First Grow - Tent - 400W - THC Bomb - Violator Kush

JasonFSU

First shot at growing. Trying to save some money nowadays :).

-I tried to do my grow setup correctly by getting all decent quality components from the beginning.

-gothamhydro revolt digital ballast - 400w hps/mh w/ cooled reflector
-secret jardin dr90 II tent 3x3x6
-6" sunleaves inline fan mounted to back of attic cover
-6"x18" htg carbon filter
-4" htg duct fan (on the way)
-Blue Planet Nutrients 7 part organic
-2 THC bomb from bomb seeds feminized (germinating)
-2 Violator Kush from barneys farm feminized (germinating)
-2 Bagseed from a few years ago (currently started)
-FFOF soil w/ 20% perlite

Temperature with everything going after 2 hours is 79* w/ 48% RH

426479aa.jpg

60985a71.jpg

bac33757.jpg

Pic of the attic cover and fan
6de4757e.jpg

d407ae21.jpg

Re: First grow - tent, 400w, BPN - *THC Bomb, Violator Kush* (advice welcome)

Nice set up i know what the tent is my Hydro shop sells it :) great set up for a few plants! only thing i could see was ur vent has a tear in it. other than that only thing id watch out for is the heat build up in it, that was the only thing my hydro guy said about those. GOODLUCK! ill be subing to see what happens

Looking good. I cannot tell what you have going exactly, but FYI - I eventually determined (was persuaded) that exhaust sequence should be filter, fan (pulling from the filter and pushing through the hood and out), then hood. I went through several changes in setup trying to maximize space. I am sure you will also. Have fun. Good luck.

One more point. Keep in mind you have 6 vertical feet. It appears that your hood + needed distance from light probably takes up at least two of those feet. Lower profile hood = more head room. The joys of camping.

Nice set up i know what the tent is my Hydro shop sells it :) great set up for a few plants! only thing i could see was ur vent has a tear in it. other than that only thing id watch out for is the heat build up in it, that was the only thing my hydro guy said about those. GOODLUCK! ill be subing to see what happens

May just be the angle of the picture. There are no tears that I could see/hear anywhere.

Looking good. I cannot tell what you have going exactly, but FYI - I eventually determined (was persuaded) that exhaust sequence should be filter, fan (pulling from the filter and pushing through the hood and out), then hood. I went through several changes in setup trying to maximize space. I am sure you will also. Have fun. Good luck.

My inline is exhausting into the carbon filer you can see on the shelf. The fan is on the other side of the attic cover to shield noise. I have a fan controller and i think my fan is 460cfm. So I have plenty of leeway to keep the temps in check. That was my #1 concern. I have an intake fan coming on friday as well.

One more point. Keep in mind you have 6 vertical feet. It appears that your hood + needed distance from light probably takes up at least two of those feet. Lower profile hood = more head room. The joys of camping.

Yeah. I knew height was going to be my number one issue. Going to be fim'ing my plants, maybe some other training to offset the ceiling.

Thanks for the comments so far guys, love input from others.

The fan is sucking air out of the tent and blowing out into the carbon filter.

You can go both ways with it, I believe. The air is still getting cleaned. If someone has a more efficient design, I wouldn't mind changing it. keep in mind- I remote mounted everything for space reasons.

Jason- I think a key consideration is that you do not want the heated air going through the carbon filter and fan, thus the light at the end of the run. I started out the same way you have yours set up. I did not see a a measurable difference in temps, my concern became the wear and tear on the filter and fan due to heat. I have no empirical data supporting the additional wear and tear, just word of others. Makes sense though.

I leave my closet door open to combat that. There's only about a 4 degree difference in my closet vs my room. And both intakes are pointed at the a/c vent in my room.

My number one thing I'm monitoring is temp due to the size, trying to make sure the plants never see above 80.

502222d2.jpg

Any watering advice while they are seedlings? The tap roots all popped out, and they were planted 1/2 inch into soil. I pre soaked the soil, and its FFOF w/ 20% perlite. I am lightly watering them, keeping the soil moist where they are going to grow. That's my plan until I see a leaf.

Yeah i read that as well. I also have seen a ton of people successfully grow with it from start to finish... just trying to keep everything easy for my first grow I guess. If this goes decently, may try hydro.

:tokin:

This is the fan setup that ended up working the best for 24/0 lighting:

202b14d5.jpg

8c3a17e8.jpg

bd1edfd9.jpg

Here are the plants now (the red circular pots are the 2 bagseed, they're 3 days ahead of the rest).

1ea1a789.jpg

853eee90.jpg

564efaf4.jpg

This one- it almost died. Then started coming back.... but couldn't get rid of the seed casing. I guess it was growing inside it... when I pulled it off, the leaves were all bunched inside. Now 2 days later, it's spreading out and trying to be normal.

8259ed8a.jpg

Red pots are 15 days from seed 24/0 (bagseed)
Black squares are 13 days from seed 24/0

b67e41d8.jpg

d87c668c.jpg

b1140155.jpg

fb21da14.jpg

VK
bd003880.jpg

Bomb (terrible flash)
1cec4724.jpg

What are you using for water and what do you PH it to,,,,cause your FFOF should be supplying all the nutes right now, so I'm thinking its a PH problem.

Maybe you just have one bad apple? I seemed to have one when I started up mine. What I did because I wasnt exactly sure what the problem was, I changed my soil to new soil and watered with calmag additive because I use RO. It was good after that.

In my eyes, changing the soil brings you back to square one. Sorta like rolling back your computer to a stable environment after getting a bad download...its an easy way of correcting the problem when the plants are @ such a young age.

Back
Top Bottom