Emmie's Organic 10 Week Durban Poison, 2020

Extended Veg, Day 131
I have good news to report regarding our Durban Poison clones that were transplanted to their final 10 gallon containers on Feb 15th. Today, only 3 days after the last full watering, they wanted more! We are on a 3 day wet/dry cycle already!

I just fed them their latest 2 week application of @GeoFlora Nutrients on Sunday, so they are not ready to flip just yet. This coming Sunday they will be a week into the nutes and a week of transition should get them ready for their first round of BLOOM nutes on Sunday after next. Houston, we are ready for flip on Sunday. We are at T minus 4 days and counting.

DSCF9070.JPG

Veg, Day 68

Our Poison Daddys want to have a report too! They are doing great! The @GeoFlora Nutrients are doing a great job in helping them get their full color back as we have for the most part beaten the gnats and the plants work on filling out the 1 gallon containers. We are at about a 2.5-3 day wet/dry cycle at the moment, but I think that is about to change... they seem to be anxious to move up to the next stage.

I give you our 2 beautiful Poison Daddy girls, Gorgon and Empusa... They promise to give us the most evil of buds imaginable... and I think I believe them!

DSCF9068.JPG

Veg, Day 71
It is my belief that the girls are ready for their next uppot, into 7 gallon containers, once I figure out what I have done with them. We will be sending these off to the bloom room asap, after a week or so in the new containers. They both appear to be strong plants who are going to throw up at least 4 large kolas each, and being a new variety, I am excited to see what they do with it. For the moment we need to get our veg count down; I keep forgetting that the 4 mother plants, waiting for spring time to go outside, are holding back the veg room a little bit, and now that I have had a chance to work within the regulations a while, I probably won't keep any more mother plants.

DSCF9071.JPG

I have also developed a problem. For a while I had a VPD problem and because of the high humidity caused by all the water up here in the grow rooms along with the extremely cold temperatures on the walls and ceiling from outside, combined with the 79 degree temperature I keep the rooms, we had water dripping in various places. It was raining indoors!

What I didn't realize was that this was going to cause my first fungal outbreak, and instead of quadrupling my fan movement in response, I did nothing, and now I have a case of leaf fungus that has started to spread around the room.

DSCF9077.JPG

No bueno says I, and I found my almost empty bottle of NEEM, still packed away in a tub full of gardening supplies. Today we cut away all of the badly infected leaves and then we soaked the girls in diluted NEEM. In about 3 days I am going to do it again, with the new NEEM that is winging its way toward me as I type these words.

I have also moved another fan into the room, right in the middle of things. I have plans on getting some commercial grade wall fans... we are not going to get here again if I can help it.

DSCF9078.JPG

I will let you know how it goes, but I am confident that we will get this under control quickly so we can go to bloom, and feel free moving the Poison Daddy's into the room along with them.

What I didn't realize was that this was going to cause my first fungal outbreak, and instead of quadrupling my fan movement in response, I did nothing, and now I have a case of leaf fungus that has started to spread around the room.
It is good that you caught it. For me that is useful to see, as I have noticed occasionally a leaf deteriorating like that but I never knew what caused it, it had only ever been the occasional one that I hadn't bothered about, but I had wondered! I had seen the occasional appearance of the left most leaf and the right most leaf, but I hadn't realised one was the progression of the other.

It makes sense then, how a plant will 'nominate' a leaf or stem for sacrifice when it is lacking in something. Or like in a drought where first just one leaf will go then one by one others follow until the same thing happens to the stems.
I had a plant once that got Fusarium Wilt, she really strove to finish her flowering and stem by stem she sacrificed to the fungus until she got there. Only when one stem was taken did she then give up on the next frailest, and then you'd see the fungus start to take that one, while all the others stayed strong enough until the next was sacrificed and so on.

Veg, Day 75

I still didn't uppot the Poison Daddys, because of several reasons. First, if I put them in final containers, without being able to move them into the presently Veg timing bloom room, because of the fungus infection going on in there, I am out of room on the veg table. The fungus infected Durban Poisons got their 2nd application of NEEM and it looks like I have mostly stopped the progression of the infection with the first spray. The plants slowed down a bit, so the water cycle lengthened out a little this time, but with today's watering I believe everything will get back on track.

DSCF9086.JPG
DSCF9085.JPG

Lastly, we are still finishing up defeating the fungus gnats on the veg side of the garden, and I wanted to get one more watering in for the Poison Daddys with mosquito dunk water, before uppotting them.

So as of today, they got watered, now are enjoying 5000k light instead of the 3000k they have been suffering with, and got their last dose of dunk water. I didn't do it today, but I am probably going to spray these girls with NEEM too, prior to moving them over to the bloom room. They are looking strong and look like they are capable of producing a lot of product, even now... just wait till we get them going in 7g containers!

DSCF9084.JPG

Today was feeding day for our Poison Daddys, so they also got uppotted to the 7 gallon containers. They were moved over to the bloom room, although at the moment we are running 18/6 in there so the Durban Poisons can grow into their 10gallon pots and get over the case of fungus infection they ended up with.

DSCF9090.JPG

The fungus infection seems to be being controlled... it is still not gone, but it is definitely slowing way down. Another week or so of veg light should help all of the future bloomers. Tomorrow I think I will put tomato cages around our unruly and sprawling Durbans, and it will be watering and feeding day for them too.

So tonight, we have our Poison Daddys under the Mars SP3000 and the veg table has gained some much needed space.

DSCF9089.JPG

DSCF9088.JPG

It appears that we are on a 3-4 day wet/dry cycle on the Poison Daddy's... they needed a little water today. This was before I watered... in an hour they will look great again!

DSCF9102.JPG
DSCF9101.JPG
DSCF9100.JPG

This little push should help build out the roots as we get ready to push forward into bloom in around a week.

The 4 big Durbans in 10 gallon containers are looking much better this evening. The fungus still isn't gone, but it isn't winning, and having caught it before moving into bloom we are in good shape. One of the Durbans basically got stuffed into a tomato cage (there was a fight, and it was ugly) but after a day to think about it, she is looking a lot happier about life. Another sprawling one was tamed with a cage, but it wasn't nearly as violent a struggle, and she is going to look good in the gilded cage too. The other two have turned into some massive bushes that are not going to need a lot of help holding up their weight... definitely POTM candidates some day soon. I will show these 4 off soon, just the trunks alone, easily the width of a couple of lighters or more, are very impressive. I love watching 10 gallon plants do what they do!

Here is the before and after shot of the thirsty Poison Daddy's. They are really using water now and I could have watered them again today. It is time to flip the room.

DSCF9110.JPG

The Durbans in the back of the room under the MEGA are also ready to bloom. I am getting a bit of fungus still on the back right plant, next to the outside air intake (!!!) and we will be dealing with her. The rest of them are ready for the flip. As of tomorrow, we will officially be in transition with all 6 plants.

DSCF9109.JPG
DSCF9108.JPG
DSCF9107.JPG

As of today we are a week into the transition. Last night I did a green light raid on the bloom room to check on the progress and I am thinking we are still a day or two away from the actual start of bloom. I did another defoliation of any fungus affected leaves over under the MEGA light on the big plants and sprayed NEEM again on two of the plants. The two bigger plants don't seem to have been affected by the fungus as much as the two little ones, and they did not need another application of neem.

I also saw that I needed to turn down the light coming from the MarsHydro SP-3000 because it was too much for the Poison Daddy's right out of the veg room. These are also still working on transitioning to bloom, but are not quite there yet.

DSCF9123.JPG
DSCF9122.JPG
DSCF9121.JPG

Here are the Poison Daddy's:
DSCF9120.JPG
DSCF9119.JPG

Veg, Day 11

The Durbans are loving things and are really growing rapidly. They are going to need to be transplanted in a couple of days, but still the water usage is manageable, so we wait. They just got watered a half hour ago, and we will now see how long it takes to drain the cups.

DSCF8414.JPG
Very nice plants!!

Bloom, Day 3
Sorry I havn't updated for a few days here at this critical time, but I really needed to get some time away from computers this weekend. I have had a few very stressful weeks and just needed to decompress. When your job is being an economist, and the entire global economy decides to change, life gets very busy. I have it sorted now and have a good plan... and things are getting better.

So the day after my last update the plants decided to bloom. Every one of them, from the huge Durban Poisons to the much smaller Poison Daddy's... we are doing it. The two PD's look pretty similar... very narrow leaves and look to be leaning sativa. They are loving the SP-3000. Three of the 10 pounder DPs are going to be huge and I already expect 8-10 oz off of a couple of them. The 4th one is a bit scrawny... it was near the air inlet and started the fungus funk. It happens. The 3 applications of neem oil seem to have worked... the fungus is no longer among us.

Here are the pictures... the first are from the DPs and the last three are from the PDs.

DSCF9126.JPG
DSCF9125.JPG
DSCF9124.JPG

And here are the Poison Daddy's:
DSCF9129.JPG
DSCF9128.JPG
DSCF9127.JPG

Bloom, Day 9
There is a lot of blooming going on in here today! The big Durbans in the back in the 10 gallon pots are going insane. This will no doubt end up being the largest harvest this house has ever had. Two of the plants look to be capable of 8-10 oz apiece, one slightly less than that, and one is going to be lucky to give us 3 oz.

DSCF9142.JPG
DSCF9141.JPG
DSCF9140.JPG
DSCF9139.JPG

The Poison Daddy's are also looking amazing. These plants because of their size and all the fighting of Fungus Gnats that was going on, didn't get trained in any way. They were simply placed into their 7g bags and told to bloom. This certainly is not the way to get large show off plants that are huge producers, but these girls are stepping up to the task in a great way. Looking at the way they are trying to fill in buds on at least 4 main kolas, it looks like each branch is going to end up being a foot to foot and a half of solid bud by the time they are finished, and it looks like the plants are going to be able to hold up the weight without help. These plants look special, and I am very curious what the product is going to end up being. What special tastes has Kosher Daddy brought to this line? Will it be as dramatic and special as Girl Scout Cookies for example, who are also a hybrid of Durban Poison? Time will tell.

DSCF9138.JPG
DSCF9137.JPG
DSCF9136.JPG
DSCF9135.JPG
DSCF9134.JPG

Bloom, Day 12
The buds are really starting to get big now and a bit of stretch has started. These plants are all about to get extremely thirsty!

20210405_183454.jpg
20210405_183501.jpg

Also, Hippy Hash has been officially called a girl and given a 5 gallon container and her first feeding in a while. She should green up dramatically in the next few days, and then this plant is going to really start putting on some weight.

20210405_183508.jpg

Bloom, Day 16
Poison Daddy is really getting to be an impressive sight. Each plant is going to have 3 main kolas and one secondary, and buds are filling in all the way down into the canopy and it looks like we are going to get some good foot long buds in the end. Each of these girls appear to be loving the MarsHydro SP-3000 that has now been turned up to maximum intensity.

DSCF9147.JPG
DSCF9148.JPG

Hippy Hash has regained much of her color since transplant and finally feeding her. This unknown is finishing out in a 5 gallon container.

DSCF9149.JPG

The rest of the Durban Poisons are lounging in the back under the Nextlight MEGA. The GeoFlora is doing a great job on this round and no deficiencies can be seen... we are still fighting the fungus a bit though. I will be hitting them with another round of neem this weekend and I have purchased a new 18" wall mounted commercial grade oscillating fan so as to really start stirring up the air in the bloom room. Fungus will not be a problem for long and if this doesn't seem to be enough air movement in this 12x6 room, I will get a second one for the opposite wall.

DSCF9150.JPG

@Emilya what kinda smells are your poison Daddys giving off at the moment? Big Sativa strains make me wish I had a backyard fo grow in.
Actually, not much of a smell at all right now. If there is one, it is so earthy it is immediately lost in the breezy room, and I have a pretty good nose.

Here is how they are looking today, on Day 21 of Bloom:

DSCF9161.JPG
DSCF9160.JPG
DSCF9159.JPG
DSCF9158.JPG

Back
Top Bottom