Pilot Talk Mystery & Mutant Grow Journal

Looking good! LST time! I love LST. Usually do it with a combination of topping/FIM/and super crop. How will you grow these out? Normally under LST condition?

For this time around i plan on LST'ing them around the pot, just like the pic below, and then hit them with a scrog after to still control the height somewhat in flower.

LST_ing_Method.jpg

Update 07/10

Friday I transplanted them all into their final homes. M1 went into a 3 gallon smart pot, and the rest went into 2 gallon smart pots. I also decided to stop with the lst, due to the stem of M1 being to thick to bend imo, so I decided to put in my scrog screen to start training them a little before I switch into flower. Another dilemma I'm facing at the moment is that M1 is growing faster than I planned. I had planned to flower in 2 weeks
and I might have to switch to flowering sometime next week because of space issues. Other than that I'll keep you guys posted on whether or not I'll switch to flowering this upcoming week.

IMAG02398.jpg
IMAG02429.jpg

Journal Update

Well today is the last day of veg for the plants. They've filled 20-30 percent of the screen, but the main colas keep jumping pass the screen. I've been moving them to another hole in the screen, but after a couple of hours they just correct themselves. I'm gonna give them 24 -36 hours of darkness, so I wont be turning the light back on until Thursday.

IMAG024510.jpg

Journal Update

Today marks the second day of 12/12. They are really shooting for the sky now since the switch to 12/12. I also confirmed that M1 is a beautiful woman, which I'm pumped about since she is the biggest plant. M2 and M3 are starting to show signs of sex too, but I'm not sure which sex yet. They look to be female, but the signs of sex are so small and my microscope batteries died which sucks cause I can probably confirm the sex if they weren't dead. M4 hasn't showed any signs of sex yet which is fine. Other than that plants are doing well some yellowing on the older leaves that don't get much light. Here the pics:

Group Shots
IMAG02466.jpg
IMAG02476.jpg
IMAG02677.jpg

M1
IMAG02487.jpg
IMAG02535.jpg
IMAG02563.jpg
IMAG02575.jpg

M2
IMAG02665.jpg
IMAG02654.jpg

M3
IMAG02628.jpg
IMAG02647.jpg
IMAG02639.jpg

M4
IMAG02584.jpg
IMAG02595.jpg
IMAG02617.jpg

Journal Update

1 week of 12/12 complete
So today I killed M2 and M3 due to growing balls. It was my first time getting males, and was a pivotal experience for me. I wish i had the space to let them flower out, so i could collect the pollen but oh well. M1 and M4 are doing well though so I took clones of them today, 4 from M1 and 2 from M4; also watered both plants today w/plain water & molasses. Here are the pics:

Group Shot
DSCN11803.JPG

M1
DSCN11912.JPG
DSCN11732.JPG
DSCN11952.JPG
DSCN11832.JPG
DSCN11783.JPG

M4
DSCN1190.JPG
DSCN11742.JPG
DSCN11861.JPG
DSCN11931.JPG
DSCN11823.JPG

:peace:

man those ladies are looking great man you're growing them just right. I see you're still cloning with a dome and a medium, I would recommend building a little aero cloner. It's the easiest thing to make, costs less than $50 and I've run at least 50 clones through mine already and I've had 100% success with nothing but tap water.

I have some pics in my gallery of the assembly. Its a 5 gal bucket, some 1/2" pvc, ez clone sprayer nozzles, and a submersible pump.. I cut 17 2" holes in the lid, slid in some neoprene pucks, take a cut off the plant, and in 7 days I have roots. No need for a dome or anything, you never have wilting clones, they just take care of themselves.

man those ladies are looking great man you're growing them just right. I see you're still cloning with a dome and a medium, I would recommend building a little aero cloner. It's the easiest thing to make, costs less than $50 and I've run at least 50 clones through mine already and I've had 100% success with nothing but tap water.

I have some pics in my gallery of the assembly. Its a 5 gal bucket, some 1/2" pvc, ez clone sprayer nozzles, and a submersible pump.. I cut 17 2" holes in the lid, slid in some neoprene pucks, take a cut off the plant, and in 7 days I have roots. No need for a dome or anything, you never have wilting clones, they just take care of themselves.

Thanks bro. I've been thinking about going with a little aero cloner for a while, because of all the success I've seen other growers have with them. I just don't have the space right now, but I plan on getting another grow tent next month. I'm gonna have to check out your gallery to see how you set yours up, so when i get my grow tent next month and i can get the aero cloner setup too.

Journal Update

Day 14 of 12/12

Everything is going well, just a few problems. M1 is yellowing a little between some of the veins on the leaves, so I gave her some cal/mag. M4 has been flowering more slower than M1, but I that's most likely because it's sativa (hence flowering take longer). Clones look to be doing well and I forgot to take pics of them, also no signs of roots yet. Here are the pics.

M1
DSCN12284.JPG
DSCN12312.JPG
RSCN1244.JPG
RSCN1245.JPG
RSCN1246.JPG
RSCN1247.JPG

M4
DSCN12302.JPG
DSCN12392.JPG
DSCN12351.JPG
DSCN12433.JPG

O yea toke up guys:Rasta:
DSCN12273.JPG

:peace:

Nice work on the plants, PT. No sign of nute burns on the tip. It's still fresh green, all healthy. These mystery seeds are quite amazing with tight nodes, and big leafs. Can't wait to see how they fatten up. More of the plant's characteristic are shown after the swelling.

Yea I'm surprised about these seeds too. I got the seeds a year ago from AMS seeds, happy outdoor mix, and they are considered to be the frankenstein's out of the bunch of seeds they experiment to make new strains. They also throw in old seeds of different strains, when they harvest new seeds as well. But yea they're living up to their names of frakensteins, but healthy ones. I can't wait to see them swell up and start producing thrics also to see the characteristics/genetics.

Journal Update

Day 23 of 12/12

Well sorry for not updating like I usually have, been busy with a lot. As for the plants they are doing good, except for some yellowing to the leaves on both plants. M4 had went half-past death the other day when I didn't water her, but has sprung back since i watered her earlier in the morning. I gave both plants some nutes today with their watering's. M1 is feeling in nicely and has begun to frost up on me :) whereas M4 continues to bud up sluggishly. She's getting there, but it's just taking time for her and I have the patience to wait. Also supper-cropped M4 as she grew past the light this past week. Here are the pics, didn't take to much of M4 by the way.

M1
DSCN12493.JPG
DSCN12513.JPG
DSCN12553.JPG
DSCN12603.JPG
DSCN12611.JPG
DSCN1263.JPG
DSCN12653.JPG

M4
DSCN12671.JPG

DSCN12681.JPG
DSCN12701.JPG
DSCN12711.JPG

:peacetwo:

Hey PilotTalk, I just found out about your journal. This is your second grow? Very impressive, all the girls fat and happy! I'm sub'd :popcorn:.

:welcome: to the journal and thnaks bro. Yup this is my second grow on here. My first grow didn't turn out to well and I ended up abandoning that journal before I finished the grow sadly. I ended up just under a QP off of four plants, which wasn't bad, but I felt that I had made a lot of rookie mistakes which effected the quality. But yea plants are going way better this round, and I can't wait to see how they turn out :)

Back
Top Bottom