Driftme's Return To Hydro - Chem 4 OG - Hydro - Soil - LED - CO2

holy carp. i can't believe its been over a week since i posted pictures!

i'm so terribly sorry =] lol. to make it up to you i have lots and lots of pictures of all of my babies! 19 to be exact lol

so.. its been just over a week since i turned them over to the flowering schedule, so they're now down a half hour of light. 11.5/12.5
GLR remember? =]

ok so lets start with the airpots. some of them are stronger than others, and i've kinda just been experimenting with them. one i haven't really touched. two of them were supercropped, bent once at 90 degrees, almost halfway down.. they seemed to do ok with that and poked up some new shoots before curving back up toward the light. interesting lol.

regular growth.. this one is kinda scrawny.
IMG_081724.jpg
IMG_082017.jpg
IMG_081921.jpg

these are the supercropped ones. so weird =]
IMG_081419.jpg
IMG_081616.jpg

IMG_082125.jpg
IMG_082223.jpg

here's my favorite of the soil plants. so nice and healthy, and its at least half the size of the hydro plant. what a beast! can't wait to see how much this one produces, its just strong as hell and bushy for such a compact pot.
IMG_080923.jpg
IMG_081121.jpg
IMG_081222.jpg
IMG_081324.jpg

the garden overall:
IMG_080724.jpg
IMG_080822.jpg

and now closeups of the hydro =] starting to fill out and its stretching like crazy lol. i built a shield around the base of the stem, because the nute water splashing and depositing salts was eating away at it i think. i lost two of the lower branches earlier in the week.. they just fell off. the trunk seems to be a lot healthier now that i cleaned it thoroughly and shielded it from the salty splashes. still having ph issues. it just wants to go over 6 all the time. next run, i think i'm going to try with just distilled water rather than tap water. i feel like this plant could be better, but i'm pleased so far for my first actual hydro grow. learning things for next time =]
IMG_082325.jpg
IMG_082614.jpg
IMG_082814.jpg
IMG_082916.jpg
IMG_083016.jpg
IMG_083322.jpg

yea its nowhere near level right now. this powergrower could really take up the entire tent if i let it. might try a 1 plant scrog next time. it's kind of an odd shape for the area I've given it lol.

i've never purchased clones before this, so I didn't know that later generations of clones will grow asymmetrical nodes forever.. i was letting them just grow until they started making pairs of leaves.. now i know that i can top them sooner. next grow will be structured better =]

I've done a lot more bending and manual LST. It was getting pretty unruly. Folded some branches back over the areas with less aggressive growth.. its now 2 layers lol.

Buds are forming and starting to smell great.

Pics tomorrow =]

i made a preset in adobe camera raw that knocks out all the pink glow from the LEDs and gets a truer approximation of color =]

was kinda tired last night and didn't tweak each picture beyond my auto settings. the last one is a little TOO green heh.

i love it you post alot of pictures
you can always go back and see it change as it grows:thumb:

good job on supercropping.
ty =] i think i may have actually done damage to two of the branches (one on the hydro, one on an airpot plant) but we'll see. its all experimentation and learning!

dammit. wrote a long post about what's happening, and then remembered to upload photos... used the same page and lost it. oops.

anyway, to make a longer story short, added two 4" airstones on a separate pump from the drip ring, did some defoliation, watered the soil plants, and took a pic of the hydro plant overall since its been a while.

so that pic, and one of some bud development. don't want to spam you guys with pics TOO often lol

IMG_090514.JPG
IMG_090822.JPG

lol then it wouldnt be a challenge =P (although now that i look at them again, its not THAT obvious which is which. its the light color and the angle of the tent pole that give it away for me. first one is hydro)

ill be doing some stuff tomorrow like changing res etc, will post more pics then!

Back
Top Bottom