Drying method

RedeyedRasta

i cut down my plant today and i am drying them using a shoe box

i line the shoe box with kitchen roll and place buds in there with kitchen cloth over the top (not touching) and keep the box near a radiator

whats the pros and cons with this method?

i need to dry them as secretly as possible ....... i cant have the smell stinking my house out :)

Did you wet trim and pop buds off of stems or did you leave the leaves and stems on? When you said "kitchen roll" do you mean wax paper or plastic wrap?
A good dry includes a certain amount of humidity and free flowing air. If your buds are fresh and you're enclosing them like this, you're certainly inviting mold to the drying party....

:peace:

no as my friends grew it for me and once it was harvested he had police scrawling the area so i had to take it to my mums house ....... i have now hit a problem as i think they are getting mold on them :(

you need to dry them at about 68 to 72f with free moving air. i'd suggest getting a old box cut some holes in the sides and also run some string or sticks thru it so you can hang your buds.

that's what i do when needed to. Hope these pic's give u a better idea
991.jpg

harv.jpg

no as my friends grew it for me and once it was harvested he had police scrawling the area so i had to take it to my mums house ....... i have now hit a problem as i think they are getting mold on them :(

Oh bummer....so your bud spent the last 8 days in a box and you're just now seeing mold? Oh man...I bet the insides of them have rotted. So sorry for you. It's probably too late to save them, but check the inside of each bud and if by some miracle they are mold and rot free, flash them dry as fast as you can. OPEN AIR, low/no humidity room with woodstove or radiator heat in the 80's. If you're trying to be covert and not noticed by mom, this won't be something you can do, but if you don't, you may as well chuck it all in the compost heap and chalk it up to a lesson sorely learned....

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom