PlanetaryHerb's Soil Grow 2.0 - Mystery Seeds - T5's - 600W HPS - Perpetual

Re: PlanetaryHerb's Soil Grow 2.0 - (Mystery Seeds, T5's, 600W HPS, Perpetual)

Hi Planet, from the info that I've found, and my own experience, I've started topping at 4th or 5th node. seedlings are looking good.;)

Thanks stealthgrow! Most of them are already at the point where they are currently producing the 5th node. I'm probably going to wait a couple more weeks before I begin topping any of them. I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be doing it too soon. Thanks again for the quick response.

:peace:

This morning the plants were looking dry so a watered them with just water with no nutrients. I decided that I'm going to just add the nutes to every other watering unless there looks to be some deficiency. I will also be increasing the dosage each time until I'm up to the just below the recommended dose.

Today is the end of week 4 and 28 days from seed, which also marks the end of the seedling growth stage! :). The plants are looking great, I'm really loving how squat the are and the internode spacing they are producing. It's already starting to look like a SOG in the tent! They should now be entering full on vegetation, and should really start exploding in growth even more than they have already.

Next Tuesday I will be planting two more seeds. I'm going to using seeds that came from the bud from the Critical Jack Herer plant in my last grow. I found 5 in all, and I really enjoyed the buds that plant produced.

I will also be trying topping for the first time on some of the plants probably in another week or so. That's all I can think of for now. Let me know what you guys think so far!

Week #4, Day 28

IMG_136213.JPG
IMG_136311.JPG
IMG_136417.JPG
IMG_136514.JPG
IMG_136613.JPG
IMG_136712.JPG
IMG_136817.JPG
IMG_136913.JPG
IMG_137016.JPG
IMG_137116.JPG
IMG_137218.JPG
IMG_13739.JPG
IMG_137418.JPG

looking very nice planet!!:thumb: I would top them now if i were you, they are definitely big enough for it.
Look at them, they are begging for it... "i want two tops, not just one"....
:)

:rollit:

looking very nice planet!!:thumb: I would top them now if i were you, they are definitely big enough for it.
Look at them, they are begging for it... "i want two tops, not just one"....
:)

:rollit:

Thanks stealthgrow! If you say they are more than ready for a topping, then I think I will definitely be doing it sometime this week. I will update with pics again when I do it. I'm planning on topping 5 out of the 10 plants growing and every two weeks I will place a topped and un-topped plant in the flower so that I can see a side by side comparison of how beneficial topping is if at all to the overall final yield :). The 5 tallest plants will be the ones to get the topping.

Now Hold on there tiger, that's a lot of responsability you've put on my shoulders. :) just kidding.
They are big enough for sure. They are much bigger than mine when I topped for the first time. The reason I topped early was to create the two main branches low on the main stalk. The later you start topping the more your plant will be skinny at the bottom and fat at the top instead of fat all over.;) I guess it all depends on how you want your plant to grow in the space you have.

Now Hold on there tiger, that's a lot of responsability you've put on my shoulders. :) just kidding.
They are big enough for sure. They are much bigger than mine when I topped for the first time. The reason I topped early was to create the two main branches low on the main stalk. The later you start topping the more your plant will be skinny at the bottom and fat at the top instead of fat all over.;) I guess it all depends on how you want your plant to grow in the space you have.

Lol, I'll only blame you a little if anything goes wrong haha :), I kid, I kid... I have already thought about topping them already, but then I just though I'd give them another week or so just to make sure they were strong enough. Like you said earlier and I've also read elsewhere, they should be good after the 4th or 5th node and they are past that now. I definitely prefer these guys to be fat little bushes than tall. But don't worry I won't be touching any of them until I personally feel they are ready. However, it is always nice to get an opinion from someone with a little experience. Thanks stealthgrow!

I decided that I will top the plants this Friday after work shortly before lights off so that they have a little time to recover. I will also be trimming off all of the lower sets of leaves on all the plants. Mainly just the first 2 sets of true leaves, the one's with 1 blade leafs and the one's with 3 blade leafs. Stay tuned for more updates :).

