Dread's 400w Tent

Doctor Dread

Nug of the Month: 3rd Place Winner
:welcome:

Hey, hows everybody doing? I've got a project that I think some people will enjoy taking a look at.

Medium: I'm using Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. 2:1 ratio of Ocean Forest to Perlite when I transplant.
Lights: 400 watt HID. MH for veg, HPS for flower.
Nutrient: Blue Planet Nutrients: BlueMax 2-part, Liquid Blue, Early Bloomer. More to come.
Strains: Unknown Bagseed, Flo
# of Plants: 3 Bagseed, 2 Flo

Its been a year or two since I grew last, but I'm sticking with my favorite old setup. A tent in a closet! The new tent I have is bigger than my last and I now have a 6" air cooled reflector as well as a 6" centrifugal blower. I also have a nice filter to hook up once they start to get stinky. My temps are going to be primo this time of year. So far it hasn't dropped below 70F, or exceeded 81F.

I started three seeds in a paper towel about two weeks ago. All three are different and from various decent bags I've had over the past year. There's something exciting about growing seed from random bags, its always a mystery. Two of them broke the soil on 10/20. One more took a bit longer to crack and broke the soil on 10/26. I then germinated two Flo seeds shortly after; one just broke the soil tonight, the other had a nice taproot and I'm willing to bet it will break the surface in the next day or so. The bagseed is for fun and I wont be keeping it around unless it surprises me. The Flo will be cloned and grown perpetually after this round.

The plants have been getting pH 6.4 distilled water only. The Ocean Forest is great because there's no need to worry about feeding for the first couple weeks. I am waiting for my Blue Planet Nutrients to arrive, when that happens I will begin to give them the food they deserve. I can't wait to see how these nutes perform. Thanks to Corey for letting me try them out.

Here's where I'm at so far:
033100.JPG

03680.JPG

015330.JPG

012423.JPG

019209.JPG

04455.JPG

I'm excited to be back in the swing of things. Wish me luck. :peace:

re: Dread's 400w Tent

That's a good looking setup. Very practical ...... very similar to mine. I built a box. But, the dimensions and setup are very similar. Good luck with your grow.

That's a good looking setup. Very practical ...... very similar to mine. I built a box. But, the dimensions and setup are very similar. Good luck with your grow.

Thanks Muttt. I am happy to have you along for the ride. Pretty neat you built your own box! I am all about DIY, my first grow was in a home made PC grow box. I really like tents though. Something about how easy they are to disassemble if need be. Take it easy...

03784.JPG

My MH bulb burnt out so they are now under the HPS. They don't seem to mind. I rigged up a couple daylight cfls to give them some blue spectrum.

The oldest two were given their first BPN feeding. 5ml/gal of BlueMax part A/B.

Ok, got my seat and hoping all goes well in the garden.... I may try to hit Keystone for some afternoon groomers, need to get the legs in shape for when the snow gets deep...... Looking good in the hood DD .... :peace:

Some of the goodies...

photo_7_24.JPG

Went with Happy Frog instead of Ocean Forest. With the added perlite, its the shit.

The Flo seedlings are alive and well. They germinated at the same time, but one is a much slower grower than the other. The slower of the two took a day longer to break the soil and hasn't been doing too much growing since. I've got faith it will turn out to be a nice big girl in the end.

Week 2 Check out how lime green this one is turning out to be...
03591.JPG

Week 2 The runt
04358.JPG

The other three are chuggin' right along.

Day 18
030119.JPG

Day 24
03977.JPG

Day 24 This plant has had drooping leaves from the start. All good though, still growin'.
04062.JPG

As you can see, I'm giving the grocery bag pots a try. I was converted from the old ways of plastic pots by another grower. He's seen consistent yield increases since switching to smart pots, as I'm sure many others have! I'm all about DIY, and I can save a little coin in the process, even better. These are .50 cents each at a local store, instead of $5 at the grow shop. I doubled the bags and folded them down, effectively creating a four gallon smart pot.

011494.JPG

Ok, got my seat and hoping all goes well in the garden.... I may try to hit Keystone for some afternoon groomers, need to get the legs in shape for when the snow gets deep...... Looking good in the hood DD .... :peace:

Word up B. Glad to have you here. Gotta get up here homie! I'll be looking for you in the gondola, hopefully I get lucky and get to smoke some Be Irie nuggets.

See you in the trees brah

Flo #1
Day 18

This plant is growing very quickly now. It has caught up to a plant that is a week older than it. My gut is telling me this one is a male.

6 days of growth:

03591.JPG

03877.JPG

Flo #2
Day 17

This little Flo is growing much slower than its sibling. I suspect this will be my Flo female.

031114.JPG

Mystery #1
Day 30

This one was topped shortly after my last update, along with the other plant of the same age. The reaction has been positive and they are bushing out as expected.

04359.JPG

04458.JPG

Mystery #2
Day 30

Once again, this plant was topped the same time as the last plant. This one has given me trouble from the getgo, curling leaves and whatnot. In the past few days I have given them a good hit of BPN and ol' girl is starting to turn around.

033102.JPG

Mystery #3
Day 24

Can't say a bad thing about this plant. Nice tight nodes and all around healthy. This one had a massive, bright white root ball when I transplanted it into its bag a few nights ago.

04063.JPG

I did a minor defoliation on the two largest plants. They look much better and the lower branches should see more light. The grocery bags are working as they should. I drenched the oldest ones and three days later they were dry and ready for more. The roots are getting the oxygen they need. So long plastic pots.

06223.JPG

Flo #1
Day 23

I topped this plant shortly after this picture was taken.

031115.JPG

Flo #2
Day 22

Over the past few days, I have witnessed an increase in this plant's growth rate. This one has me stoked.

03593.JPG

Mystery #1
Day 35

Fourth day of LST, responding very well.

028147.JPG

Mystery #2
Day 35

Fourth day of LST. Second round of defoliation coming in a week or less.

033103.JPG

Mystery #3
Day 29

This plant was topped four days ago.

021224.JPG

Thank you Blue Planet Nutrients. :morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom