Pilot Talk Mystery & Mutant Grow Journal

PilotTalk

Welcome to the new grow journal 420. For this grow I'm focusing on the mistakes I made my first grow to make sure everything goes right and better. Honestly for my first grow i did decent but wasn't happy about the outcome and i know i can do way better. Other than that info let me feel you in on the grow.

What strains are they?

I have no clue of the strains because the seeds are a mixture of seeds I've collected.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?

seedling phase

Indoor or outdoor?

Indoor (2'5" x 2'3" x 5'3") L*W*H

Size of light?

Digital Sunburst 400w. For veg I will be using the Sunpulse 400w 6.4k MH bulb, and for flower GE 400w HPS bulb.

Temp of Room/cab?

The temp without light runs at 65-70 degrees but with the light on runs about 70-80 degrees

What size pot?

For now they're in cups, but will be transplanting into 1 gallon smart pots. Transplant into bigger pots later.

Ph of media?

I will try to keep the pH level between 6.5 and 6.8.

Any Pests ?

Not now but maybe later

How often am I watering?

I will be watering every other three days or so depending on the top soil.

Type and strength of ferts used?

I'll be using Fox Farm's Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, and Big Bloom. I also have Some Snow Storm Ultra but I'm debating to use it for this grow.

I'm also thinking about experimenting scrog and lst for this grow and see if that will benefit for me, but in the mean time here are the pics of the mystery seeds and mutants

M1

My oldest mystery seed 1. She has purple along her stems and underside veins on all growth. I hope she's turns out to be my first purple strain
IMAG01737.jpg

M2

Mystery Seed 2 "The triploid" mutant of the pack
IMAG01746.jpg

M3

Mystery seed 3
IMAG01754.jpg

M4
Mystery Seed 4
IMAG01765.jpg

One more pic for my fellow :420:er's
IMAG01716.jpg

Toke Up :ganjamon::ganjamon:

Update 6/21

Yesterday I transplanted M1 to 1 gallon pot, and watered her well. It looks like shes adjusting well so far. Also checked the runoff ph and got a 6.3, so I will be making adjustments to that. Other plants are catching up and doing well, and they will be transplanted in a couple days into their 1 gallon pots. Here are the pics.

M1
2nd Day of Veg/15 days from seed
Plant looks sativa dom with a little indica in it
IMAG01954.jpg

M2
10 days from seed
Triploid looks sativa
IMAG01967.jpg

M3
10 days from seed
This plant is definitely a sativa. Main finger leaf already 3.5" long and still growing
IMAG01988.jpg

M4
10 days from seed
This plant also looks sativa too.
IMAG01977.jpg

:peacetwo:

Update 6/24

Yesterday i transplanted M3 and woke up the first signs of cal/mag deficiency on two of the plants, M1 and M3. i figured that the cause is a nutrient lockout because the ph runoff last update was 6.3. So i went to the store to get some dolomite lime, though I was surprised to find that it was only 3 bucks for a 40lb bag and that made my day way better. As soon as i got back i put a layer of dolomite lime on the top soil, one tbsp, and watered them. On both runoffs i got a Ph of 6.8, so all in all things will turn around for both plants in the future. other than that tomorrow marks two weeks for M2, M3, M4, and i will be transplanting the last two plants as well. Here are the pics:

First is a pic of the dolomite lime i got for 3 bucks
IMAG02058.jpg

M1
IMAG02008.jpg

M2
IMAG02048.jpg

M3
IMAG020110.jpg

M4
IMAG02039.jpg

:peacetwo:

Looking good. Plants are healthy ready to see it grow. I've used the FF trio in the past, good stuff, go light on it first or it will burn the hell out of the girls. Save the SSU for 1/2 into flowering. Use it on 1/2 of your crop to see if that stuff works. Good growing!

:welcome: and thanks for the input HighDive. I haven't fed them any nutes yet, was planning to start giving M1 some nutes 1/4 strength yesterday, but i had to get my ph in check so i decide to wait off until next week. For the SSU im not sure if i want to try it on this grow still yet. I tried it on my last grow on all plants, and it made some really frosty, while some didn't benefit from it all.

Hey PT, what PH meter do you have? Just curious. I still need one. Haven't messed with the PH before since I use Earth Juice the company said it's not important. But now I'm seeing my plant is showing signs, thought I would invest in one.

The pH meter i use is called Milwaukee Meters Ph600. It's not a super fancy one, but it gets the job done and so far its been accurate with every reading. I got it at a grow store for 30 bucks near by me, but I've seen that people have gotten them cheaper around 20 bucks or so online. For my first grow I didn't use a pH pen, instead I had the pH tester kits from general hydroponics and it was hard for me to read sometimes. So i decided to invest in a pH meter this time around.

Update 06/27

Plants are looking green healthy, except for some of the older leaves. Yesterday I watered M1 and M3, and gave them a little dose of some grow big 1/4 strength. Hopefully the react well to them. Plants are getting bigger by the day also. M1 and M3 are around 5" tall, and the M2 and M4 around 3" tall. The leaves are somewhat big on most plants and I took pics showing their size, compared to my hands. I'm not sure when I'm going to start LST on them, but most likely it will be sometime this week. Here are the pics I promised.

M1
DSCN1078.JPG
DSCN10811.JPG
DSCN10831.JPG

M2
DSCN1090.JPG
DSCN1095.JPG
DSCN11051.JPG

M3
DSCN1106.JPG
DSCN11041.JPG
DSCN11051.JPG

M4
DSCN10982.JPG
DSCN1100.JPG
DSCN1099.JPG

The pH meter i use is called Milwaukee Meters Ph600. It's not a super fancy one, but it gets the job done and so far its been accurate with every reading. I got it at a grow store for 30 bucks near by me, but I've seen that people have gotten them cheaper around 20 bucks or so online. For my first grow I didn't use a pH pen, instead I had the pH tester kits from general hydroponics and it was hard for me to read sometimes. So i decided to invest in a pH meter this time around.

Yeah man whatever works at lower price is all good too. I just ordered one on ebay for like 10 bucks. It's from Hong Kong so still waiting for it to arrive, they estimated to take 2 weeks delivery time. I got the TSD digital reader from the same place too, and it works great so the PH reader will do as good. How long will you veg the girls before bloom?

Yeah man whatever works at lower price is all good too. I just ordered one on ebay for like 10 bucks. It's from Hong Kong so still waiting for it to arrive, they estimated to take 2 weeks delivery time. I got the TSD digital reader from the same place too, and it works great so the PH reader will do as good. How long will you veg the girls before bloom?

Ha that was deal for the pH meter and TDS meter too. I'm always looking for cheap prices as well, unless I cant find it for cheap and have to spend money on whatever it is I need. As for my girls I'm vegging them all for four weeks, or until space is a problem for them.

Update 07/01

Well a lot has happened since the last update. Earlier in the week I had suspected either a bug infection or fungi problem on my plant. I wasn't sure if it was or not, so I decided to make a homemade spray just in case of Olive oil, dish soap, and some garlic juice. I sprayed all plants down, and bombed my whole grow room with bleach and water to disinfect, and kill whatever it was. I also started LST on all plants this week. Also got my marijuana horticulture growers bible by jorge cervantes this week in the mail. This book has so much knowledge and info. I would recommend this book for every grower out there. Other than that the grow is looking better by the day.

Group shot before LST
IMAG02148.jpg

M1
IMAG02157.jpg
IMAG02164.jpg
IMAG02304.jpg
IMAG02337.jpg

M2
The tirploid has stopped its spindle growth and has developed two tops. In the third pic down you can see what I'm talking about.
IMAG02175.jpg
IMAG02186.jpg
IMAG02196.jpg

IMAG02315.jpg
IMAG02325.jpg

M3
Earlier in the week, one of my pc fans accidentally fell down on the plant. At first glance i thought it damaged the plant a little, but as it continued to grow i seen that the fan accidentally fim'd her. In the third pic down you can see how the plant got fim'd.
IMAG02206.jpg
IMAG02224.jpg
IMAG02243.jpg
IMAG02375.jpg
IMAG02385.jpg

M4
IMAG02252.jpg
IMAG02281.jpg
IMAG02344.jpg
IMAG02364.jpg

Also here's a pic of some bud I had picked up last weekend called God's Gift. Hands down best sativa I've smoked.
IMAG02136.jpg

:peacetwo::bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom