dinafem, and Ayahuasca Purple by Barney's Farm
Stage: Seedings, popped out on 02/02/2018
Temps: Day 77-82, Night 64-68
Humidity: 70-85
Problems: First Super Lemon Haze was a dud, so it's a few days behind the others.

20180206_120846.jpg

Any tips, feedback greatly appreciated. I'm hoping the plants from the second grow will be done in 4 to 5 weeks, add on another 1 for drying, which would give the babies in my third grow at minimum another 5 to 6 weeks in veg in the veg tent, and then 2 more weeks in veg in the bigger tent with HPS before flipping to flower.

Plants look so different because I was trying all sorts of different training methods. I think I'm going to land on mainlining the sativa plants and two toppings early for the indica plants and letting them go 2 months in veg.

Weekly update....

The second grow is coming to an end. Today I fed them for the last time. Plan on harvesting them on 03/03/2018. That will be exactly 56 days from the 12/12 switch. Northern Lights breeder says it flowers in 45-50 days, Blue Cheese breed says 50 to 60 days. Hairs on the Northern Lights are curled in and 20% brown. Blue Cheese, not quite so much, but it's all coming down at 8 weeks regardless. Just going to give plain water for the next 17 days.

All 6 Plants
All_13.jpg

Northern Lights
Northern_Lights_18.jpg
Nothern_Lights_Close_1.jpg

Blue Cheese
Blue_Cheese_1.jpg

Bluse_Cheese_Close_1.jpg

On the third grow, things are going well. I bought a cheap 1000W LED for $109 and the plants seem to be loving it so far. The Ayahuasca Purple is especially taking off. They got their first feeding which was extremely diluted, about 5ml of food to 28 ounces of water. Seemed to do the trick, all of the plants are significantly bigger today than yesterday. I will be potting them up to 2 gallon nursery pots this weekend. Since I have a crop coming in soon to alleviate my current shortage of supply, I decided I'm going to try mainlining all of them.

New_13.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom