Driftme's Return To Hydro - Chem 4 OG - Hydro - Soil - LED - CO2

Re: Driftme's Return to Hydro - Chem 4 OG (hydro/soil/led/co2)

just a couple thoughts for hydro 5.3-5.4 is low i wouldnt go lower than 5.6 optimum 5.8 i would go as high as 6.2
next you mentioned putting the outdoor plant indoors at night to intake co2
if im not mistaken it intakes co2 during the daylight hrs turning it into o2
but at night plants intake o2
go look that shit up
just a thought

just tested ph this morning, and its sitting right at 5.8. i mixed it low initially to account for the rise i noticed in the first mixture =] i'll keep checking it every day just to make sure, but thanks for the advice =]

as for the co2... hmm.. don't only the roots intake o2? but yea you seem to be right about the daylight co2 correlation. ok fine, i wont haul the plant back and forth anymore haha

everything's still looking good today. checked again for roots reaching the res, and none yet. there's a good 7-8 inches of hydroton to go through before that happens though, so maybe itll be this week =]

the soil plants look great. still unsure about the outdoor one but i'll juts keep treating it like its alive lol.

res temp was about 72, room temp still holding solid at 80-82.

welcome new visitors, and thanks for the kind words =]

gonna have a new set of pics tonight when the lights come on.. i peeked in during their 1hr light period just now and its looking great!

the ones in soil are looking nice and healthy. the plant i had outside was definitely dead. it was just cool enough out that it stayed crisp. today it was very clearly dead. the stem wasn't taking up any water so it dried out and wilted. oh well, i planted a random sprout in its place =]
IMG_055719.JPG
IMG_056018.JPG

weird discoloration on only one of the leaves on the hydro plant. gonna keep an eye on it
IMG_055416.JPG

looking healthy though. already planning out what branches i'm gonna pull where =]
IMG_055225.JPG
IMG_055820.JPG

seeing a bit of burn on the edges like that one leaf.. i think tomorrow i'll cut back the strength of the res a little. they're growing like crazy but still feel not quite ready for the lst.

alright, almost two weeks in and things are starting to progress quickly!

the airpot plants are looking really solid and healthy, not explosive growth but theyre vigorous.

today we finally have touchdown! there are roots in the reservoir =] i gotta get to the store tomorrow and get the tubing i need to put my airstones in the water.

so far they're still just doing the alternating leaf thing, no actual pairs.

IMG_057719.JPG
IMG_057821.JPG
IMG_057914.JPG
IMG_058018.JPG
IMG_058222.JPG
IMG_058321.JPG

oh yea. ph is 6.6, so i'm adjusting with fill water. wednesday is when i'll be changing the res so for now some lower ph water to even it out should work.

Just properly went through your journals, I'm ordering my second 90w this week what spectrum are yours my current 2 are red blue orange, also I saw air pots in the shop I get my foods from considering getting same size you got or rhizo pot equivalent. What are green pads also? I was gonna try yeast and sugar water for co2 but this sounds better more controlled, last question what size is your tent?
P.s sorry if I shouldn't post this here drift me remember I'm a noobe to the forum community

hey, thanks for stopping by =]

by all means feel free to post whatever on here. we're all on here to enjoy talking about and looking at grows, and helping out. the more discussion the better.

honestly i dont have the paperwork on the lights but one is more red than the other. they seem to do ok. i'm planning on adding a 200w light soon, possibly ordering this week.... possibly. thats a lot of $ right now lol

yea the airpots are AMAZING! I wish i had taken some root pics from my last grow. the ones i'm using are 3 liter, but i wouldnt mind trying some 5L pots soon

Easy CO 2 Healthier Plants | The Green Pad CO 2 Generator
and greenpads are much easier than yeast etc. no mess, no cleanup, no setup.. reliable.

tent is 2x3x5

fsdfs

Took another look today.. i couldnt resist. 8 healthy roots coming out of the bottom of the hydroton and swimming in the res =] the longest one has about 5-6 visible inches, and they're starting to branch everywhere. good stuff. you can tell the difference in the plant too.. much faster growth now.

pictures..... for some reason, although i've rotated them, two pictures refuse to appear rotated lol. sorry. tomorrow when i change the res i'm going to start tying the hydro one and i'll have a lot of pics then.

IMG_059121.JPG
IMG_059022.JPG
IMG_058923.JPG

ok, reservoir change today. new res is right at 5.5 and somewhere between the light and aggressive nute mix. "normal". =]

she was getting really tall so i decided to bend her and tie her down a bit. also you can see from the pics, she's ready to explode into flower when i let her! the roots are looking great. I didn't have a good way to get a pic, sorry. maybe next time.

airpots are still vigorous as ever, not growing as fast, but definitely strong.

none of them have actual pairs of leaves yet.

pictures!

before tying:
IMG_059923.JPG

IMG_060122.JPG

the airpots:
IMG_060220.JPG
IMG_060317.JPG

closeup of lady parts:
IMG_060718.JPG
IMG_060916.JPG

tied down:
IMG_061115.JPG
IMG_061217.JPG

starting to have fun :tokin:

2 hours from lights-on =\ im bored and i wanna peek lol.

excited to see the fruits of the lst. checked on them before lights-out this morning and it was reacting favorably.

things are looking good. reservoir is still tending to climb in ph, i just need to keep adjusting it i guess.

these things have such an awesome diesely smell to them =]

IMG_061520.JPG
IMG_061618.JPG

Hmm it does seem to be rising fast. Mine rises about the same amount over 72 hours.

Couple of questions that may help narrow down the problem. Where are you getting your water from, and whats its starting ph? Did you give the hydroton a good soak before using? Did you clean the hydro equipment before using, regardless if it was new or used previously?
If you are using tap water it may have a strong buffer that causes it to rise faster, you could put some straight tap in a bucket and let it sit for a few days, and test its ph over the course of the few days and see how much it rises naturally.

using tap water, and it starts around 8-8.4 if i remember correctly.

yea the hydroton has been soaked and washed many times =] i soaked and rinsed it until the water came out clear, and then did it a few more times.

hydro equipment was 100% clean

the bucket idea is interesting, i'll try that. i didnt consider that the tap water might have something thats causing the issue.

Back
Top Bottom