Drying buds?

Canachris

Drying is so confusing, everything I've read says don't jar em until the little stems on the popcorn buds snap rather than bend. it's 4 days hanging and still bendy, the buds seem dry an kinda crunchy. opinions advice ?

IMG_20240518_085538897.jpg

IMG_20240518_085529486.jpg

IMG_20240518_085524099.jpg

The outside may seem crunchy, but when you jar it the buds will soften up quickly from all the moisture in those big stems. I try to go by weight. Dry weight will be about 25% of wet weight, so once you hit that target weight, good time to jar.

Thanks again, I was thinking about cutting the buds smaller too ... But they look so big if ya don't... but they say "size don't matter", well my X did anyhoo
I've got a thing for drying colas too. They still seem so surreal.

Drying is so confusing, everything I've read says don't jar em until the little stems on the popcorn buds snap rather than bend. it's 4 days hanging and still bendy, the buds seem dry an kinda crunchy. opinions advice ?
Hey Chris, just my 2 cents.

I started off drying stems and colas then when it came to jarring. I then had no problem remembering to smoke some but I would often forget to burp the jars which I found a PITA especially when the unburped jars would get mould.

But since those frustrations I changed to whole plant drying, preferably with the main root mass left on to give an even longer slower dry. Then after 3 - 5 weeks depending on plant size and without using any hygrometers, I trim and jar the bud without any burping. For me, this works great.

My favourite bud from last year was a sticky African cross I made. It was whole plant dried for 5 weeks then jarred with no burping. It has cured beautifully and the jarred buds are still gooey and heavy with resin, an absolute grinder wrecker!

Thanks Stunger, I tried something similar last grow without the root ball. I only cut off the big fan leaves and chopped it a soil level hung it to dry about two weeks. it was a real pain getting a closer trim after it dried.

Back
Top Bottom