Hang or Bag method to dry?

• Hang it up!

Votes: 242 79.6%
  • Bag it up!

Votes: 42 13.8%
  • I use another method to dry mine.

Votes: 20 6.6%

• Total voters
OK... I want to be straight on somethings here.
How long of a hang time is the norm? In days/weeks.
How long of a bag time is the norm? In days/weeks.
And while in jars how many times, and how long should they be opened and turned daily?
And after curing is done, how long is jar life good sealed.
and last but not least... How do you really know when its dry enough to freeze?
Oh... one more.... Should I dismantle the big buds for drying and curing, and keep them separate from the rest? (so that I know what they were)

Times depend on too many factors to pin down like that.

This one hung for almost 3 days.
I hang 'em till the leafs have a crunch to them.
they were sorta crunchy yesterday evenin'
then the weather got damp and so did they.

Then I leave them in a bag till the stems snap, not bend :cheesygrinsmiley:
how many days does that take,
depends on how thick the stems are.
another 3-7 days in dry conditions.

my drying before cure takes 7-14 days

The longer You take the better the smoke :cheesygrinsmiley:

Mine hang for 5 to 7 days and then I manicure them when the big fan leaves get slightly crisp. Manicure too soon and it allows the bud to dry too fast. After the manicure I put them into a paper bag until the stems almost snap then I start to jar them for the cure. I sweat the remaining moisture from the bud by opening the jars a few times a day but not too much. No one wants powdered weed after all. Once the stems snap I smoke!:cheesygrinsmiley:

Times depend on too many factors to pin down like that.

This one hung for almost 3 days.
I hang 'em till the leafs have a crunch to them.
they were sorta crunchy yesterday evenin'
then the weather got damp and so did they.

Then I leave them in a bag till the stems snap, not bend :cheesygrinsmiley:
how many days does that take,
depends on how thick the stems are.
another 3-7 days in dry conditions.

my drying before cure takes 7-14 days

The longer You take the better the smoke :cheesygrinsmiley:

Mine hang for 5 to 7 days and then I manicure them when the big fan leaves get slightly crisp. Manicure too soon and it allows the bud to dry too fast. After the manicure I put them into a paper bag until the stems almost snap then I start to jar them for the cure. I sweat the remaining moisture from the bud by opening the jars a few times a day but not too much. No one wants powdered weed after all. Once the stems snap I smoke!:cheesygrinsmiley:

Same here

Guess i grow to many cola's to bag dry buds. I am a super topper each plant has at least 12-24+ tops all as huge as my forarm! i use the hang'em like a clothes line methode! 20ft box trailer with lines tied from one side to the other row after row of hanging cola's no way to even think of bagging that much weed until dry and clipped down! then i bag the dry buds for the final cure! If u only grow a few oz's then bag it i guess but for anyone who grows big oz size tops. I dont see how it will work to bag them. The grower who says he takes a bunch of tops and ties them together and hanges them in a bag. how does the bag not collaps from the weight of the tops??????? Once again why chance mold with your GOLD!

Do you have any pics:cheesygrinsmiley:
That would be dope to see those massive colas

Ay, who was it talkin' about gettin' a rental truck to use to dry?

I came up with a different spin on it:
Get the wardrobe boxes U-haul sells, just right for a 5-8 foot Darlin' to hang in,
get the truck and rent a storage unit to move the wardrobe/boxes into.
Weed too stinky, get a unit with power and an air cleaner.

You are storing expensive clothes and need controlled climate :cheesygrinsmiley:

I also use bags after they've been hung to a dry but not twig snappin' dry. Hard to say how long for each as temps and RH dictate that unless you have a dryer setup. I'm drying right now, actshully.

Shov

I like to hang dry till the stems are a semi-crispy with a oscillating fan set at low. Then I use a mason jar to cure.

Has anyone used vacuum sealed freezer bags to store and had any results? I just got a "Handy-Vac" and thought about using it.

depends< using a 4-6 pack cardboard box conatiner as a place to dry buds in works> acts as a place to trim them too> or an enclosed ventilated cardboard box can be effective for smaller amounts

CubsRule420- just a quick open and close each day or... ?

Hang dry 10"-12" branches until outer leaves are crispy and the stem snaps. Cut off the buds from the stem and trim the bad leaves off. Place buds on a tray and put outside at night from about 1:00 - 3:00 a.m. This gives the buds an even coat of moisture. Immediately put in glass jar and cure for 1-2 months occasionally opening the jar and gently shaking to let chlorophyl out.

i have always hung it for about a week or two untill the stem about snaps.....the trim and put in glass mason jars, has any one else ever use this method? open a the jars a couple times a day to let air out.....but after it's totaly dry it is not needed......

Back
Top Bottom