PilotTalk Soil 4 Strains 1st Grow Journal- 2011

yea i was thinking calcium or mag deficiency as well too, and that was confirmed by another grower when i posted a thread for help. my ph is actually in the 6.5-7 range,and has been through out the grow and i should edit my first post. Im planning to get some cal-mag plus today when my nearby hydro store opens. I read up online that a lot of other growers had mag or cal problems with fox farm soil in one or two plants out of their grow and the rest didnt, and i think that's whats happening to these two plants. hopefully the cal-mag plus can cure my plants. other than that do you have a suggestion whether or not i should use cal-mag plus or some other form of way to raise the mag?

+reps for the help bro

interesting...the soil mixes should contain enough Mg and Ca for at least the first 3-4 weeks.maybe the problem is not with the content of the soil mix, but with the overall ph of the media. i don't know. maybe you should measure the PH of the runoff water and then you will get a picture about the PH of the soil itself. anyway, there are special fertilizers, which contain only one element, such as Mg, Ca, N, P, K, Fe, etc...i guess your location is somewhere in the states, so i can't help you because my location is in europe. but google is your friend!

Update 03/03

Its been two weeks or so, and they are growing. i had some problems last week with two plants special k and royal kush, but they seem to have corrected the problems. other than that the raw diesel has been catching up with the others. the midnight kush is by far the helathiest plant of them all and has a little pungent smell to it :). here are the pics :grinjoint:

Midnight Kush
IMAG01106.jpg

Im going to start lst on her and the royal kush soon

Special K
IMAG01112.jpg

Raw Diesel
IMAG01125.jpg

Royal Ksuh
royal_kush.jpg

wow man! seems like everything is OK. i'm looking forward to your lst. maybe you should give a little bit less water to the special k. her leaves are looking downwards a little bit. that's not the best.

I lst'd the special k, and both of the kushes the other day and their tops had already started shooting back upwards. So i had tied them down some more today and i also started lst on the raw diesel today. ill post some pics later today or tomorrow when i get the chance

Update 03/08 week 3

Yesterday I fed my ladies some Big bloom for the first time, and they have reacted really well to the nutes so far. Other than that little problems here and there but Ive been fixing them. They also have reacted well to the lst. The stems are thickening up and thats a good sign. Here are the past due pics i owe you guys :)

Midnight Kush
IMAG01226.jpg

She's getting bushier by the day

Royal Kush
IMAG01201.jpg

Even though shes predominately indica her leaves look more sativa

Raw Diesel
IMAG01173.jpg

She has caught up and has surpassed the special k. She gets bushier by the day too

Special K
IMAG01154.jpg

She just grows vertically more than anything, but shes starting to bush up

Update 03/14

well to start of with the bad news, the other day when i was bending my raw diesel plant to lst it more the main top stem broke off! So what I did was try to save the top stem by dipping it in cloning solution i have and replanted it. Also with more bad news plant leaves are yellowing on the royal kush and midnight kush. I dont know what the cause is but i haven't fed my plants anything but water lately, so i hope that I can correct that problem soon. For the good news, i'm switching to flower in the next couple of days. So right now I have them in dark room, so I cant take pics of the plants. I'm thinking of leaving them in until tomorrow, and starting 12/12 lighting and i'll update with pics then.

Sorry to hear about the stem breaking. Hopefully she'll grow some roots for you. I wouldn't put that one into flower though. Let her grow some roots and then put her into flower mode. The yellow leaves are probably a N def. Nothing to worry about just feed them something with a good dose of N.

sorry man! i had the same problem in my last round. i just let the broken stem there and fixed the broken point with tape. it took about a week, and the stem was stronger than before. these plants are very strong, they can handle these kind of accidents. you should let her one more week in veg, because taking to flowering during a shock or a N deficiency is not a good idea.

Update 03/16

All but one plant are doing well. I've been battling some yellowing of the leaves on some, but the nutes are taking care of that right now. The problem I'm facing now with this grow is that the special K plant just stopped growing for some reason (in the pic it looks like nute burn/nute lockout), so today i flushed her with some clearex and distilled water. All other plants are growing on schedule, and have adjusted well to the 12/12 light period. Here are the pics:

Midnight Kush
IMAG01364.jpg

She's bushy as hell, might start tying branches to the sides to get better lighting for the fututre

Royal Kush
IMAG01376.jpg

She's really wild looking, and the way i lstd her is the cause of it.

Raw Diesel
IMAG01344.jpg

Even though she lost her top, the secondary branches are feeling in nicely

Special K
IMAG01353.jpg

Plant went from being the head of the pac, to the back of the pac but i know things will turn out better for her

Back
Top Bottom