Hang or Bag method to dry?

• Hang it up!

Votes: 242 79.6%
  • Bag it up!

Votes: 42 13.8%
  • I use another method to dry mine.

Votes: 20 6.6%

• Total voters
Guess i grow to many cola's to bag dry buds. I am a super topper each plant has at least 12-24+ tops all as huge as my forarm! i use the hang'em like a clothes line methode! 20ft box trailer with lines tied from one side to the other row after row of hanging cola's no way to even think of bagging that much weed until dry and clipped down! then i bag the dry buds for the final cure! If u only grow a few oz's then bag it i guess but for anyone who grows big oz size tops. I dont see how it will work to bag them. The grower who says he takes a bunch of tops and ties them together and hanges them in a bag. how does the bag not collaps from the weight of the tops??????? Once again why chance mold with your GOLD!

If your drying in pounds, that is considered cash cropping. You almost have to use screens unless you like to take up alot of space hang drying. Your a lil different from a home grower. Most home growers dry ounces of bud or maybe up to one to 2 pnds for the larger home growers. Makes a big difference. I never bag dry more than a qp in one bag and the top of the closet housed 2 1000watt ballasts so you know that is a dry closet.

In california we are able to grow 6 plants for each prescreption. We have 2 scripts so we grow 12 plants. they average 1-5 lbs each. Its way to much to try and bag dry! Full sun in the back yard in 4ft deep by 6 ft round holes grows monsters! i beleave in super topping which is top every branch during veg cycle multi times so each brach makes 2, then 4 then 8 u can have hundreds of tops this way in holes big enough to support enough roots to feed all those cola's!

we like pictures :blushsmile::peace:

In california we are able to grow 6 plants for each prescreption. We have 2 scripts so we grow 12 plants. they average 1-5 lbs each. Its way to much to try and bag dry! Full sun in the back yard in 4ft deep by 6 ft round holes grows monsters! i beleave in super topping which is top every branch during veg cycle multi times so each brach makes 2, then 4 then 8 u can have hundreds of tops this way in holes big enough to support enough roots to feed all those cola's!

The more I top a plant, yes the more bud sites I get for colas, problem is I always end up with small buds and the yeild is actually lower. I tried topping early on some, and I tried multiple topping, I even tried topping then vegging then topping. It just doesn't seem to work for me. So I am not a fan for topping, supercropping, and FIM. I am also a indoor grower and I have never grown outdoors. I would love to see your 5 lb plants, I could only wish to be able to grow that large but being indoors and having height restrictions will never let me achieve anything close to that size. You Cali patients are lucky not to have a size limit.

I suppose we are getting a little off topic, but I have to agree with Urdedpal on the topping stuff. I am an indoor grower also (although next year I will do an outdoor crop too). I deal with a lot of plants at a much smaller size. The only time my plants get topped is if I take clones and happen to take a top or two. I also "skirt" the bottoms; I remove all lower growth from the soil to 6" up or so. This makes the main cola and buds remaining get much larger since that "larf" is not there using resources.

manicure(get rid of as much stalk/stem as possible),then put the goods into a brown paper bag with pin holes pierced all over, lay her on her side at the base of a closet and have a small fan circulating air,have a cabinet re-shuffle within the bag each night in case some a the little critters start gettin ahead a themselves.once the few remaining stalks snap without too much resistance, shes a ready for the cure.....glass jars..air tight(the less packed the better)
open for a few minutes twice or even thrice daily,slight re-shuffle.start sampling after three or four days(the longer you can manage to keep your sticky manhandlers off em the better)

wow is that mister escher himself standing in front of you...or is that just my reflection on the screen.
well ive tried hangin and if you don't manicure your just adding so much time onto the already tedious drying out period,i' ve even manicured and hung each bud by a small remaining niblet of stalk via clothes-peg,via clothes hangers.
slow but barely plausible for small crops.
the bag method has worked fine once the ventilation is in order, ie dont shut the closet,leave the top of the bag open keep everything nice and loose.

I've always hung my crop until I visited a bro in Kali. He sucessfully bagged using the brown grocery bags. So, I tried it . OUCH!!! Come to find out the humidity in my area makes the process almost impossible.
So I don't bag... there's something morally wrong with wasting bud.:bong:

i would have to say hang dry... although i have never grown or dried myself, i do have friends. all i know is that hanging is the best way according to them, and the fact that drying makes all the difference in the world on bud. not just because of mold and having moist pot but properly dried weed smells, tastes, and smokes better as well as boosts the quality of the high. you can deff tell who puts the time, effort, and love into drying their bud just by smoking it. the kids who sell you microwaved pot or shitty tasting pot that was dried in a basement sux compared to the tlc dried bud. oh and another thing i have been told by my bros is that the slower you dry it usually the better it is. skip shortcuts!

I did just one big bud in a bag .. I for some reason after the 2 day didn't feel right and checked on it and when i opened the bud and i seen like spiderweb type molded in the bud but it disappeared after a few min ?? I took it out of the bag and just hung it and it cured fine ?

For over 30 years hanging herb to dry, in a dark well ventilated area, for at least 2-3 weeks with fans running on low to keep the circulation moving: Most of the herb comes from the deep tropical rain forest areas that have nearly 250 + inches per year. After 2-3 weeks with the fans, they are then left to dry for another 2+ weeks without the fans while being trimmed, seperated, & categorized, they are placed in plastic 5 gallon containers.
For personal long time storage it is kept in glass jars with cork tops on them, and in sealed plastic containers. Aging your stash properly for the use within the next 1 month to 5 years requires some patience. Putting bud in containers when the stem is still soft and bendable will no doubt bring in mold. Make sure the stems " snap" before storing your herb. Like a fine wine keeping a little bit of each crop is a delite. Breaking out a 2001 Red Lady x Swazi stash and entertaining with it sure brings your fellow friends to tears.

^^^^what he said^^^^ we run the drying process at about 40% relative humidity. it makes for light green nugs. big island rules!!!:Rasta:

ive always hung, actually never bagged... boil the roots before you hang tho it helps alot and adds ppotentcy, you will thank me later when making hash. all the stems and leaves are drenched just chop em up and run em in the honey bee extractor!

ive always hung, actually never bagged... boil the roots before you hang tho it helps alot and adds ppotentcy, you will thank me later when making hash. all the stems and leaves are drenched just chop em up and run em in the honey bee extractor!

Rediculous!!!!!Boiling or cooking the roots does NOTHING for potency and it's been proven so!!! How does this far fetched myth keep getting brought back around? The plant is dyeing and does not have the ability to add any more resin once it's pulled. This is a post I have to call BS. I just can't allow it to be put out here like fact or even a possibility when it's been proven over and over to be wrong.

Rediculous!!!!!Boiling or cooking the roots does NOTHING for potency and it's been proven so!!! How does this far fetched myth keep getting brought back around? The plant is dyeing and does not have the ability to add any more resin once it's pulled. This is a post I have to call BS. I just can't allow it to be put out here like fact or even a possibility when it's been proven over and over to be wrong.
well i had no idea? i guess its a practice ive picked up along the way and just thought it seemed true... i didnt know anyone would get so upset about my post.. good to see that people are reading tho! sorry next time i will research before i give any advise out...

once again sorry for the misinformation

SPenny DaBest!

Back
Top Bottom