Durban Poison - Anyone had it? How good is it really?

I bought three seeds just because I've never smoked pure sativa before and I was curious, plus it was a good price (3 for $30). But last week I searched google to find out what the best tasting bud was and Durban Poison was ranked #1 so I'm pretty excited to try it. Anyone grow it or smoke it before?
We have it in flower right now! She's pretty tall!

These pics are from a couple days ago. We have a breeding project going and I have pollen on me, or I'd go take some pics now. I'll try to get to it later after I shower.

Also, she's probably 3' tall from the floor.

39a88757f81e94c8d8947a5192f9b277.jpg

72544e1a4a15c516488cbca2a0a0d47f.jpg

She's an auto, so she went into flower about 4 weeks from seed. The ruderalis that she has in her will help keep her short. If we had grown her outside, she would probably have been taller. You can always do some Low Stress Training, or LST, to keep her short. I'll post a pic of how I'm doing it with another auto. I just use coated wire to hold the branches down. Then the plant can grow with an even canopy.

6ffea4e27ea4058222ed4f1315686865.jpg

If you look closely, you can see the green wires spreading the branches away from the middle.

Im using the same wire for lst on my Kandy Kush grow right now. Something I should started a lot earlier than I did but that's ok, just another skill I gotta work on. And yea yours being an auto makes sense why its only 3 feet, mine isn't an auto so I will have to top and lst mine quite a bit or like i said do 12/12 seed.

What exactly is your wire hooked to though? It looks like it just goes straight into the dirt

Im using the same wire for lst on my Kandy Kush grow right now. Something I should started a lot earlier than I did but that's ok, just another skill I gotta work on. And yea yours being an auto makes sense why its only 3 feet, mine isn't an auto so I will have to top and lst mine quite a bit or like i said do 12/12 seed.

What exactly is your wire hooked to though? It looks like it just goes straight into the dirt
It's about 3" into the soil. It holds the plant down, but allows for some movement.
Topping and LST will be the way to go. We have a Super Silver Haze and she is out of control. Lol!

It's about 3" into the soil. It holds the plant down, but allows for some movement.
Topping and LST will be the way to go. We have a Super Silver Haze and she is out of control. Lol!

Ah man that was my first grow but I screwed up and she died so I never got to try her out :'(

Well shining silver haze was anyway.

Ill give that a try next, seems a LOT simpler and far less wire in the way. Thanks for the tip

Ah man that was my first grow but I screwed up and she died so I never got to try her out :'(

Well shining silver haze was anyway.

Ill give that a try next, seems a LOT simpler and far less wire in the way. Thanks for the tip
Once they get bigger, we have to tie a string around the pot about halfway up. Make sure to tie it tight, that's the anchor point. Then we tie strings to the branches and then tie them to the anchor point to assist in the LST. They eventually get too strong for the wires.

You should stop by our journal. We are doing fluxing, LST, Supercropping, we have a scrog, and roughly 20 plants from seedlings to drying in the tent. Lol. I'll go get the link and post it for you.

Once they get bigger, we have to tie a string around the pot about halfway up. Make sure to tie it tight, that's the anchor point. Then we tie strings to the branches and then tie them to the anchor point to assist in the LST. They eventually get too strong for the wires.

You should stop by our journal. We are doing fluxing, LST, Supercropping, we have a scrog, and roughly 20 plants from seedlings to drying in the tent. Lol. I'll go get the link and post it for you.

Another good tip I never read about, thanks again. Ill check out the journal for sure

Back
Top Bottom