I topped 5 of the tallest plants tonight and trimmed some of the lower foliage off of all of them. This is my very first attempt at topping, so all you experienced toppers let me know how you think I did. The plants are around 6-7 inches tall, give or take, the tape measure in the picture is measuring from the ground not the base of the plant. The plants will be getting fed their increased dose of EarthJuice Grow either tomorrow or Sunday as I was noticing they were getting dry while I was working in the tent today. Other than that, the plants are looking great! Here are the pics... :)

Day 31 from Seed - First attempt at topping

IMG_137714.JPG
IMG_137819.JPG
IMG_137915.JPG
IMG_138014.JPG
IMG_138113.JPG
IMG_138210.JPG
IMG_138310.JPG
IMG_138612.JPG
IMG_13877.JPG
IMG_138810.JPG
IMG_139012.JPG
IMG_138911.JPG
IMG_13849.JPG
IMG_138514.JPG
IMG_139111.JPG

Hi Planet, nice plants, they doing great, and nice topping buddy!!:)
You did it textbook, but you also could have just taken the top little node off the very top instead of the node with the two leaves. doesn't really make a difference either way, just a matter of personal preference. + reps buddy!
:goodjob:

Hi Planet, nice plants, they doing great, and nice topping buddy!!:)
You did it textbook, but you also could have just taken the top little node off the very top instead of the node with the two leaves. doesn't really make a difference either way, just a matter of personal preference. + reps buddy!
:goodjob:

Thanks stealthgrow! Yeah I wasn't sure if there was enough growth to top it one node higher, so I just played it safe as this was my first attempt. Will take down the note for future toppings. Thanks for the info and reps! Much appreciated! :)

Just a quick update on the garden. The plants got fed again with the EarthJuice Grow at about 1/2 strength from the manufacturer's recommendation yesterday morning if my horrible memory serves me correctly. Making it about 15mL/2Gallon. The really seem to be loving the EarthJuice, and are showing awesome growth. I will be sowing to more seeds tomorrow, which marks the first crucial step to becoming a perpetual farmer :). Also, it is now safe to say that all 5 topping attempts were successful and they each now have 2 tops growing where there was one! Yay! I will be placing the order for the flowering tent this weekend. The first plants will be induced into flowering no later than 9/17/2013. I will be selecting either plants that have already begun to show female preflowers by that point or, if there are no preflowers yet, I will be selecting the strongest looking plants to flower first. That's it for now.

I hope everyone is making it through their Monday!

Today was the end of Week #5 or 35 Days from seed. The plants are looking really good, and the plants the received the topping are really starting to pick up again after the initial shock. One of the top plants is is doing phenomenal and has produced 7-8 tops that are all close to the same height now.

I also planted 3 more seeds today. Instead of using seeds that came from the Critical Jack Herer from my last grow like I had planned on I instead just chose three of the best looking seeds at random from the stock I have saved up over the years. Hopefully they will be showing themselves in the next 3-4 days.

That's about it for now. I plan on upgrading the veg tent with two 6 inch clip on fans at the top on either side just as soon as I get around to making it to the store to by them. Now on to the pics :)...

Vegging Plants 08/27/2013

IMG_139614.JPG
IMG_140114.JPG
IMG_140212.JPG
IMG_140316.JPG
IMG_14049.JPG
IMG_140514.JPG
IMG_140613.JPG
IMG_140718.JPG
IMG_140816.JPG
IMG_140911.JPG
IMG_141017.JPG
IMG_141114.JPG
IMG_141218.JPG
IMG_141316.JPG
IMG_141417.JPG
IMG_142018.JPG
IMG_142111.JPG
IMG_142221.JPG
IMG_142318.JPG
IMG_142416.JPG
IMG_142514.JPG

Seed Stock, Newly Planted Seeds, and Full view of Tent
IMG_139714.JPG
IMG_139814.JPG
IMG_139916.JPG
IMG_140012.JPG
IMG_141514.JPG
IMG_141612.JPG
IMG_141720.JPG
IMG_141920.JPG
IMG_141814.JPG

Boom ... now you have two tops.
That is so freaking cool. Good job man :cheer:
Plants are looking really great

Thanks Hijinks! I was also thinking it was pretty freakin sweet! So much so, I kind of got carried away in the garden today...:)

Back
Top Bottom