Hang or Bag method to dry?

• Hang it up!

Votes: 242 79.6%
  • Bag it up!

Votes: 42 13.8%
  • I use another method to dry mine.

Votes: 20 6.6%

• Total voters
I owe you a appology SpennyDaBest. I shouldn't have come off the way I did towards your post and I appologize for that. I should have been more diplomatic and understanding. While it's true that boiling roots is a myth and I'm not sorry for putting that message out, I should have explained myself in a better more civilized manner. I'm sorry for offending and possibly belittling you and hope you'll accept my appology. I truly meant no harm and wasn't even thinking about how my answer could have been viewed by others, especially you. Once again sorry for the way I replied to your post.

rf

well im very impressed with the way the forum works in this site, usually when someone makes a false claim they are usually belittled and mocked much more. i accept your appoligy but in no way am saying not to make ur knowledge known. When i made the claim i was basing it on no real research and i always welcome differing opinions and, in this case, a different spectrum to the origional post. thank you for reading my posts and thank you for quickly helping me shave many minutes off my drying time by bypassing this USELESS act of boiling the roots.

Thanks Again, and by no means are there any hard feelings

Spenny DaBest

The last time I cured, it was my small (less then 18") 12/12 girls. I cut her down from the main root in the morning, and hunge her upside down for 2 days. After two days I clipped as much of the stem off as i could and bagged them for 3 days then jarred them.

I just made sure to rotate them in the bag and keep them in a 30-40% humidity 73 degree temps.

the problem with bags is they steal ALOT of resin heads. if you look at the empty ziploc bag after you take the herb out you can see lots of tiny hairs and crystals,(Resin Heads) remain stuck and burried into the plastic, those heads are what make prime hash, so i think its important to state what you are growing the herb for before we decide the drying method, depending on the bud and the structure of the plant will decide if you should hang or bag. But based on the replys most readers use a combination of both methods to create their own drying method.

I have been told to pull the entire plant,root system and all,hang the entire thing upside down.I allways thought the roots would dry and pull thc back into the dying root system.I've also been told to clip the branch right off the stalk and hang it to dry,but there are so many ways and everybody's right and nobody's wrong.It's like preparing food,everybody's got a diffrent method,the only thing that matters that it gets you lifted.:bongrip:

I always crumple up a layer of foil for the bottom of the paper bags. That way I get the trichs if I mishandle them in there, and they dont set on the paper. By crumpleing it a bit, only parts of the plant sit on the foil. It worked for me.

I have tried straight hanging, and I thought they dried too fast on the outside and too slow on the inside. I think I don't have the correct room to hang.

the problem with bags is they steal ALOT of resin heads. if you look at the empty ziploc bag after you take the herb out you can see lots of tiny hairs and crystals,(Resin Heads) remain stuck and burried into the plastic, those heads are what make prime hash, so i think its important to state what you are growing the herb for before we decide the drying method, depending on the bud and the structure of the plant will decide if you should hang or bag. But based on the replys most readers use a combination of both methods to create their own drying method.

Spenny I'm a hash nut and have been for 30 years. I got turned onto it for the first time on a Am-trak train. Anyway, I have bubble bags and before that made blender hash by the ton so I agree with you that plastic bags aren't the best for storage. But I believe, and I hope they correct me if I'm wrong, when they mention using bags to dry with they are using paper bags for the process.

all i was really saying that plastic isnt the way to store... thats all... but the tinfoil and paper thing really does sound like a good method if u dont have a room that humidity can be so easily controlled and is perfect for drying.

I dont know but after hanging i used to double bag then pop em in the freezer.

good luck with that... hope ur hard work pays off in potentcy! i cant wait till mine is done... im just in germination tho.. i have a nice selection from all over the world, i have a strawberry kough, one tai stick??? my brother got this incredibly weird herb it was really compressed and wrapped around a stick, and then a seed from a random bag on a disney land trip in orlando, and the last one a friend picked up somewhere along the path back packing in europe and we are all just stoked to see how these beauties will grow under my care... all the pot was really good, maybe even the backpack bud. but even the tai was really potent, but it was more of a hash plant. but we will have to see what comes out of these babies 4 sprouts and NO intention to sell a single bit. but im excited to mix the 4 into one superhash which is going to combine all the amazing trichromes to make spenny one disfunctional mother fu*ker for a bit!!!! but i will definatly be asking "Boss" for any help if i need it through out the grow because from my experience in the blogs he seems more than knowledgeable in the "field" and is very well spoken and easily understood. Thanks For your hard work Boss!!! would LOVE to see ur product oneday!!! im sure if u put half the effort in that that u do into this.... its going to be one loved cannabinoid!!!

Thanks for the props man, but I have to give all the credit to the people here and all the information on the site :) I have been around this all my life (Californian) but only recently got back in (After 15 years) and these guys here know a lot more about this stuff than me :) If I can't remember, I just find the answer here or guess :) One of these guys straightens me out when I am wrong, there are examples all over :)

Thank you!:cheesygrinsmiley:

good luck with that... hope ur hard work pays off in potentcy! i cant wait till mine is done... im just in germination tho.. i have a nice selection from all over the world, i have a strawberry kough, one tai stick??? my brother got this incredibly weird herb it was really compressed and wrapped around a stick, and then a seed from a random bag on a disney land trip in orlando, and the last one a friend picked up somewhere along the path back packing in europe and we are all just stoked to see how these beauties will grow under my care... all the pot was really good, maybe even the backpack bud. but even the tai was really potent, but it was more of a hash plant. but we will have to see what comes out of these babies 4 sprouts and NO intention to sell a single bit. but im excited to mix the 4 into one superhash which is going to combine all the amazing trichromes to make spenny one disfunctional mother fu*ker for a bit!!!! but i will definatly be asking "Boss" for any help if i need it through out the grow because from my experience in the blogs he seems more than knowledgeable in the "field" and is very well spoken and easily understood. Thanks For your hard work Boss!!! would LOVE to see ur product oneday!!! im sure if u put half the effort in that that u do into this.... its going to be one loved cannabinoid!!!

My two bits.

I trim my buds to perfection, remove all stalk and anything I dont want to smoke. Then I take a cardboard box ( one that was used for shipping wine in, you can get these at a liquor store ) it should have cardboard spacers in it 9 or 12 spots for wine bottles. Put it on it's side and place your bud in each chamber no more than two buds deep. Now place in a dark place. Turn the bud once a day and on the third day rotate the box 180 deg. so that the part of the box that had bud on it is now facing the ceiling. On the 4th day take your bud out and feel it if the outside feels dry and the inside is still moist you can now move your bud to a brown paper bag, again no more than two buds deep. Only roll up the very top like a lunch leaving as much air as possible. Check bags once a day turning your bud for three to four days. This is the spot were you can fuk everything up DO NOT over dry buds in paper bags. If you can squeeze your bud and still feel a little moisture inside it should be perfect for the next step. Now place bud in a glass jar put on lid and leave it for 24 hours. Remove lid for around 30 min to one hour the first day or two. Start smokin

Has anyone ever heard of there being a difference in the high,
if the budd is bagged or hung?

Back
Top Bottom